Collectormania 16

qeSan

Seconded.

There is more to horror than moody vampires hanging round high schools moping about after teenage girlies.

Lets have some real horror guests.Ive given up on asking for a horror con as ive been told it wont be worth it financially but is it any more a gamble than having a show based on a series that isnt even on tv in this country e.g True Blood?,a show that 50% of its audience has stopped watching (Heroes) or a show that is no longer with us - Red Dwarf,Buffy,Stargate?

As we are seeing with tv shows being cancelled and people moving onto the next big thing after 2 seasons wouldnt a con featuring a genre with a loyal fan base be a safer bet.There is an audience for a horror con.It covers so much scope too does the genre.

As for it being expensive to fly horror guests over im sure you could fly over a couple of winners and fill the other seats with uk based stars brit or otherwise.

I can see why LFCC is being turned into a mini Twilight con but it wont be around forever.Strike while the irons hot and all that but i think itll be more damaging to the con scene than good.Your here to make money so it makes sense to have guests from the movie but the 26000+ messages all posted by girlies in the Twilight thread speaks volumes.Its a fad and when Twilight fizzles out the horror fans will still be here.

Give us something.

I have to say you have me confused, as I dont see many Twilight guests going at the mo and even if more do get announced , just what is the difference between that and when a few from other film/shows go at same time ??

Not a twilight fan myself but I certainly dont see any difference of fans wanting more than 1 from their fav show or film to be there to make it worth their travel.

I am sure you wouldnt mind a few horror guests turning up all from the same horror film or show if SM could get them.

I say get whoever it takes to get the crowds in as thats what keeps the shows going in the future.

Seconded.

There is more to horror than moody vampires hanging round high schools moping about after teenage girlies.

Lets have some real horror guests.Ive given up on asking for a horror con as ive been told it wont be worth it financially but is it any more a gamble than having a show based on a series that isnt even on tv in this country e.g True Blood?,a show that 50% of its audience has stopped watching (Heroes) or a show that is no longer with us - Red Dwarf,Buffy,Stargate?

As we are seeing with tv shows being cancelled and people moving onto the next big thing after 2 seasons wouldnt a con featuring a genre with a loyal fan base be a safer bet.There is an audience for a horror con.It covers so much scope too does the genre.

As for it being expensive to fly horror guests over im sure you could fly over a couple of winners and fill the other seats with uk based stars brit or otherwise.

I can see why LFCC is being turned into a mini Twilight con but it wont be around forever.Strike while the irons hot and all that but i think itll be more damaging to the con scene than good.Your here to make money so it makes sense to have guests from the movie but the 26000+ messages all posted by girlies in the Twilight thread speaks volumes.Its a fad and when Twilight fizzles out the horror fans will still be here.

Give us something.

I have to say you have me confused, as I dont see many Twilight guests going at the mo and even if more do get announced , just what is the difference between that and when a few from other film/shows go at same time ??

Not a twilight fan myself but I certainly dont see any difference of fans wanting more than 1 from their fav show or film to be there to make it worth their travel.

I am sure you wouldnt mind a few horror guests turning up all from the same horror film or show if SM could get them.

I say get whoever it takes to get the crowds in as thats what keeps the shows going in the future.

Look all we are saying is just please give us some guests for horror fans for once as we do like to mingle with other fans of films and TV shows it be easy as that it dosent have to be loads i could be 9 or ten as the majority of the show gets other stars. Dont get me wrong and dont you guys dare say that we are Anti Twilight cos we are not we accept guests that go to these cons and we buy their autographs it just be nice if some people could accept what we like and go along with it to for once we are only asking once a year why its not like we are asking for every show just the collctormanias of LFCC.

Maybe its the "an audience with the stars of Twilight" thread as opposed to the regular guest talks that we usually get.

Its seems to be getting somewhat special treatment but thats where the money is at the moment so fair enough.

Dunno if the sucess of Twilight will be good for the con circuit as it will have a very short lifespan given the nature of its fan base but im sure something else will turn up.Weve been here before with Heroes and look what happened there.Theres always something new on the horizon when it comes to Sci fi/fantasy.

Its just a shame nowadays they have such a short shelf life.

Edited by Phantom

Wasn't one of the other autumn Collectormanias horror themed? Maybe C12?:headscratch:

Come on mate it wasnt really a horror con was it now. Thats why for once we are asking for for a good one thats all.

