Thoughts On The Movie?

betttthhhh

I thought the movie was great! I admit there were some scenes i would have liked to see or maybe a bit more from some characters *jackson rathbone* :YAHOO: but other than that i think Summit did a great Job :YAHOO: and i can say for sure I'll be watching this movie ALOT of times in the next couple of weeks...

Edited by BethCullen

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved the movie!

The added bits like the kitchen scene and the killings by the nomads were awesome!

Was annoyed that they didnt do the airport scene near the end and that there wasn't any mention of dazzling!

The film is deffo not as good as the book but they did a good job to make the film awesome =]

Going to see it again soon :YAHOO:

I was a bit disappointed to be honest. I thought it was cast well and some of the scenes were done well (my favourite scene was the baseball game, my fave bit in the book) but it drew attention to how unoriginal the story is. It's all been done before and done better in Buffy, and my boyfriend said there was a definite Lost Boys moment in it (not a good one!) It just didn't keep my attention. And the Cullens had hardly any lines which was really disappointing. They really rushed the ending.

Oh and I'm not saying this just to **** people off. I like Twilight, I thought the book was quite sweet and it's a nice easy read. But there are soooo many more good vampire novels out there that have been overlooked. For me the movie was just a bit toooo cheesey. And didn't think much of the script.

Also it didn't help that the cinema was full of young teenage girls squealing every time Robert/Edward was on screen. And the row of girls behind us would not stop talking throughout the whoooole film. It was so annoying.

I have to start by saying that I knew nothing on the books or movie. I saw a trailer and decided to watch the film this morning in the local cinema.

Thought it was excellent. I've just been out to buy the books to read and the soundtrack for the car. Th only downer I had was not seeing enough of Edwards family but other than that - look forward to the next one.

I loved it

I'm seeing it for the third time tomorrow

Definetely should of seen more of the Cullen's and they're back story. Maybe a MENTIONING of Jasper's ability!

And, I think there should of been much more of the hotel scene

But, the baseball scene and the bit where Edward gets out of the car and says 'Well, since I'm going to hell' was AMAZING

And, no other Cullen's at the prom scene :thumbup:

I wanted to see everyone looking enviously at Rosalie and Alice

But, GREAT movie

So excited for the con now

I loved it.

Considering it would be very hard to put alot of the book onto screen they did well.

Favorite scene where the van nearly crashed into Bella and Edward stopped it was awesome and the baseball game was fab, and just long enough to understand it all.

The icy glares from Rosalie to Edward and to Bella, were brill, loving the hatred looks!!

I think it was cast really well.

The prob with doing book to film is that u can imagine it more in the book so the film is never going to match ur image perfectly ( i read a book a long time ago called Flowers in the Attic, i watched the film and it wasnt so great) and wouldnt watch again, would watch Twilight again tho), even tho i think this was great. Yea there were bits i missed from the book, but it wasnt overdone.

OH.... MY.... FREAKING.... GAAAAAAAAAWWWWDDDDD... :lol::lol::lol:

What an amazing movie... I loved it from start to finish... apart from Bella being a complete gibbering idiot... seriously, did she even manage to string a single sentence together properly... anyways... Edward was just perfect for me... Jasper could have used a few more lines... he seemed very wooden... Rosalie was brilliant with her instant dislike to Bella... the whole scene in the house with her breaking the bowl was hilarious... not much of Jacob, but we'll get more of him in the next movie, so that's something to look forward to. :YAHOO:

LOVED Edward's sparkling in the sunlight... :thumbup:

Now I have seen it on the big screen, I can watch it to my heart's content on my PC! ;):lol:

I really liked it. I thought they did a really good job, obviously it's no way as good as the book (what movie adaptions are?), and they were very true to it. My favourite scenes were the baseball game, Super Massive Black Hole went so well with it, it was awesome! I really liked the prom scene too... I thought the love between Edward and Bella was most believable in that scene. I LOVED Billy Burke as Charlie, he was definitely a highlight I wasn't expecting, and Rob was perfect! The casting was great... wish we had heard/seen more of the Cullens, especially Alice.

There are a few things I didn't like about it though. First... what was going on with Angela? Out of character much? The 'meadow' scene was very dissapointing, the cheese was a bit too much to handle, but when I think about it, it was all pretty true to the actually scene... just better on the page than the screen.

Over all I liked it, and will be seeing it again very soon!

Edited by Toyer

I loved it too but I kept thinking 'Where is the scene where Emmett says "Shes not one of us".' Because I did not see it...

It made me sad that they cut that part, I love Emmett/Kellan !

I loved the movie & ive seen it 3 times so far, Going back again tomorrow. I was just as excited for the 3rd time as I was for the last.

My only complaints are that Edward didnt sparkle enough for my liking, There wasnt enough Emmett & Jasper or any mention of Jaspers ability & No other Cullens at the prom. These arent huge moans from me just little things that I noticed.

My favorite scene is the baseball scene, I love that part & Supermassive black hole fits perfectly !

I loved how Rose was all up in Victoria's face when James smelt Bella :angel:

Edited by Mrs Cullen

But...! I hated Mike & Eric, they were just ANNOYING and childish tbh! =\

But wasn't that the whole point. They needed to lighten the whole Edward and Bella deadly serious relationship and at the end of the day they were kids at High Scool! I liked the humans. I thought they played up the Eric role really well....worms..LA Push Baby! ...hahaha!

I've seen the movie about 5 or 6 times now and it gets better each time!

I got back from the cinema about an hour ago and I loved the movie so much!

Careful when reading on: Spoilers.

I liked how Bella narrated bits of the movie, I thought that was a really nice touch, and also how they used a lot of the book's original dialog which I also think tends to be changed to much in movie adaptations. I loved the baseball scene, I thought that was really well done, plus I loved the Muse track that was played with it. Although I read that some people thought the pale skin effect for the Cullens was bad, I honestly thought it looked fine so perhaps it depends on the cinema.

Although the ending with the action was a tad rushed, I thought that was really great. Also how they had a sort of montage of moments towards the end when Edward was sucking out the venom. I also liked how it ended with Victoria, which I thought was a great way to round it off and link in the future movies.

The only bit I wasn't too keen on was when Edward 'sparkled'. I hadn't imagined it to be anything like that and I just thought it looked a little bit odd.

Andrea was not how I imagined her to be either. I thought she would be a lot more sweet and innocent looking. I think Jessica was captured just right, although I always got the impression that she wasn't a very nice person which didn't show much. I liked Mike though, I thought his casting was good. And of course, James was perfect!

Anyway, I came home from the cinema really hyper and I want to see it again already! I'll have to try and control myself or I'll be asking everyone I know if they want to go and see it with me, LOL :D I think I might start re-reading the book again for the millionth time.... :P

I thought i'd be really dissapointed in the film but it was amazing. I really don't think anyone could have played edward better, Robert pattinson did a great job. I loved when he had those rayban sunnies on and walked out with bella from the car to school - i wish i was her!

not sure that I liked bella in it though, she seemed such a weaker personality than she is in the book. Would have liked to seen her played as a stronger individual. A bit upset about the whole Jasper thing too, he'll get his time though. Alice was just how I imagined her but i always pictured her with blonde hair.

Big thumbs up for the casting! I loved the cullens house as well.