All the stupid questions about the Con

Will we be allowed to take cameras to the signing? Because I only have a standard ticket, and I'm thinking it would be easier to get my friend to take a picture of the guests and I while they are signing (instead of buying a photoshoot ticket).

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

Will we be allowed to take cameras to the signing? Because I only have a standard ticket, and I'm thinking it would be easier to get my friend to take a picture of the guests and I while they are signing (instead of buying a photoshoot ticket).

Sorry but we usually do not allow cameras in the signing sessions.

We have at very quiet events with 200 attendees or below.

But as this one is very likely to sell out (800 attendees), we will be stopping camera use in the signing session.

Edited by Too Tall

• Moderators

No not at all :D

It's just that it'd be uncomfortable for the guests to have to sit through flashes the whole time. Photos taken without flash usually aren't as good, but they can be edited when you get home or whatever. Better than nothing ;)

• Moderators

Depends what you mean.

Check in desk can have a line if there's a lot of people doing it at once. Same for the registration desk for picking up your pass.

Other than that, there's just a lot of people floating around the hotel. The main line waiting will be when you're getting autographs and the photo shoots.

I'm not sure if this has been asked before but I have the Silver ticket. I saw that the photo sessions are included in that, but do I still have to book the sessions or are they automatically booked with the ticket?

Not sure that made entire sense :)

I'm not sure if this has been asked before but I have the Silver ticket. I saw that the photo sessions are included in that, but do I still have to book the sessions or are they automatically booked with the ticket?

Not sure that made entire sense :)

They are automatically booked. You'll be getting a sheet with one box each per photo session, and once you go through the boxes are being marked off.

What 'rebecca-is-cullen-addict' has said is and isn't true.

For autographs and photo shoots we split everyone into groups of 30. So if you got say Standard 100 and your friend booked a month later and got Standard 150, you would not be in the same groups when being called for Autographs and photos.

Also we let people enter the hall in ticket order number in groups of 30. So we start by calling Gold 1-30 then Gold 31-60, then Silver 1-30 and on and then Standard 1-30 and so on. In this case though you could happily wait until your friend is called and go in together. But you'd have to wait for the higher ticket number to be called.

I understand this doesn't effect you anymore and as you have booked together but I didn't want someone else reading this and thinking it was fine to book seprately when really it is best to book together.

PS If you should find you are lets say S30 and S31 and so booked together but will be in different groups please just let us know and we'll sort it so you're in the same group.

Hi. I hope to explain me well... i have a question about photo shots and autographs. It's our firs con, and we don't know about order to enter the hall. We have all gold pass.

unfortunately we didn't know that we had to book tickets all together and four have one reservation and the other two have tickets separatly. now I have read that the order to enter would be separate and that is

uncomfortable because the language. Not all talk english very well ^^u

But the really problem is the order, because, by problems with our jobs and studies we have to return to Spain the same Sunday via Gatwick (long travel from Northampton >_<) and we are worries if we can't make the photo shots and autographs the saturday and the sunday we have to run at the airport and we can't to make them.

Sorry by the troubles U_U

Hi. I hope to explain me well... i have a question about photo shots and autographs. It's our firs con, and we don't know about order to enter the hall. We have all gold pass.

unfortunately we didn't know that we had to book tickets all together and four have one reservation and the other two have tickets separatly. now I have read that the order to enter would be separate and that is

But the really problem is the order, because, by problems with our jobs and studies we have to return to Spain the same Sunday via Gatwick (long travel from Northampton >_<) and we are worries if we can't make the photo shots and autographs the saturday and the sunday we have to run at the airport and we can't to make them.

As it has been said above: you can wait until your friends' ticket numbers are called, and then all go in the main hall together. :YAHOO:

The best thing you can do about the photos and autographs is to let the crew know when you get there. They will do their best to help you out and get you through for everything. But of course this can't be guaranteed.

• Showmasters Admin

Main hall for talks - As QS has said this is not an issue. You do not HAVE TO enter the hall when your number is called. You can wait for your friends number to be called and then all come in together.

Photo shoots - As gold pass holders you will be called first and so are very likely to get all of your photos on Saturday morning.

Autographs - They are normally all done Saturday and Sunday morning. So as long as you do not have to leave before 1pm on Sunday you will get all of your autographs.

If your 2 friends that ordered seperately end up in a different group to you then please come and see me and we'll see what we can do. I understand that you being apart when some of you don't speak English too well will be an issue for you. Just ask any crew member to talk to Too Tall. They'll point you to me :YAHOO:

• Showmasters Admin

Thanks for answering the question. Hope i'm not being too annoying, i've never been to a con before :)

By the way, should the tickets have arrived by now? or are they printed out from the internet?

No it's fine. We all remember what is was like our first time and everything is new.

No tickets have gone out yet. You will get a letter about 2 weeks before the event with your registation number etc on it. It is this letter that you bring (with photo id) to the registation desk at the event. You will then be given you reg pack which will have all you tickets etc in it.

• Showmasters Admin

Do we dress up and then come to the event or just for the actual party?

Some poeple do come to the event it's self in costume but most people leave it for the parties. There are no rules either way.

If you turn up during the day in costume, we'll be happy.

If you turn up during the day in jean and a t-shirts, we'll still happy.

If you turn up to the party in custome, we'll be happy.

If you turn up to the party in jeans and a t-shirt, we'll still happy.

Are you getting the point :YAHOO:

No it's fine. We all remember what is was like our first time and everything is new.

No tickets have gone out yet. You will get a letter about 2 weeks before the event with your registation number etc on it. It is this letter that you bring (with photo id) to the registation desk at the event. You will then be given you reg pack which will have all you tickets etc in it.

Photo ID? :WINCE:

Like.. a passport?

''Cause I'm not sure if my parents will exactly trust me to take my passport :YAHOO:

Yeah, luckily I'll have my driving license (provisional or not) on hand xD because I would be very paranoid about losing my passport.

It'll be a good few years before I get my license :YAHOO: So all I've got is a passport.

Though I dunno if my school card or my Junior Gunners ID card would work :WINCE: