Heroes Season 3 - Episode 8 Discussion

DavidB

• Moderators

powerssylarslowsdownpetsp5.jpg

And now ...

Episode 8 - Villains

Airs Monday November 10th

Last Episode Recap:

You think I can remember that far back?!

Oooh Kristen Bell was in it, yay <3

Elle and Claire teamed up to take on Pinehearst. Elle > Claire.

Mohinder was just really annoying, and freaky, and jumpy. Nothing new there.

Maya got fixed. Hallelujah. Should've removed her voice box to stop her saying Alejandroooo.

Actually no, Mohinder should've just killed her. I told you he was annoying. Idiot.

Sylar was a good boy. Then a bad boy. Or was he? You love him either way.

Arthur is awesome. I wanna meet Arthur. Granted, he did a bad thing (Anders <3) but still..

Daphne has a good but bad but good but bad thing going on too. My brain can't cope.

At least turtle doesn't let us down. He's straight with us. He's just shelly.

Poor Daddy Parkman. He died so turtle can live. Aww. We should thank him this weekend.

Peter was in it. Though Sylar should've thrown him down as hard as possible and KILLED HIM.

Never accept an invite to Usutu's house for dinner. His cooking is BAD.

Awwwww Gabriel was so tragic, trying to kill himself out of guilt. Was he wearing his special watchmaking glasses when he was fashioning his rope? If so, he's dedicated in everything he does. :D

I thought what happened in the past would have me hating Elle [which I didn't want cause she's my fav female character] but her caring for him and wanting to help him and the fact that she only did it in the end cause she didn't want to be turned out onto the street made me not be so mad at her. Plus the fact that she changed her mind when he started to want the ability, though it was a little too late. I thought it so sweet that he let her go when he saw that she had an ability and it looked like he was fighting his hunger for her ability.

It does seem that Gabriel does throw all his affection at anyone who shows him a bit of kindness, I just want to hug him.

I'm mad at HRG though, he's all willing to follow all of The Company's evil doing's except when it comes to the undeserving Claire.

I like that Meredith is so loyal to her brother, even getting captured so he could get away and giving up her chance to work for The Company [which she seemed to enjoy]. But I don't think he's as loyal, seeing as he kept leaving her behind. I always saw him as skeevy, especially how he was acting towards that woman in the bank. And I kept expecting Thompson to be smarmy with her like he was with everyone else, but he actually wasn't.

Arthur is cold, now with his story about Angela trying to drown Sylar I'm willing to believe it's possible she did that. But with how indifferent he was to killing Nathan [acting as if giving him a second chance was a second thought], I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one to try and drown him after Angela had a dream about Sylar killing Arthur. Arthur seems the colder of the 2 parents.

And the poor precog's head completely removed, if I were squeamish about blood and everything that would seriously put me off my food. :D

:chair: HIRO! Hope he quickly blinks :chair:

Poor Mr. African Isaac.

Arthur really is a nasty nasty man :chair:

No Mr. Turtle this time :chair:

Oh and Meredith can do more than just setting her hand on fire :chair:

I really liked that episode :chair:

Edited by Christoff

I wish hiro died instead of getting his mind wiped like he childish enough. Meridith rocked man and yay that its not just light her hands her and flint rocked together. Elle was amazing and her sylar are good/cute together. HRG is a sick twisted man but hes still wicked. Angela/Christine rocked as usual. Papa P is a wicked character and has done some good things (Maya, peter and Hiro). Loved that it mingled so well with the pilot. It was awesome and if anyone says heroes isn't on its game there crazy.

There are a few continuity/timeline queries with the episode, but hopefully when I've thought about them enough there will be explanations that mean they're not errors. Besides, I loved the episode so much I'm willing to ignore them. =P

One such query I have is: where did Sylar killing Chandra fit into this? Was it just that he wasn't under surveillance when he did it? Or did it happen after, as we know Chandra was aware Sylar was up to no good?

Edited by Lenatalia

• Moderators

I decided not to ask myself (or anyone else) any questions about this episode.

It worked awesomely on a superficial level, and it seemed very clever. I'm not entirely convinced it'd hold up to close inspection, but I'm not that obsessed to even care to work it all out.

