Not being held at the Park Inn?

Charisma

No idea... will see what SM have to say and try calling the hotel again tomorrow i guess.

I'm guessing the guy at the hotel got mixed info... i will re call them tomorrow and see what they say

Yes, I'm guessing the same thing...I think before moving the whole event to Bedford SM would have said something on this board...they know that we've all been booking rooms...it would just be bad if now we all had to cancel and book at another hotel...

I think we should all take it easy and wait for a message from SM. Until then, I can possibly calm you down with this from the Chevron 7.2 forum.

Hi everyone,

CHEVRON 7.2 now 20th - 22nd Feb 2009 @ the Park Inn BEDFORD!

We have been working on guests for Chevron 7.2 & because filming started on the Monday after the show, we were having difficulties getting the main guests we wanted. So we had to drop back the date a week so the guests are clear to attend Chevron 7.2. Because of this we have had to change hotel as well. We do hope you all understand it's for the best as now we can have a great line up. We are sorry and we wouldn't have done this unless it was the best for you, the fans.

You can find details on travel etc on the official Chevron 7.2 website CHEVRON 7.2

Showmasters

The quote is from Chevron 7.2 Forum

If I remember correctly Chevron was supposed to be at the Park Inn on the dates where ET now takes place, so I really doubt that ET would be moved.

I think the guy from the hotel might just be a very confused weekend shift person.

I think we should all take it easy and wait for a message from SM. Until then, I can possibly calm you down with this from the Chevron 7.2 forum.

Hi everyone,

CHEVRON 7.2 now 20th - 22nd Feb 2009 @ the Park Inn BEDFORD!

We have been working on guests for Chevron 7.2 & because filming started on the Monday after the show, we were having difficulties getting the main guests we wanted. So we had to drop back the date a week so the guests are clear to attend Chevron 7.2. Because of this we have had to change hotel as well. We do hope you all understand it's for the best as now we can have a great line up. We are sorry and we wouldn't have done this unless it was the best for you, the fans.

You can find details on travel etc on the official Chevron 7.2 website CHEVRON 7.2

Showmasters

The quote is from Chevron 7.2 Forum

If I remember correctly Chevron was supposed to be at the Park Inn on the dates where ET now takes place, so I really doubt that ET would be moved.

I think the guy from the hotel might just be a very confused weekend shift person.

Thanks a lot for that, Lotte. I think you're absolutely right...that person just mixed up the cons. Which is understandable with so many cons at the same place. :)

I'm a little worried now though.. because eventhough there's been no official announcement on the TW sequels.. the rumor is they will start filming early next year.. hopefully the organizers can confirm the guests soon.. or we may find ourselves in the same boat as Chevron fans! (I guess I'm just being paranoid.. I just want to know now!!.. sorry for the freaker-outer :YAHOO: )

• Moderators

I'm a little worried now though.. because eventhough there's been no official announcement on the TW sequels.. the rumor is they will start filming early next year.. hopefully the organizers can confirm the guests soon.. or we may find ourselves in the same boat as Chevron fans! (I guess I'm just being paranoid.. I just want to know now!!.. sorry for the freaker-outer :YAHOO: )

I guess the main problem with that is that even if they are confirmed now it doesn't mean they can't cancel later on due to schedule changes etc. So there's always going to be a chance, whether they're announced now or later.

Not to worry you or anything, just being realistic :smile:

• Moderators

I remember when I booked the hotel for Eclipse and Lockdown, the person I talked to didn't know the difference between the two cons, and I had to explain what was when .. so it certainly wouldn't be the first time a Park Inn employee is misinformed.

I guess the main problem with that is that even if they are confirmed now it doesn't mean they can't cancel later on due to schedule changes etc. So there's always going to be a chance, whether they're announced now or later.

Not to worry you or anything, just being realistic :smile:

ok.. back to freaker outer mode.. breathe in.. breathe out! :o This is truly going to be a loong wait then.. but thanks for the reality check!

• Moderators

:YAHOO: you don't need to freak out, honestly it's something regular con-goers are used to unfortunately.

You've just gotta look on the bright side - you're guaranteed an awesome weekend, enjoying and celebrating a wonderful fandom, surrounded by likeminded people. And maybe (probably) a few awesome guests too :smile:

:D you don't need to freak out, honestly it's something regular con-goers are used to unfortunately.

You've just gotta look on the bright side - you're guaranteed an awesome weekend, enjoying and celebrating a wonderful fandom, surrounded by likeminded people. And maybe (probably) a few awesome guests too :D

Yeah.. I guess it gets easier the more cons you attend.. but this is my first.. however you are right I can't wait to meet all of you there.. :D

• Moderators

Positive is the way to go :D

I can honestly say that this con seems to have the most enthusiastic attendees I've seen on here in a long time, and I really believe that it's gonna be a fantastic weekend for everyone. You all seem to be coming up with some great ideas, and I think half the success of an event is down to how much attendees want to make of it.

I know other cons and events go well, but there's nothing quite like being involved in something like this when it's at or near the height of its popularity :D