Latest Guest Announcement the legend Leonard Nimoy

showmasters

also once directed an 80s baby comedy (as well as two, yep you guessed it: ST films)

I keep forgetting about that, definately have to get that signed up when he is over

But you only just mentioned it last night? Did you forget already?

i like those films... i got Steve Guttenberg to sign my boxset just the other day in fact!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's more to Leonard Nimoy than just Star Trek! :dance:

No offence but I think that's a pretty weak statement as far as fandom goes.;) It's like saying there's more to Tom Welling than just Smallville, Hayden Panettiere to Heroes or David Prowse to Star Wars or even Jonathan Frakes to ST:TNG.

Nimoy is predominantly known for ST. Of course "on paper" he's done other stuff but if you wanted to meet him for anything else you'd have to be a pretty big fan of that show as he was not one of the main regular players, just a guest...except for maybe Three Men and a Baby but do fans of that film even exist? :YAHOO:

Dont get me wrong, he is a good guest to have cos he is Spock but he doesnt have that broad-range appeal. Therefore to say there's more to him than just ST is a bit "ambitious". I mean how many non-ST fans do you think he'll sign for? He also did do "that" other London con a couple years back so IMO I don't consider him that rare or that a big surprise guest either esp as Shatner attended an SM event previously too. But still well done to SM for getting Mr Spock. :P

I was offended. And that applies to Zebredy's reply as well. I have to be careful what I say otherwise I will be banned. But that's what happens with internet message boards.

that is pretty damn cool!

already have his auto on an 8x10 from meeting him a few years ago but it's an awful pilot photo because they ran out of other photos b**tards! and then the next day they'd printed more off, was not impressed :P so may be tempted to get another, especially if there will be photos of him from the movies wearing the red uniform as my other trek 8x10s are like that, and a non-posey shot would be even better :D

rock on June!!! :smile:

surfy sah xx

And I see Leonard Nimoy as Mr Spock of Star Trek who also once directed an 80s baby comedy (as well as two, yep you guessed it: ST films)

We cant forget his appearance in The Bangles Goin down to Liverpool video.....that was wicked.

... Im sure there is someone around that see's Hayden more as the cheerleader from Bring It On 2 than the Cheerleader from Hereos.... :lol:

I see her as a young blonde POA in a TV show called "Heroes" who is talked about alot on this forum and who is also appreciated by the FHM generation.

And I see Leonard Nimoy as Mr Spock of Star Trek who also once directed an 80s baby comedy (as well as two, yep you guessed it: ST films)

I keep forgetting about that, definately have to get that signed up when he is over

oh and i reckon Hayden is a far hotter POA in person than on tv or in print... impressive

She's hot no doubt about that - but then there's a lot of hot chicks out there, and to be honest I just couldn't be bothered with Heroes - lost interest during the first season.

As for Nimoy, I agree with Nicky - he's Spock, and that's it really. A very important role to be sure, but that's pretty much where it ends for him. Three Men and a Baby was a decent film - I don't understand why he didn't capitalize on it's success. He had the chance to break out and have a long career in directing, and he just didn't - strange.

Three Men and a Baby was a decent film - I don't understand why he didn't capitalize on it's success. He had the chance to break out and have a long career in directing, and he just didn't - strange.
That's true. TMAAB was a sizeable hit at the time and was the film that started the whole "baby-comedy" sub-genre in the 80s. He'd also directed the most successful ST movie (ST4) so its a wonder why he didnt continue his career behind the camera. Edited by nicky

There is so much more to him than just Spock.His poetry and photographic books his directing his countless film and tv roles before and after Star Trek and his stage work,ie Topol in Fiddler On The Roof and his 1 man show about Vincent Van gogh as seen through the eyes of his brother Theo!

Three Men and a Baby was a decent film - I don't understand why he didn't capitalize on it's success. He had the chance to break out and have a long career in directing, and he just didn't - strange.
That's true. TMAAB was a sizeable hit at the time and was the film that started the whole "baby-comedy" sub-genre in the 80s. He'd also directed the most successful ST movie (ST4) so its a wonder why he didnt continue his career behind the camera.

Agreed - ST III did $76m, so not too bad - ST IV did $133m (off a $27m budget). 3 Men and a Baby did $167m domestic. Very good numbers for the time, and the budgets.

There is so much more to him than just Spock.His poetry and photographic books his directing his countless film and tv roles before and after Star Trek and his stage work,ie Topol in Fiddler On The Roof and his 1 man show about Vincent Van gogh as seen through the eyes of his brother Theo!
Thats a bit of a "pedantic" or do I mean desperate attempt for your case? But no one cares about that (not the general public anwyay). 95% of his fans only care about STar Trek.:headscratch::headscratch::headscratch: Dont get me wrong, I like ST and am meeint him for it. Edited by collector-man

That's right - don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he hasn't done anything else - but realistically I think he's always going to be seen as Spock, and I guess he's come to terms with that over the years. Will be nice to see him in the new film - I'm not over happy about it being Star Trek 90210, and having him make an appearance gives it a bit of credibility!

Fantastic news showmaster!

if you've manged to pull this off you will have restored my faith in you is there any chance of getting William Denny Crane Shatner there? or anyother original series cast!

also on wish list leVar Burton, Jonathan Frakes, Gates McFadden, any cast of the new movie, Enterprise cast DS9 cast!

Agreed - ST III did $76m, so not too bad - ST IV did $133m (off a $27m budget). 3 Men and a Baby did $167m domestic. Very good numbers for the time, and the budgets.
Yes, and its a wonder also why he didnt even think abotu directing the other subsequent sequels either to ST or Three Men and a Baby. He just seemed to have quit afterwards.