TV Appearances, Magazine Interviews, Latest News

spikeguerajumper

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stephen King, famed horror author, made some pretty harsh comments last week about Twilight author Stephenie Meyer in an interview with USA Weekend. King made a comparison between Meyer and Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling, stating, "Both Rowling and Meyer, they're speaking directly to young people ... The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can't write worth a darn. She's not very good."

What do you think of Stephen King's comments? Who do you think is a better writer, Stephenie Meyer or J.K. Rowling?

Credit to the Seventeen.com website.

Although I can't comment on who's the better writer -Never read the Potter books and not a fan - I am a huge reader and have been from an early age. I was brought up with the likes of Stephen King and Dean Koontz and their imaginations. And although Stephen King wrote my favourite Novella -The Body - I have found him to be a waffler and he's never been able to keep me from skimming through parts of his book.

And yes they are both speaking directly to younger people but both have managed to hold the attention of a vast difference in age and gender.

Every writer is flawed in some way but to say Stephenie Meyer can't write worth a darn and compare her to someone who writes completely different types and styles of books is ridiculous. If Stephenie was really that bad then her books wouldn't sell in the mass proportion that they have and wouldn't keep people addictively wanting more.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Twilight-Directors...2826&sr=1-1

Available to pre-order, release date is 17th March. :P

Cheers for that I have no idea why my searching came up with nothing! Very happy now!

I am a fan of Harry Potter and do feel that JK Rowling's style of writting leads the reader into a whole new world, allowing myself to loose grip on the current one! However I as found when I was constantly reading till 5am every night, Stephanie Meyer does this just as well. The two stories however are very different and while Harry Potter creates excitment and mystery Twilight is of course a love story, as I am a girl, unfortunatly without her own love story I have decided to become obsessed with Bella's.

I have only read a few of Terry Pratchett books and agree with the poster above me, that there is a lot of waffle, and I am very impatient and so skip it all!

I do disagree that Meyer is a bad writter though, as I loved the books, have no trouble imaging everything and find many of her lines and prose amazing! Many argue that her characters are too perfect and too lovable, I mean what is wrong with that!! If you enjoy the story and find it keeps you attention then you should worry about anaylsing every little thing, you are meant to be reading for pleasure not as an English assignment!!

Anyway I might just be baised as I do love Twilight but this is generally what I say when someone disses the

books!!

There are lots of stories on Twilight fan sites that Rob, Kristen and Taylor are going to be in Japan on 27th Feb for a fan event. I will be sorely...annoyed if Taylor cancelled on us in favour of Japanese fans and not filming commitments!

There are lots of stories on Twilight fan sites that Rob, Kristen and Taylor are going to be in Japan on 27th Feb for a fan event. I will be sorely...annoyed if Taylor cancelled on us in favour of Japanese fans and not filming commitments!

I hadn't seen this, but if it is true, there are going to be about 800 peed off people at ET... ;):YAHOO::D

I hadn't seen this, but if it is true, there are going to be about 800 peed off people at ET... ;):YAHOO::D

Absolutely!

I mailed a friend who posts for one of these sites and she tells me that her friend translated for her and it does indeed say Taylor, Rob and Kristen are expected to be there, but there is nothing official and I can't find any announcments other than links back to this Japanese site!

Think it possibly is true, it has been posted on the RobPattzDaily on Twitter also... Along with pics of Rob at his friend Bobby Long's gig on Friday night.

Also rumours he will be at the Oscars next week, therefore guess he will be going back to LA soon and possibly be prepping for NM with Kristen and Taylor as they are getting together before (see below taken from Twitter)

NM: Confirmed by Kellan Lutz, filming begins March 23rd. Rob expected there weeks before.

about 12 hours ago from web

Think it possibly is true, it has been posted on the RobPattzDaily on Twitter also... Along with pics of Rob at his friend Bobby Long's gig on Friday night.

Also rumours he will be at the Oscars next week, therefore guess he will be going back to LA soon and possibly be prepping for NM with Kristen and Taylor as they are getting together before (see below taken from Twitter)

That's the point though, it's all just rumour...annoyingly so!

I know of a group of fans that are here from the US for the weekend. They went on Friday with no expectations. I bet they are ecstatic that Rob was there. Still, Bobby seems to be getting a big fan base from Rob fans!

I hadn't seen this, but if it is true, there are going to be about 800 peed off people at ET... :WAVE:B):angry:

If its a fan event maybe it was in the contract to do it, i know a few stuff they are contracted to attend if its to do with the film.

• Moderators

Some sites say 'fan event', some say 'promotional fan event' - the latter would absolutely suggest it's work related, rather than a convention.

Does anyone have any SPECIFIC information regarding it, beyond the "twilight.jp says .." tidbit that I seem to read everywhere?

Urgh, it's really annoying this. >.<

Leah showed it too me on Livejournal- the "Fans" are SO rude about Taylor, then were saying things like

"Urgh, guess I'll have to put up with him"

and

"GO HOME TAYLOR GO HOME"

and

"Who does he think he is? Why can't he just leave Rob and Kristen alone?!"

:angry: So Rude, in my opinion...

• Moderators

It's unfortunate that every fandom has a nasty side to it like that.

I don't really get what the anti-Taylor sentiment is? I mean, I know Rob and Kristen are main in the movie, but why should they be left "alone"? They're just actors like everyone else in it :angry:

I'd be ashamed to be a Twilight fan associated alongside those people.

Some sites say 'fan event', some say 'promotional fan event' - the latter would absolutely suggest it's work related, rather than a convention.

Does anyone have any SPECIFIC information regarding it, beyond the "twilight.jp says .." tidbit that I seem to read everywhere?

No, all roads lead back to the twilight.jp....site!

I've looked again this morning.

I also read the LJ entries by these so called Twilight fans. I am ashamed to be associated with people who talk like that. Jacob is not my favourite book character but Taylor did a fine job of portaying him in the film. Kristen isn't my favourite of actors either, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be pleased as punch if she turned up at any even I was to attend.

I made a TV show to talk about Twilight, and also the convention!!!!!

http://www.tv7.com/index.php?id_video=3033&id_fiche=2903

yeah, would have been nice if the programme had something in english, or even subtitles. lol. i tried watching it but since i'm not french, and i pretty much failed french at school... it wasnt easy to understand lol infact near enough impossible. all i understood were words "twilight" and "americana" and "kristen stewart" ^_^