Schedule of events over the The Hub Torchwood Convention

• Showmasters Admin

Schedule of events over the The Hub weekend

This list is "tentative" and WILL change :P

but the start times and end times should be correct and we do not think they will have to be changed

This is just some of the things that are planed but it give you all some idea of what to expect

Friday

3.00 pm Registration till 8.00 pm

4.00 pm Dealers room / till 6.00pm

6.30 pm Opening Ceremony till 7.00pm

7.00 pm gold pass Drinks Reception till 8.00pm

7.50 pm The party time travel theme any famous person from history, some guests in attendance till 3.00am

Saturday

8.00 am Registration till 12.00pm

9.00 am signings autos and photo sessions till 1.00pm

2.00 pm Q & A & Stage Activities with the guests till 5.00 pm

5.00 pm auction till 5.30 pm

7.30 pm The party 1930's 1940's big band ballroom theme some guests in attendance till 3.00 am

Sunday

9.00 am Signings autos and photo sessions till 1.00 pm

1.30 pm Q & A and stage Activities till 6.00 pm

6.00 pm end

7.30 pm Sunday night party some guests in attendance till 3.00 am

we do have more planed this is just to let you all know when things start and end

we are planing to do more with the guests as well but we will inform you when this has been agreed

lots more to come

jason :P

Schedule of events over the The Hub weekend

but the start times and end times should be correct and we do not think they will have to be changed

This is just some of the things that are planed but it give you all some idea of what to expect

Friday

3.00 pm Registration till 8.00 pm

4.00 pm Dealers room / till 6.00pm

6.30 pm Opening Ceremony till 7.00pm

7.00 pm gold pass Drinks Reception till 8.00pm

7.50 pm The party time travel theme any famous person from history, some guests in attendance till 3.00am

Saturday

8.00 am Registration till 12.00pm

9.00 am signings autos and photo sessions till 1.00pm

2.00 pm Q & A & Stage Activities with the guests till 5.00 pm

5.00 pm auction till 5.30 pm

7.30 pm The party 1930's 1940's big band ballroom theme some guests in attendance till 3.00 am

Sunday

9.00 am Signings autos and photo sessions till 1.00 pm

1.30 pm Q & A and stage Activities till 6.00 pm

6.00 pm end

7.30 pm Sunday night party some guests in attendance till 3.00 am

we do have more planed this is just to let you all know when things start and end

we are planing to do more with the guests as well but we will inform you when this has been agreed

lots more to come

jason :unsure:

So have I read this right..as things stand in the mornings unless you are getting a photo or an auto there is absolutely nothing to do/see (dealers room and bar notwithstanding). not being funny but surely there should be some concurrent activity..I thought it was a convention not a signing/collectormania event? Bit disappointed at the moment.

So have I read this right..as things stand in the mornings unless you are getting a photo or an auto there is absolutely nothing to do/see (dealers room and bar notwithstanding). not being funny but surely there should be some concurrent activity..I thought it was a convention not a signing/collectormania event? Bit disappointed at the moment.

I understand what you're saying, although personally I'm happy about that as it means I may be able to leave a lot earlier than anticipated (I am not remotely interested in Q&As). However in the very same post Showmasters also said this:

This list is "tentative" and WILL change :blink:
lots more to come

So there may well be things to do if you're not getting photographs or autographs. The schedule isn't yet fully confirmed.

I'm glad that the autos and photo sessions are in the morning and Q&A etc afternoon. I went to a convention once where the photo sessions and Q&A's were happening at the same time so a lot of the Q&A's I wanted to see I missed because I was else where having photo sessions done.

This is awesome news, thank you, Jason! I'm not sure I'll be able to find a costume for the 1930s/40s themed party, but I'll definitely encourage my friends to join in on the Time Travel one! And I'm so excited about some of the guests attending the party! I'm a Gold member so I'm lucky enough to get the drinks reception, but it'll be doubly amazing to party with some them until 3am - if they choose to stay that long, at least.

And to the person who doesn't want photos/autos, and therefore has nothing to do on Saturday morning - I can't believe you're complaining. Why bother coming if you don't want to have your photo taken with them? I know the talks and parties are the best lure, but you can hardly complain that that's not what you wanted...

Quite pleased to see that so long has been set aside for the talks in the afternoons on both days. I confess that was my biggest concern as I attended another Massive Events convention and felt that not enough time was allocated for talks with some of the talks being as short as 30 minutes.

Having John Barrowman at an event and then only having him talk for 30 minutes would have been criminal!

