1st Guest Announcement Sonny Landham

showmasters

awsome and nicky, who did he play in the warriors....*MUST REWATCH*

He played a cop.

According to someone on imdb, when Swan runs into Mercy at 96th St. station and she shows him where to catch the train to Union Sq. They go down to the platform, they spot the big cop walking along the platform. They run. The cop yells, "Hey!", and goes after them. Swan throws the bat at his shins. That's the cop Sonny plays.

I believe Jesse Ventura does the odd event / signing in the states as well ...

Richard Chaves (Poncho) has done a few cons in the US too.

Edited by nicky

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awsome and nicky, who did he play in the warriors....*MUST REWATCH*

He played a cop.

According to someone on imdb, when Swan runs into Mercy at 96th St. station and she shows him where to catch the train to Union Sq. They go down to the platform, they spot the big cop walking along the platform. They run. The cop yells, "Hey!", and goes after them. Swan throws the bat at his shins. That's the cop Sonny plays.

thanks for that nicky, ill check that out. altho if he was only a cop in warriors it might be harder to get a decent pic of him to sign, so might beb etter goin for a predator shot.

I am not a racist.

Waaaa.....????

Who said you were??????

I thought that's what you meant when you posted a picture of Bill Duke from Predator.

I've got to double check and find out if Predator is uncut on DVD. I remember a couple of years ago it was released again on R1 or R2 and the wrong version was put on the DVD.

Now this is going to sound like I love gory stuff in movies but they never showed what happened to Sonny Landham's character. The Predator killed him. Actually that does sound like I love gory stuff in movies. They showed what happened to the other people in Arnie's group but not Sonny Landham's character.

Edited by SunSpeed

I thought that's what you meant when you posted a picture of Bill Duke from Predator.

they never showed what happened to Sonny Landham's character. The Predator killed him. They showed what happened to the other people in Arnie's group but not Sonny Landham's character.

Mike posted a pic of Billy Duke to clarify what Bill looked like cos you mentioned that you got him mixed up with Sonny. Thought that was very obvious I thought.

And you need to watch the film again - Billy's corpse is quite clearly seen having it's spinal column and skull ripped out:

pbluray534.jpg

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/displayim...=36&pos=533

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/displayim...=36&pos=534

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/displayim...=36&pos=535

Edited by nicky

Mike posted a pic of Billy Duke to clarify what Bill looked like cos you mentioned that you got him mixed up with Sonny. Thought that was very obvious I thought.

And you need to watch the film again - Billy's corpse is quite clearly seen having it's spinal column and skull ripped out:

I could remember both of their faces but when seeing the name "Bill Duke" I was thinking of the actor whose name is Sonny Landham.

Well every time I've seen that scene in Predator (each time ITV (and now ITV1) has shown the film) it must have been cut.

Another 80's action movie Sonny Landham has been in is Action Jackson. The star of that film was his Predator co-star Carl Weathers.

Another 80's action movie Sonny Landham has been in is Action Jackson. The star of that film was his Predator co-star Carl Weathers.

Bill Duke was in Action Jackson too. Sonny and Carl Weathers have been in three films in total.

AMAZING!!! I need to get him to sign my cast signed Predator 1,2,AVP combi poster!!!!!

This is definitley the most excited I've been over a guest since the Lost Boys renuion back in '06!!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE try and get Shane Black!!! I know he was down to do a show in Texas but it got jacked up on dates, so he is willing to do cons! not to mention he wrote some other awesome movies like Leathal Weapon, The Monster Squad and The Last Boy Scout if I remember rightly and he is supposedly writing Leathal Weapon 5 now..... MORE PREDATOR GUESTS!!!! PLEEEEEEEASE!!! I am hardcore Predator!!!

Bill Duke was in Action Jackson too. Sonny and Carl Weathers have been in three films in total.

Another 80's actor who also appeared in Action Jackson (but not in Predator) was Craig T. Nelson.

When Action Jackson came out to rent on video in the late 80's I always thought the front cover reminded me of the the VHS cover for A View to a Kill, the one with Roger Moore and Grace Jones standing with their backs to one another.

Edited by SunSpeed

Predator always gets cut to ribbons on ITV man, they don't usually even show Dillon's arm on the floor still shooting....

I love Sonny in Lock Up! that was an awesome movie!!! can't be bad having the fact that you worked with the 2 biggest action movie stars ever on your resume.....can't wait for this :) I really really hope he doesn't cancell

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hopefully the new Hot Toys 'Billy' figure will be out by the con and I'll get him to sign the base.

Didnt you say a while back that you didnt "get" the whole Alien/Predator thing and the level of mania went over your head yet you're planning on buying a $150 human character from the film?

I dont think we'll see them till about May or at least Q2, HT never release them that fast. I don't think Sonny would sign it anyway, HT didnt get the license for his likeness like the Dutch figure and Sonny previously filed claims against the company that made the Micro Machines Predator figs. He lost. It would seem he's not happy about figs being made unless he gets a cut. He might sign it but not be happy about doing so just like Micheal Biehn was about his Hicks fig.

Edited by nicky

I don't think Sonny would sign it (the toy) anyway, HT didnt get the license for his likeness like the Dutch figure and Sonny previously filed claims against the company that made the Micro Machines Predator figs. He lost. It would seem he's not happy about figs being made unless he gets a cut. He might sign it but not be happy about doing so just like Micheal Biehn was about his Hicks fig.

Al Matthews told me at CM he tried to stop HT making his Sgt Apone fig from Aliens too. Unless the finished fig actually looks like the actors though, they don't have a good case in court.

Nevertheless, it will be mine! Oh yes! Looking fwd to re-painting his head to make him more screen accurate too.

410DSC_4864_302x439.jpg410DSC_4919_302x439.jpg

Edited by nicky

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm still looking for a Predator one sheet poster if anyone can help? I left it too late too order from the US and was hoping to get one cheap before I go to moviemarkets.

For those still looking for a group poster/print of the Predator cast go here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001IWP...135&sr=1-59 It comes in variable sizes and is UK based for speedy shipping.

51pUBpoEYlL._SS500_.jpg

Edited by nicky