Hi Everyone

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what are you after exactly? Do you have specific guests you need to see announced before you're happy? Just curious.

My guess would be 'headline guests'. Whilst Bob might be a cool character, he's not actually been in the show that much and therefore the stuff he can talk about with regards to the show is somewhat limited. So far, James is the headlining guest... and he's been to an event before.

I'm still confident that SM will announce some cool guests, but so far, none of the 'main' characters have been announced.

Completly agree....

When I spoke to Jason at a convention in June he said that James was not a A list guest (bless Ando - I love him!!!)

I am still waiting with baited breath to see what big guest they wil get

I can understand the concerns, as obviously this is being compared to the 1st Eclipse.

Eclipse 1 has a really good line up - 5 of the guests I would have considered as being 'main' characters.

So far for Eclipse 2 we have 3 guests, and of those I would only consider James Kyson Lee as a 'main' character - even though he doesn't have a power.

However, the other 2 guests are actors of good standing who I am happy to meet, and are recurring characters (NOT extras - as someone else has suggested).

I can understand that people are disappointed so far and that a lot of people bought tickets at Eclipse based on their experience at that convention, and are now upset because we don't have 6 main characters lined up.

All I will say is that there is still time, and still guests to be announced. Showmasters/Massive Events didn't fail us the 1st time, even after cancellations, and they won't this time. There are still another possible 3 guests - and who knows, they could be Hayden, Zac and Masi (here's hoping!!). Have faith. I personally have spent a lot of money on tickets (that I really can't afford!) and I have been looking forward to this since I booked at Eclipse 1. I am still convinced that we will get some great guests to go with the ones that have already been announced, but whatever happens, I will have a great time because I love Heroes. :chair:

There is still 6 weeks to go for the event yet!!!!

Would love to know what party themes are lol

Ok i know we make our own ones up most of the time but, still i wanna know what themes as they stil might be in line with what idea we got already :D

{snip}

Well put, Miss G! Those are exactly my sentiments. I can't wait for E2 because it's a Showmasters convention and I'll get to meet attendees I met at the first one, plus I'll get to meet a few actors too!

As well as the guests, I love the overall atmosphere and excitement that surrounds a con. :D

Besides that, I'm rather pleased with who has already been announced. ;)

guests can change at the last minuite so i never get exited about the guests till im there and i know that short of one of them droping down dead in the actual con they are def there.

any heroes guest is good for me as well i will admit i went to the first one bacause i had bought my tic wanting zach and greg to be there...

i wasn't that impresed with the line up for the first eclipse and then was suprised by how much i enjoyed it and getting to know the storys and the people behind the not so imprtant characters at the time made me love them even more, i meen because of eclipse one mommy patrellie is now my second favourate charecter.

im not even bothered if they bring back david,tawney or santiago all three of whom i've met at least twice in the last year because i know there good guests and so on.

so far all three anounced guests are people i havent met, i wanted to meet james but never got the chance and i would like to have met stephen but unfortinatly he canceled, ( even though i don't like his charecter at all)

party themes are solid and wont change unlike the guest line up.

yes if you got a silver tic ( as i have i've had it since the first day they went on sale) you can get a bit worried about it but as rivvan said im in no matter what, part of what made e1 so much fun was the hanging out with my friends on the nightime and during the talks.

i'll worry a week before hand, but all my stuffs paid for already so...

Right...i have been putting off coming on the boards for so long and have just been reading all the posts.

I would love to know who would pay at least [and this is a rough calculation] £240 to just hang out with some friends for a couple of evenings, and that does not include drinks.

I did not buy a ticket at the end of E1 though i was tempted, and i am so glad i didn't. To me the parties are the added bonus, and do not get me wrong I had a blast last time, but surely the point of a con is to see guest, listen to talks etc.

I would love to meet Jason but that is not enough....i do not have lots of spare cash and really need my moneys worth if i go to a con.

