Traveling from Scotland

Tanith

I have not decided on whether or not I am going yet until I seen what the guest lineup will be. But the main drawback is the travelling to Northampton as I have no idea how to get there.

I stay close to Glasgow so to ease my mind so to speak can anyone give the best methods to travelling from Glasgow to Northampton and if possible provide some directions as to where to go.

I had to use Google to find out exactly where in England Northampton was :D

Not sure what the closest airport would be and would be even more clueless as to where to go from there.

I take it flying is the best method then. I do not mind how long the journey would be (within reason).

I have been doing some research and found that that you can get a train directly to Northampton from Birmingham International would this be a better way?

Me and my friend are flying from Glasgow to Birmingham on the Friday and we will get a train to NHampton. Train station is less than 10 minutes from the hotel.

Unfortunately since we are going home Sunday and because of the time of flights from Birmingham to Glasgow, we are just going to fly back from Luton.

I have been doing some research and found that that you can get a train directly to Northampton from Birmingham International would this be a better way?

The train from the airport is quick and reasonable at £13 return but at other events there has been limited trains back to airport on the Sunday so double check.

Flights from Edinburgh or Glasgow with Flybe are great and reasonable at £50ish if booked in advance

Edited by scruffy

i have a simalar problem as i travel from newcastle, e1 i got the train from newcastle to birmingham birmingham to nothampton took about 6 and a half hours though cause all my trains leave me with an hour to wait in brum...

another option is train down to euston london ( there is a direct one from either glasgow down the west coast witch will get you to euston or a one that goes via edinburough and through newcastle to kings cross then the tube to euston ) both wil take about 5 hours and then the train to northampton

i do it the second way now but i tend to stay at my blokes now and travel up with him on the friday...

getting back on a sunday will be a nightmare especialy on a bank holiday i havent decided what im doing yet i may either go to my fellas or just stay the sunday night and travel back on monday.

and kenny lives in scotland and flew there and back and had flight problems both ways and eneded up very drunk in an airport with double shinny lol

Yeah, that was with BMIBaby, I'm flying again to Birmingham International, this time with FlyBe though. There are very regular trains direct from Birmingham International Airport to Northampton a 10 minute walk from the Park Inn for about a tenner each way.

Fingers firmly crossed for no problems;)

Edited by Kenny

I have not decided on whether or not I am going yet until I seen what the guest lineup will be. But the main drawback is the travelling to Northampton as I have no idea how to get there.

I stay close to Glasgow so to ease my mind so to speak can anyone give the best methods to travelling from Glasgow to Northampton and if possible provide some directions as to where to go.

Go South!!!!

Go South!!!!

what the hell its South? :D

• 1 month later...
  • Showmasters Admin

Yeah, that was with BMIBaby, I'm flying again to Birmingham International, this time with FlyBe though. There are very regular trains direct from Birmingham International Airport to Northampton a 10 minute walk from the Park Inn for about a tenner each way.

I'll also be flying with flyBe from Scotland down to Birmingham International and getting the train from there. It's what I've done for all of the events at Northampton, :YAHOO:

SJ

xox

You paid £10 to walk to the Park Inn?!! :D