Questions for Guest Talks...

slaycandy

• Showmasters Admin

Guest Talks Questions!

If you have a particular question that you would like asked at the guest talks, we now have a new way of submitting these to Massive Events prior to the convention! On each of the Massive Events' websites there is now a Guest Talks Questions submission form that you can fill out - all we need is your question, and the name of the guest you want it asked to.

These questions will all be read and checked prior to being used at the weekend. The best (and most varied) questions will be selected and used during the guest talks each day of the event.

For those of you that have been to a Massive Events convention in the past and seen the system of filling out a small paper form and leaving it in a box, this is basically the same procedure, but it helps us to get more organised prior to the event so that you get the best range of questions on the day!

Please do not post your questions on the forums as they won't be checked, if you do have a question please fill out the form.

We look forward to reading the questions that you come up with and hope that this makes the guest talks run more smoothly in the future!

To submit a question for The Hub: 2: CLICK HERE!

SJ

x

PS. Please note, only submit questions to guests that are currently confirmed to be attending an event, not guests that you hope will be there. Thanks!

Edited by slaycandy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Out of interest will more specific questions be allowed this time?

Whilst everyone enjoyed the talks last time one of the biggest complaints I heard was that for a Torchwood convention there were very few Torchwood questions actually asked as the more general questions were picked which could apply to anyone.

• Showmasters Admin

This might sound.........or is stupit but will you still be able to write questions while at the event?

These will still be a box at the event to put you questions in. Not everyone knows to do it in advance.

Out of interest will more specific questions be allowed this time?

Whilst everyone enjoyed the talks last time one of the biggest complaints I heard was that for a Torchwood convention there were very few Torchwood questions actually asked as the more general questions were picked which could apply to anyone.

I think the questions when they were in the "panel" talks were chosen so that all of the guests could answer them. Not much point in having 6 guests on stage and the question "Garth, what was is like to playing XYZ scene?" to be asked. It's a panel and so the questions should be for everyone.

The single or two person talks I agree that the questions can be more specific.

Also do remember that most of the questions are those coming from the audience. You'd be amazed at some of the questions that get put in those boxes. At each event we have to remove at least 7 or 8 marriage requests and people ask for a date with the guests.

If 80% of the question in the box are non Torchwood related, then it's likely 80% of those asked will be non Torchwood related. You and your friends may have put in Torchwood questions but a lot of people won't have.

I'm not involved in doing the chosing of the questions (although I do see some of the mad ones) but I shall mention this to those that are.

Edited by Too Tall

Also do remember that most of the questions are those coming from the audience. You'd be amazed at some of the questions that get put in those boxes. At each event we have to remove at least 7 or 8 marriage requests and people ask for a date with the guests.

Oh I can well imagine - and I bet those are the tamer questions. I don't envy anyone who has to sift through them!

I'll try and think up some specific and general questions for this time.

Oh I can well imagine - and I bet those are the tamer questions. I don't envy anyone who has to sift through them!

I was actually quite surprised to think that anyone would do that - trying your luck in a live Q&A, possibly (though I can't imagine anything more cringeworthy!) but writing it down for someone else to read? Even as a joke? :D

• Showmasters Admin

I was actually quite surprised to think that anyone would do that - trying your luck in a live Q&A, possibly (though I can't imagine anything more cringeworthy!) but writing it down for someone else to read? Even as a joke? :blush:

At Eclipse 2 we had "Dania, my mobile number is 05656 565656 please ring me for a date tonight!"

As you say, how anyone thinks that Paul our MC is going to read that out is anyones guess.

We did think for a while about ringing the number at the start of the talk to see who answered :D

At Eclipse 2 we had "Dania, my mobile number is 05656 565656 please ring me for a date tonight!"

As you say, how anyone thinks that Paul our MC is going to read that out is anyones guess.

We did think for a while about ringing the number at the start of the talk to see who answered :D

LOLOL! That would have been brilliant YouTube fare.:blush:

*headdesk*

After reading that reply in despair, what's the betting there are still 'Gareth, I love you, will you come to room 000 at 8pm?' ones in the box?

Actually, it would make a great competition - guess the number of inappropriate questions :thumbup: My guess is 29 :wub:

Actually, it would make a great competition - guess the number of inappropriate questions :thumbup: My guess is 29 :wub:

I think you're underestimating what those rabid, obsessive types are capable of! I'd put the number closer to 100 :wub:

Edited by TurkFox

We did think for a while about ringing the number at the start of the talk to see who answered :thumbup:

its probably good that i wasnt in charge, i WOULD have rang that number. lol!! :D

my guess is 22!! <--can we please have the result put up here after the event?

• Showmasters Admin

Lol, I delete most of the really inappropriate questions emailed in as I get them so there wouldn't really be any way of giving a result, but I can guarantee it's been more than 30!!!

SJ

xox

• 3 weeks later...

^^^ spoil it for the rest of us....almost normal people lol. I'd never dream of giving a guest my number no more than I'd give it to some random person. I may know them on telly but I dont know them and the certainly dont know me. I do got a question about Movement auditions cos I got one in my college audition and never done one before and any of them thats studied in college/uni wouldve done Movement classes but if I get a chance to ask them in person I wont let everyone else get bored with it

I probably won't be reading this 'til the end of the Hub 2, but I've gotta ask anyway...

A while aback I submitted a couple of questions through the website, but I never got any emails confirming that they actually were received...

I guess I have to write 'em again at the event.

-MtS.Tyra, the extremely tired one