How to Get to Braehead

yesindeed

Okay guys and gals here is my How to Get to Braehead Guide

I’ve done it a lot different from last time, as you will no doubt see

Instead of having one long post I’ve split it up so that its links to these pages which are ready to print on A4, all you have to do is click on the links below that you’ll need to use, so if your coming in by train and arrive in central click on the “Glasgow Central to Braehead†link and your good to go

I’ve also included prices and pictures (yes pictures)

One big point, there is a football game at ibrox on Saturday, the stadium is close to the arena and may cause some problems, getting home and getting to the arena from about 1:00, the busses will be a bit busy but the subway is a nightmare on game day and traffic around will be a bit hectic after about 5ish till about 6:30

So here goes

Glasgow Central to Braehead

Glasgow Queen St to Braehead

Buchanan St Bus Station to Braehead

Etap Hotel to Braehead

Purple Hotel - Braehead

Travel Lodge Springfield Quay To Braehead

Travel Lodge Braehead to Braehead (I know that sounds really stupid)

Prestwick Airport to Braehead, I'm sorry it's to far for me to get too but if you get the train from the airport and then follow the guide for Central Station

Glasgow Airport To Braehead

Any Glasgow Subway to Braehead (not recommended for the Saturday due to football)

Car or Taxi to Braehead Part 1 Part 2

(if your getting a taxi say the Sainsbury’s End of the center and follow the Blue car park guide in Part 2)

Hope these are useful, any questions post them up and I’ll see what I can do but I covered everything apart from Parachuting and Jet Ski so I don’t think any one will have problems

Enjoy :D

May I also add for those working or wanting to be there crack of dawn, the Arriva bus 23 from Renfield Street next to Walkabout (bar) leave very early unlike most of the First buses which dont start at Buchanan Bus station till later.

• 1 month later...

should help a few people.

Whazzzzzup yesindeed . see ya in a few months again . :dance:

oh dont forget the 24h noodle bar if anyone is staying overnight . 10mins away ..

yoooooooooo dude, you shall mate, hey it might snow this time, it will be august but you never know with scottish weather

• 5 months later...

Thanx for this, I'm coming in from my Mum & Dad's place in Ayrshire and I'm wondering if I can get a bus from Paisley (Gilmour St) to Braehead rather than going into Central?

Thanx again

Easy :)

As soon as you get out of Gilmour Street, head into Couty Square. It's the side of the station the manned ticket booths are on - you should also see a pub called the Last Post as soon as you exit to your right, and Piazza shopping centre on your left.

Head left towards Central Rd - which is at the back of the shopping centre (between the back wall and car park entrance) and filled with bus stops (Map)

You'll see stops near the far end with regular buses (run by Arriva) marked for Braehead. I can't remember the price, but a day ticket is pretty cheap. Once you're at the location in the pics linked in the original post - get off, you're there :lol:

Edited by ComwWhite

Thanx for this, I'm coming in from my Mum & Dad's place in Ayrshire and I'm wondering if I can get a bus from Paisley (Gilmour St) to Braehead rather than going into Central?

Thanx again

Easy :)

As soon as you get out of Gilmour Street, head into Couty Square. It's the side of the station the manned ticket booths are on - you should also see a pub called the Last Post as soon as you exit to your right, and Piazza shopping centre on your left.

Head left towards Central Rd - which is at the back of the shopping centre (between the back wall and car park entrance) and filled with bus stops (Map)

You'll see stops near the far end with regular buses (run by Arriva) marked for Braehead. I can't remember the price, but a day ticket is pretty cheap. Once you're at the location in the pics linked in the original post - get off, you're there :lol:

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

hahahaha is it bad that ye helped me with this last time and it was only this time last year and I forget already how to get to/from the place?! Bad Esha! hahaha oops.

Although this time i'm flying to and from the same airport which helps! No trekking over to Prestwick for me too! hurrah!!!

easyest and fastest way to central is on the 22 bus from one of teh stops on the street with poundland on it its 2.50 for a full day ticket and you can use it on any arrevia bus

Hey dudes and dudettes:

I was looking for directions for the Arriva bus. I went on the Google Maps Street View Thing: for anyone else who may be of benefit, Type in

102 Union St, Glasgow, Glasgow City G1 3, United Kingdom

That's the mad dodgy STUFF shop.

All exited - see ye's tomorow!!!!! Have fun but don't get skint!

PS.

I've posted this at 11pm the night before the actual event...why? :D;)