Orginal Star Wars guests

Avengers7

Ford wants too much

Hamill is really rare and wants alot too (but not as much as Ford)

Fisher has been a couple times

McDiarmid hates to sign (and meet fans?)

Mayhew has been a few times

Daniels wont work with SM

Williams has been once (but wasn't very enthused or fan-freindly)

Ford wants too much

Hamill is really rare and wants alot too (but not as much as Ford)

Fisher has been a couple times

McDiarmid hates to sign (and meet fans?)

Mayhew has been a few times

Daniels wont work with SM

Williams has been once (but wasn't very enthused or fan-freindly)

Well, there was talk of Showmasters trying to get us Hamil and Ford.

Fisher will prob. be around at some time as well as Williams and I'm sure that McDiarmid did an event last year!!!!

Fisher will prob. be around at some time as well as Williams and I'm sure that McDiarmid did an event last year!!!!

SM getting Ford was most likely a dealer talking though it's the first I've hear dof it. McD did CE last year but wasn't signing, I heard he was there just to present some er...presentation.

SM getting Ford was most likely a dealer talking though it's the first I've hear dof it. McD did CE last year but wasn't signing, I heard he was there just to present some er...presentation.

Ian was there to present a charity outdoor screening of Star Wars, and nerves were getting the better of him slightly. I think he's happier hiding behind a character.

I reckon 100 fans followed him afterwards, he couldn't get to his car fast enough!

I suppose a hotel based event might suit him more than a hall event, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I reckon a conservative estimate based on the private signing price I've seen in the past would be about £500 and I suspect that would be no quotes or personalisations, thats if they ever got him which I doubt they would!

I think £200 would be my limit, but I wonder how long the queue would be.

Didnt someone say in a thread on the Stars Wars section that they'd spoken to Derek Maki who actually confirmed what Ford's asking price was per auto? I think it was £500?

It would depend when he said that as well, at one point £500 was almost worth $1000. It isn't now.

Didnt someone say in a thread on the Stars Wars section that they'd spoken to Derek Maki who actually confirmed what Ford's asking price was per auto? I think it was £500?

It would depend when he said that as well, at one point £500 was almost worth $1000. It isn't now.

Yes indeed, the exchange rate would be a factor. Cable (AKA USD/GBP) isn't what it once was. If I remember right the 'private signing' people are talking about was around the $500 mark. I'd pay $500 for Ford - not sure if I'd stretch to £500... if I had the chance to talk to him, honestly, I'd probably do it. Particularly if some of the fee was for charity.

PS Nicky - who's Derek Maki?

He represents a number of Star Wars actors, he was the guy who bought Mark Hamill over for CE. I think he also has something to do with Harrison Ford as well.

Some would say not the most popular man in the Star Wars collecting world!

I was basing the £500 fee on the $500 plus I reckon he'd want a good chunk of cash extra for the hassle of having people breathing near him. Based on the fact that the fee for the private signings doesn't include personalisations or I don't even think a choice of images I suspect any time you'd get with him would be very limited as well.

I actually meant $500 USD.

Derek Maki is the tall thin bald-headed guy (sometimes in a blue shirt) who sat with Carrie Fisher and Irvin Kirshner at CM. He also "hosted" the AvP talk at LFCC2. He's runs(?) Cool Waters Productions - a booking agent for guests at cons and he is also an actor/comedian. I heard SM and CWP had a falling out a while back so getting guests represented by them might be hard unless its someone like Ian Whyte who decides to attend "outside" of CWP.

Edited by nicky

I heard SM and CWP had a falling out a while back so getting guests represented by them might be hard unless its someone like Ian Whyte who decides to attend "outside" of CWP.

Would that be to do with SM pulling out of CE a few months before it took place? Still the best event I ever went to, by a long shot.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know SM don't really go in for group shots but a photo shoot with some of the regulars e.g. Prowse, Baker, Bulloch, Mayhew etc then maybe a Carrie Fisher type guest would be pretty cool.

I know SM don't really go in for group shots but a photo shoot with some of the regulars e.g. Prowse, Baker, Bulloch, Mayhew etc then maybe a Carrie Fisher type guest would be pretty cool.

• 3 months later...