Where is everyone staying?

MojoeDark

Just thought i would ask as phoned to book a room at the park inn and they had rooms left to my suprise. I thought since that all gold passes were sold out i better get a move on but the hotel only has a 100 rooms so where are you ll staying?

Just thought i would ask as phoned to book a room at the park inn and they had rooms left to my suprise. I thought since that all gold passes were sold out i better get a move on but the hotel only has a 100 rooms so where are you ll staying?

The Park Inn, didn't fancy walking from anywhere else in full make up. :P

park inn...you would not believe the amount of stuff i took with me last time ;)

and i like being able to drop stuff off once it's been signed so it doesn't get ruined. i'm a bit of a clumsy mare, so anything that helps me out in that area is much appreciated :P:D

thats so bizarre...I phoned a few days ago and they had no rooms left and then after reading this I gave it another go and still none left...they must like you... :crying:

booked a room at the swan hotel which is opposite the park inn on the other side of the river...bout 2 mins walk at most!

First time poster. (Hi!) When I talked to the Park Inn last week they only had single rooms, so I grabbed one. When I first called the toll free number though (I'm in the US), they didn't have any rooms and I had to email the hotel directly.

I'm really excited for this con!

I like your user name, nakedwesley. :crying:

Welcome to the madhouse! :crying:

That was the same info I got last week, they had single rooms left and some business rooms. Probably the business rooms are gone meanwhile, too.

Make sure to contact the hotel directly and not call central reservations.

Will i booked the room yestarday like i said, a twin, phoned the hotel themself they said the only had rooms at £70 per night which if fine. Now i just got an email comferming my booking for the 2 nights and its only £62 inc Breakfast. Also ment to add when your name is Andrew Murray (like the tennis player) it may help as the women on the phone asked me if i was him, i said i could be if the room is cheaper. So happy days.

Edited by mojoe

When i rang the Park Inn i was able to put my name down on a waiting list just incase a room does become available, although i doubt that's going to happen.

Hm, have you got a link to the swan? It looks awfully expensive - at least the swan hotel I found :P

I had a look for it and the one i found (which is the one across the river from the Park Inn) is doing rooms for like £120 a night! *goes off looking for another hotel*

When i rang the Park Inn i was able to put my name down on a waiting list just incase a room does become available, although i doubt that's going to happen.

Hm, have you got a link to the swan? It looks awfully expensive - at least the swan hotel I found :crying:

I had a look for it and the one i found (which is the one across the river from the Park Inn) is doing rooms for like £120 a night! *goes off looking for another hotel*

I went through booking.com - yes it is more expensive than the park inn - about £78/night for a twin which isn't too bad when sharing and 2 mins walk from convention. As a quick edit...I have just looked at booking.com and they have obviously sold a lot of rooms in the past few days and only have the expensive ones left! Sorry!

There is a pub hotel a little further down called the embankment...can be noisy just coz its a pub! Shakespeare hotel is fine about 15 min walk or £5 taxi ride - does have free parking there...or 5 mins walk to station if that's any help!

Anyway - always found booking.com to be great - they give you a whole range of hotels - late rooms is good for that too. And I wouldn't pay extra for breakfast - the park inn is just on the doorstep of the town...easy to get cheaper food there!!

PS used to live in Bedford...can you tell!?!

Edited by trick of the tail

I like your user name, nakedwesley. ;)

Welcome to the madhouse! ;)

Thanks! The name's from back in the Buffy/Angelverse days. Good to be here. Everyone seems very nice. :lol:

Course we are... lol :YAHOO:

Also nothing wrong with a bit of Buffy, (I'm reading series 8 at the mo! :P )

First time poster. (Hi!) When I talked to the Park Inn last week they only had single rooms, so I grabbed one. When I first called the toll free number though (I'm in the US), they didn't have any rooms and I had to email the hotel directly.

I'm really excited for this con!

Yay! :YAHOO: You got a room sorted out and e-mail worked with them. So pleased. Very odd about the room thing but I think I did say where we usually hang out that it might be quirky given past experience with that group elsewhere!

H

Hm, have you got a link to the swan? It looks awfully expensive - at least the swan hotel I found :o

I went through booking.com - yes it is more expensive than the park inn - about £78/night for a twin which isn't too bad when sharing and 2 mins walk from convention. As a quick edit...I have just looked at booking.com and they have obviously sold a lot of rooms in the past few days and only have the expensive ones left! Sorry!

There is a pub hotel a little further down called the embankment...can be noisy just coz its a pub! Shakespeare hotel is fine about 15 min walk or �5 taxi ride - does have free parking there...or 5 mins walk to station if that's any help!

Anyway - always found booking.com to be great - they give you a whole range of hotels - late rooms is good for that too. And I wouldn't pay extra for breakfast - the park inn is just on the doorstep of the town...easy to get cheaper food there!!

PS used to live in Bedford...can you tell!?!

Thanks for the info. I have booked in Friday and Saturday night at Shakespeare and Sunday at the Park Inn.

Also booked my Silver pass! :YAHOO:

Yay! :YAHOO: You got a room sorted out and e-mail worked with them. So pleased. Very odd about the room thing but I think I did say where we usually hang out that it might be quirky given past experience with that group elsewhere!

H

I was so relieved to work it out. They emailed me back quickly with no problem. (Thanks for the heads up who 'H' was. I would have wondered otherwise. :YAHOO: )

Ask ask the hotel reception the night before to order a cab for you for 4 AM.

We did this with the hotel in Northampton, no problem at all. Usually the hotels have contract with cab companies.

Thanks for the suggestion - will do :D