I hope for all the girls and guys who have got tickets that SM pull a fantastic one out of the bag, but as for me.....I will not be there.

i spend that amount of money any time i go see my friends or my boyfriend for a few nights out as they all live at the other end of the country, so by the time i pay for travel and lodgings...

and i spent about that amount at the last two collectamanias and only met 3 guests at one and only met one guest at the last one, heck i spent about 60 on david anders alone at lfcc, and no i don't have a lot of money this just happens to be the thing i spend my money on, i don't go out drinking and because of the hours i work this is my social life.

each to there own but to get the three guest auto's and photo shoots that would have been roughtly 90 at a signing con so as far as im conserned at the moment im only 50 out of pocket as it is but i'm sure there will be more guests anounced before the con

• Moderators

I guess the main point is that it's a Heroes con, and we have three Heroes guests at the moment.

It's tricky to buy a ticket, and then have some people saying "oh I don't like this guest!" .. granted, I don't like every character in the show, but I would be happy enough meeting anyone involved, and hearing about the experiences they've had working with the rest of the cast.

I remember Eclipse 1, and how I was most looking forward to meeting David Anders. Now he was awesome, but everyone else ended up fantastic too - especially Christine and Jessalyn, two of the ones who had characters that (at the time) weren't overly interesting to me.

So some people may not like 'Bob' all that much, but I think Stephen will turn out to be a fantastic guest, as will all of them. I guess I've learnt that they don't need to be 'main cast' to give you an enjoyable event. Not that I'd turn down main cast, don't get me wrong .. but I'm pretty sure we're all going to get our moneys worth as Heroes fans.

I really hope it is as good as last time.

I loved Christine at E1 and felt she was a star with so many good stories, but as much as i like Ando, and Mrs Bennet and how i do not like the character of Bob...[good acting from Stephen though] it does not inspire me.

And i have my suspions about the next lot of guests and if i am right i would be sorely dissappointed.

And i do not care what anyone puts here but i am sure that if no major Hero is guesting the con goers will be upset.

~Just my thoughts so please do not shoot me down...

Edited by elullatook

OK, I have now booked my train tickets. It's not exactly because I'm completely reassured but more because otherwise they will become too expensive. Now I do hope that this extra-trust will be justified.

At the moment, with only 3 guests including one I have met before, the gold pass is absolutely not worth it but I will patiently keep an eye here and hope that we get those six guests that were mentionned if not promised.

Ok I would LOVE some main guests and I do hope they get them but as David B said (and I hardly ever agree with him :P:lol:) Christine and Jessalyn were amazing at E1 and Christine was probably my fav person I have met heroes wise (and would love her back :D). I see Stephen being the Christine of E2 if you have heard his commentary on s2 dvd he's got a great sense of humour and I for one can't wait to meet him and the other two. Im still itching for the rest of the guests but it has put my fears down (for now anyway). So i'm gunna sit back and wait for the next announcements and look forward to hopefully wicked weekend.

• Moderators

Well.....

I think that maybe SM have been holding out with the announcements until series 3 started because.....it will be season 3 people.....duh...da

Just a thought.

There's 3/4 Season 3 guests that are appearing at other events, so I can't think of too many more at the moment that would be great to have along. I'd take Jamie Hector, Ntare Guma Mbaho Mwine or Blake Shields.

I remember Jason telling me Christine would be the kinda guest you'd want to make sure you met due to future events, and he was right then .. so sometimes it's a case of them not seeming quite so interesting at the moment.

But hey, I guess we can just wait and see!

Edited by DavidB

Well.....

I think that maybe SM have been holding out with the announcements until series 3 started because.....it will be season 3 people.....duh...da

Just a thought.

Completely agree and this does not fill me with much excitment....

*edit* (Sorry, but you had far too much information there.)

E2 had better take heed and step up to the plate pretty damn quick!, they have not got long left.... I really want E2 to rock as much as E1 did as it was the best con i have been to, but am deeply worried....

Edited by DavidB