Tickets

Big_Pants

Regarding children -

I'm sorry but does anyone see my point i would be brining 2 children thats going to cost £60 as they are under 10, I mean sometimes you have to bring the kids with you and they dont always pay attention or are intrested,but you cant really leave them, so i think £30 is a little high, does anyone agree with me? I mean most cons dont start charging till they are at least 7 or above, and they dont get anything for there £30 either.

But on a plus note i hope to afford a ticket b4 they sell out.

Edited by Charisma

Charisma, I also wanted to say that it is a bit 'off' charging a child of 11 the same price that an adult would pay, & £29 for a 4 yr old is just ridiculous!

It might be worth it if they got a little surprise with their package, but with such a varying age, I doubt it would be doable.

Many UK conventions make children under 16 free, then charge adult prices at 16+.

Edited by Starbuck73

I can kind of see the point in charging for children who are old enough to take up a seat in the talks, but infants and toddlers aren't even going to know where they are, so charging so much for them is annoying... I hope we can get some official word from showmasters as to whether there's a minimum age for the children's ticket...

My son will be less than 4 months old by the time Eternal Twilight comes round... i'd leave him at home, except I'm planning on nursing, so he'll have to come along...

My only other option is bringing my husband and leaving the baby in the hotel room with him all day, but I know my friends want to have the chance of meeting my son as well... still, not at £30!

Some companies don't charge for kids at all, but you register their name when you book your ticket so they get a namebadge & a convention booklet the same as yours... makes more sense if you ask me... who is going to pay £30 for a 5 yr old, even if they have to bring them?

I think another thread mentioned the childs tickets are from age 5-10...

Edited by Starbuck73

My son will be less than 4 months old by the time Eternal Twilight comes round... i'd leave him at home, except I'm planning on nursing, so he'll have to come along...

My only other option is bringing my husband and leaving the baby in the hotel room with him all day, but I know my friends want to have the chance of meeting my son as well... still, not at £30!

Jola said no when asked if babies of about your son's age needed photo session tickets, so I'm thinking it would be the same here. But best wait for official confirmation.

Yea i mean the 2 ill be brining they useally come to autos and photos sessions , i never do talks and its bed time for them when the party kicks off, it just seems sm want to make money where they can, as £30 is a lot even if they get a "goodie" bad, but still i thnk either like £15 or nornal entry like £10 is still dear but better than £30, most children under 10 sit on there parents laps anyways.

Yes, when?!!

I would so crew this, but it's so selective I won't be chosen :chair:

So I need my silver ticket!! :wub:

sorrry im new to all this convention stuff but can you explain what crewing is?

and do the tickets usually sell out fast? cz i need to arrange what and when to buy with the people im going with.

does anyone know the theme of the parties on the friday and saturday??

thank youuu

sorrry im new to all this convention stuff but can you explain what crewing is?

and do the tickets usually sell out fast? cz i need to arrange what and when to buy with the people im going with.

does anyone know the theme of the parties on the friday and saturday??

thank youuu

Crew are the people (effectively volunteers) who help organise and run the shows with the Showmasters Team. For the bigger shows, you can apply to crew at them, but for these shows, select people are invited to crew. There's much more details about crewing in the Crew Threads from the main board.

The themes for the parties have not been announced yet, so it's a waiting game to see what they'll be.

I don't think tickets will sell out that fast. For Eclipse (the heroes convention) gold tickets sold out first, then standard tickets sold out a week or 2 before the show. There's still plenty of time, and I suspect a lot of people won't buy their tickets until the guests are announced, or until they can gather their plans/finances etc. Try not to stress out about it.

Also, Jola often posts when tickets are close to selling out, so just keep an eye on the forum for that.