No idea - didn't go as I'm not interested in 'themes', they never seem to please people. I go if there are a couple of guests I'm interested in regardless of genre, I just knew I'd seen an announcement of a horror/halloween theme for one of the MK ones before.

Maybe its the "an audience with the stars of Twilight" thread as opposed to the regular guest talks the other guest will get.

Its seems to be getting somewhat special treatment but thats where the money is at the moment so fair enough.

Dunno if the sucess of Twilight will be good for the con circuit as it will have a very short lifespan given the nature of its fan base.

I know there is a huge audience of Twilight fans that is why showmasters have an con just for that so if they were hardcore fans they would pay and goto that i just dont understand why they have to be every where as i did enjoy the film and looking forward to meet the guests at LFCC i would still like to se a little change to the guest bill thats all and horror fans do bring in the queens head as some autographs are very rare to get hold of other here, and its just that little bit special to meet the star instead of just buying an autograph of a dealer that he/she could of forged in the garage.

Wasn't one of the other autumn Collectormanias horror themed? Maybe C12?:headscratch:

Come on mate it wasnt really a horror con was it now. Thats why for once we are asking for for a good one thats all.

No idea - didn't go as I'm not interested in 'themes', they never seem to please people. I go if there are a couple of guests I'm interested in regardless of genre, I just knew I'd seen an announcement of a horror/halloween theme for one of the MK ones before.

Yeah i understand that two mate that i go for just guests i like to meet but i wouldnt mind if they invite just 8 horror guests atleast its aomeone that i really like to meet you know. Dont get me wrong meeting Christopher Lloyd, Indiana Jones Guests, Star Wars guests even Deep Roy and Jason Mewes was a blast for me loved it and i do hope they get Christopher back again some day. We as horror fans just want some guests thats all not a big con even askinbg for Tyler Mane we dont get and he isnt really a horror guests he is more known in X Men.

• Moderators

I admire your passion for the horror genre, and perhaps if more people were on here supporting the cause, and going to the shows and meeting people like Danny Trejo etc, then THAT would convince Showmasters to do more. Get the word out, get proper support etc ..

One or two people suggesting it's a great idea isn't going to help in the long run. There needs to be FAR more support.

Say what you will about the longevity of Twilight, but they're vocal in their numbers, and they speak with their wallets just as much as they do words. So Showmasters are able to justify putting time and effort into it.

And just to say I would go to a horror con myself, so I'm not shooting it down as something I'm not interested in. It's just I understand why they won't committ to it on a HUGE level.

Yeah as i know i have been asking for Trejo for some time and it finally happened i was greatful but thats only one guest compared to the others that are all the same as i cant wait to meet Trejo like him so much. Just wish for a little more like Derek Meyers for example or Tobin Bell and Tyler Mane thats cool for me intill next year. Where hopefully Showmasters can relise that there is a big fan base you just have to take a risk in this world to achieve someting great like most shows in the USA do. Because beleive me i know peopel on here say that America just loves Horror sadly thats not the case there are SCI-FI guests they love and TV Show and other movie stars they love. Yes they do cheer for any star but if we could be like that then maybe we will get better stars wanting to come to the UK and all the major horror stars as well and accept them. The stars would feel honoured to be here for the fans.

I admire your passion for the horror genre, and perhaps if more people were on here supporting the cause, and going to the shows and meeting people like Danny Trejo etc, then THAT would convince Showmasters to do more. Get the word out, get proper support etc ..

One or two people suggesting it's a great idea isn't going to help in the long run. There needs to be FAR more support.

Say what you will about the longevity of Twilight, but they're vocal in their numbers, and they speak with their wallets just as much as they do words. So Showmasters are able to justify putting time and effort into it.

And just to say I would go to a horror con myself, so I'm not shooting it down as something I'm not interested in. It's just I understand why they won't committ to it on a HUGE level.

Yeah it doesnt have to be just a con, it can be split 30 guests half SCI-FI/ TV other movies and the other half 15 horror guests or even 12 guests more than just one or two. Thats all im asking for hopefully Showmasters maydo a con but i dont see it as much as i like they would. Its easy as this have that idea i have said and have once a year at one of the Collectormanias maybe October or Later or the LFCC.