Oh and can we please have a moratorium on people asking if John will be singing? I have this horrible fear that every other question at his Q&A will be "Can you please sing x?". Having watched him do the sound check at his concert last week he is very particular about the circumstances in which he is willing to sign and everything has to be just right. It's pretty unlikely that he's going to be happy about being continually asked to sing as if he is a performing monkey!

And to the person who doesn't want photos/autos, and therefore has nothing to do on Saturday morning - I can't believe you're complaining. Why bother coming if you don't want to have your photo taken with them? I know the talks and parties are the best lure, but you can hardly complain that that's not what you wanted...

Sorry I don't go to conventions for photos (and I have been attending them for over 20 years so I do have a little experience), I go to see my friends and the actors do talks and so forth. There is nothing wrong with a bit of concurrent activity either given it is billed as a convention not a signing event (some events have coffee clubs etc for those who want them for example). I didn't say I wasn't going to have photos/autos nor that I objected to there being photos and autos, that wasn't the point and would be complete nonsense. Why bother coming if I don't want a photo is such a stupid remark that I am not even going to dignify it with an answer other than to say perhaps there was no need to be quite so rude in the tone of your response!!

Edited by catfish

Sorry I don't go to conventions for photos (and I have been attending them for over 20 years so I do have a little experience), I go to see my friends and the actors do talks and so forth. There is nothing wrong with a bit of concurrent activity either given it is billed as a convention not a signing event (some events have coffee clubs etc for those who want them for example). I didn't say I wasn't going to have photos/autos nor that I objected to there being photos and autos, that wasn't the point and would be complete nonsense. Why bother coming if I don't want a photo is such a stupid remark that I am not even going to dignify it with an answer other than to say perhaps there was no need to be quite so rude in the tone of your response!!

You just did dignify it with an answer, and for God sakes, stop being so sensitive. Showmasters are catering to the majority of fans. They're only doing what they know most of them want - I just found it silly that you were acting so indignant, like you were surprised by the outcome of events.

And if you come to these conventions to talk to other fans etc, then you wouldn't need Showmasters to provide you with entertainment during the events you don't wish to enter, would you? You'd use that time to be doing what you've said you would, which is conversing, yes? With your 20 years of experience, I'm sure you've learned how to occupy yourself by now.

Do you have to go dressed up, or can you go just dressed as yourself?

My mum is worried, that she'll be the only one not dressed up, and I told her, I would come on here and ask you guys/girls, if you have to dress up?

I'm not dressing up for the parties and neither is my mum. :P

You just did dignify it with an answer, and for God sakes, stop being so sensitive. Showmasters are catering to the majority of fans. They're only doing what they know most of them want - I just found it silly that you were acting so indignant, like you were surprised by the outcome of events.

And if you come to these conventions to talk to other fans etc, then you wouldn't need Showmasters to provide you with entertainment during the events you don't wish to enter, would you? You'd use that time to be doing what you've said you would, which is conversing, yes? With your 20 years of experience, I'm sure you've learned how to occupy yourself by now.

I feel your patronising tone is entirely unnecessary, but at least you are entertaining me hugely on a boring day.

I am entitled to express a view but it appears that what you are saying is that it is perfectly acceptable to express an opinion provided it is what you agree with and anything else makes someone silly. I'm not indignant, just expressing a view.

My initial post was in no way rude or derogatory to Showmasters nor was it in any way an indignant post, indeed I have a huge amount of respect for Jason and his team, however rather than simply express a view you are making personal assumptions and remarks. BTW anyone who knows me would laugh their head off at someone viewing me as sensitive. Not sure whether to laugh or say thank you.

Edited by catfish

Lordy, gonna be running around on Friday to get ready for the party after the drinks reception. :P

So to be clear, it's any person through history... time travelling to Torchwood.

I wonder if 'A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...' counts as history :P

Lordy, gonna be running around on Friday to get ready for the party after the drinks reception. :P

So to be clear, it's any person through history... time travelling to Torchwood.

I wonder if 'A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...' counts as history :P

It's someone's history isn't it? :P

I understand what you're saying, although personally I'm happy about that as it means I may be able to leave a lot earlier than anticipated (I am not remotely interested in Q&As). However in the very same post Showmasters also said this:

lots more to come

So there may well be things to do if you're not getting photographs or autographs. The schedule isn't yet fully confirmed.

Oh it'll be fun anyway, whatever, for sure.

Refering to the gold pass drinks reception, is there a formal dress code or anything? I've never been to one before and don't want to turn up under-dressed or something :D

Do you have to go dressed up, or can you go just dressed as yourself?

My mum is worried, that she'll be the only one not dressed up, and I told her, I would come on here and ask you guys/girls, if you have to dress up?

I'm not dressing up for the parties and neither is my mum. :D

I doubt me or my Dad will be dressing up either :P