I don't know anymore. Reading another forum, I'm actually wondering if there are any (minus a couple) inconsistencies now. Gah. I just need to watch it again... and then season 1 again. =P

I probably need to concentrate more on this, but this thread seems to offer thoughts for there not being any timeline issues: http://www.got-heroes.com/wrong-time-line-...-so-t13631.html

i loved that episode, lots of little details went in to it did you guys spot the burnt toast dinner poster on the bridge behind hrg and meradith?

i don't care if there is no consistancy and it messes up the timeline...it was awsome!

whats not to love angela, sylar elle gabriel! i love that dinamic of it all. nice little back story there i like it.

pore african issac!

and if arthur has touched hiro does hiro now have no powers? are him and ando stuck in africa!( thats no good james needs to be here in two days lol )

I LOVE GABRIEL! i'm loving the greys and sons shop i loved that set anyway nice to see it back

and i love christne rose even more i'm so happy her and joslyn are getting much more use this season.

also the line about god giving you big sisters cause he didn't give you a brain...thats getting used :smile::P so so true!

cant wait to discusss this on friday!

I'm partway watching again and HRG said to Elle (after she says she doesn't think Sylar will kill again): "Will we witness the act or will he do it in a dark alley somewhere?". Sounds like a Chandra reference to me. =D

Oh well, 21 minutes in and no inconsistencies so far, as far as I can tell. Love this episode.

Edited by Lenatalia

and if arthur has touched hiro does hiro now have no powers? are him and ando stuck in africa!( thats no good james needs to be here in two days lol )

He might not have been stealing his power, after all he does (or should) already have it when he took the powers from Peter, though he might want to take it so he can't cause any trouble for him, but I suppose there's other powers he could've possibly been using on him? A few posts ago Selby mentioned Hiro getting his mind wiped, I suppose that's a possibility too, but did Arthur need to hold him for that? Anyway, maybe Hiro can blink and freeze time or teleport/time travel before Arthur can finish doing whatever it is he's doing to him.

Yeah, the Patrelli started 18 months ago, then got to 1 year ago and eventually got in line with the pilot. Yesterday morning there were so many threads shouting about massive amounts of plotholes, but watching the second time you can concentrate more on finding them, and I found none.

Also, the Patrelli family tree is pretty big! Now Flint has to go on there as Claire's uncle!

I loved the ep so much. I just watched it and didn't think about timelines though. It just amused me the way everything layered on top of stuff we knew about.

I think Sylar/Elle was really cute even though Elle bugged the hell out of me in season 2.

The end was interesting and I guess deep down I assumed that Hiro would end up the same way as African Isaac what with the head holding.

Mrs. P rocked but I like how she was so anti Mr. P and yet slowly turns into him sort of.

I want the next ep now please! ^_^

I loved the ep so much. I just watched it and didn't think about timelines though. It just amused me the way everything layered on top of stuff we knew about.

I think Sylar/Elle was really cute even though Elle bugged the hell out of me in season 2.

The end was interesting and I guess deep down I assumed that Hiro would end up the same way as African Isaac what with the head holding.

Mrs. P rocked but I like how she was so anti Mr. P and yet slowly turns into him sort of.

I want the next ep now please! :P

boo at your face for not like Elle she's FREAKING awesome only good thing about season 2 (for me). I say Hiro got his mind wiped cas of what Arthur said and if he was taking his powers away he still could tell people about what he saw but I rather arthur killed him make me very happy ^_^.

You know things are going badly when the writers literally decide to relive the first series, hoping to somehow capture what made it good in the first place. While some of it was to be commended, some of it was equally laughable and horrid. Ultimately the episode felt more like a desperate plea to get/keep viewers, which is a bit sad.

I want the next ep now please! :WAVE:

boo at your face for not like Elle she's FREAKING awesome only good thing about season 2 (for me). I say Hiro got his mind wiped cas of what Arthur said and if he was taking his powers away he still could tell people about what he saw but I rather arthur killed him make me very happy :(.

Elle is awesome, but so was David Anders, it's just his character wasn't written as well as it could have been.

Anders is awesome, so just cause his character has been killed off, never forget it!

Forget the sarmy, join Anders Army (if there is such a thing!). :D