A British winner

zebredy

Words can't sum up how amazing that last lap was!

I kinda wish he hadn't won, god would have hated to be Felipe Massa, I mean did you see his dad, when he thought his son had won, only to find out minutes if not seconds later he hadn't.

Would have loved to see what Lewis's dad was like, god thinking your son is gona win, then find out he's been over taken laps before the finish thinking he might have thrown it away again, to then see him over take the car in front and win the title.

It definatly finished on a high for ITV, just glad my other half won't be complaining about missing 2 laps due to adverts any more. Lets hope the BBC get some good comentators and keep it, so it can be ad free for years to come.

Ooh and looking foward to seeing how some of the new rules are going to affect the game next year.

:(

LLAP :P

OMG! I got so worked up, I think I hyperventilated my way through that last lap. I was prepared to hate Vettel for the rest of his career, lol.

That said, it was thrilling. Definitely a - possibly THE - championship decider we'll look back on in decades to come. It just wasn't an easy ride to watch.

If you'd written it as a book or screenplay, people would say it was to far-fetched. Ballsy call by the team to reckon Hamilton would pass Glock before the finish; could have been agricultural quantities of egg on face if he hadn't. Great race, great championship, well done Lewis.

worst race ever. what a fix. not happy. Now all it will be is hamilton this hamilton that. Sports personality of the year and so on. Am a Kimi fan so wanted massa. But my got what a fix. Hamilton was good last year for the first few races but then he got full of it. Anyways i will say well done to the fluk he pulled off.

Big shout out for my fello Scot DC (What a shame first corner again)

I think most of your post is a load of baseless sour grapes (if the championship was such a fix, Hamilton wouldn't have been on the wrong end of a couple of harsh marshalling decisions this season), but I will agree it was a very sad way for DC's career to end. Mind you, he had a sense of humour about it; I heard an interviewer commiserating with him about being taken out by both the Williams' cars "and there was nothing you could do about it." "Well, apart from qualify further up the grid to get away from them," he replied, which I thought was a great retort. I suspect he may a a career as a summariser ahead of him; whatever, I wish him well.

worst race ever. what a fix. not happy. Now all it will be is hamilton this hamilton that. Sports personality of the year and so on. Am a Kimi fan so wanted massa. But my got what a fix. Hamilton was good last year for the first few races but then he got full of it. Anyways i will say well done to the fluk he pulled off.

Big shout out for my fello Scot DC (What a shame first corner again)

What utter rubbish! Fix? If things were fair Lewis would've been champion before he even got to Brazil. The fact that he had to fight for it to the last point in Brazil is what means he won against all odds. Exactly what do you think is a fix? Or are you just shouting fix because you don't like him and therefore if you don't like him he couldn't possibly be talented?

Just dont really like him. Didnt mind up until he crashed into the back of kimi at that pit stop incadent a few month back. But ok fair play to him.

I've seen a few people (on this forum and others) say how that incident put them of Hamilton but I don't get why, he made a mistake, sure it was a bit of a stupid one but it was still just one mistake.

Edited by Lambourne

If there was any fix in F1 this season, it wasn't benefitting Hamilton or McLaren !

I counted no less than 6 occasions this year that Massa and Ferrari got away with risky and uneccessary tactics, that would and SHOULD have resulted in disqualification or at the very least stop and go penalties. Dangerous release into path of another car in Pitlane (the 1st time mid season), Overtaking using the pit exit lane to mention a few. The Stewards were so biased it was unbelievable. All to benefit Ferrari only !! Well sorry Mr di Montezemolo, backfired at last minute for you.. or should I say last corner !!!! Well done Lewis, you thoroughly deserve that Championship. :D

Just dont really like him. Didnt mind up until he crashed into the back of kimi at that pit stop incadent a few month back. But ok fair play to him.

Kimi Raikkonen has also demonstrated a total inability to apply his brakes when another car is in front of him, so I wouldn't feel too sorry for him :unsure:

Edited by Psychosis

Congratulations on conveniently driving wide on the last corner Mr Glock. :P

This result is great for British sport, but Lewis Hamilton this season has either turned a tad cocky compared to last season as regards a number of his comments; or he has been badly advised.

Either way, McLaren were in for a hard season due to last season's Ferrarigate Scandal, but Hamilton's driving was a little better than Massa's as per the points scored..all I can say is that I am glad for British sport but I wish Hamilton hadn't allowed himself to get caught up in the verbal politics.

Glock didn't go wide, he just didn't have the grip to make it up the hill at any speed or precision because he didn't change tyres. If he had changed tyres like the rest of them he wouldn't have been in front to begin with.

Edited by Psychosis

This whole conspiracy of Glock letting Hamilton through is a non starter. As Psychosis has pointed out, had Glock gone in for wet tyres like Hamilton did, Hamilton would have been in front of him anyway. Glock simply did not have the grip Hamilton did so had to drive slower to keep the car on the track. It was a tactical mistake on Glocks part, nothing more

Congratulations on conveniently driving wide on the last corner Mr Glock. ;)

Notice the ;) and rather large dose of sarcasm that I typed it with!!!

If you noticed the rest of my post you will see that I think it is great for British sport, but my downside was the fact that I personally feel Lewis has either been badly advised about what he says to reporters etc, or he has just gotten a tad cocky.