Brad Dourif - insanely busy!

MikeDonovan

There was a bit of a queue for him yesterday, I think he's just a slow signer and likes to take time with the fans

nail... head lol. I met him at 3.30 and he was up to 170.

There was a bit of a queue for him yesterday, I think he's just a slow signer and likes to take time with the fans

nail... head lol. I met him at 3.30 and he was up to 170.

He was only a little bit faster today - 170 got through at about 3pm

Apparently one of his children was taken ill on Saturday so he had to disappear for a while (at least that's what the crew member I asked seemed to think was the reason).

Yes that was the reason. His daughter was taken ill suddenly (btw, if that was his daughter with him Sunday, she looked very nice :rolleyes: )

As for VQ tickets, there wasn't tickets to start with but as it got busier, they were handed out.

I was Brad's assistant on saturday and he got through an amazing amount I can't tell you the exact number but it was way more than the 170 you thought) considering he went off to settle his daughter into hospital which took a few hours.

He loved meeting everyone and was very careful to ensure that everyone who came to meet him got exactly what they wanted. He personalised, wrote quotes and had pics with everyone who wanted one. We had to stop photos for about an hour at the end of the day, beause there was a fear that he would end up turning people away which he really would have hated doing. Plus, when he'd finished the massive queue he had, he posed for pics with everyone who came back if he missed them earlier.

He was an absolute star.

ps. There were no VQ tickets at the beginning because it was quite hard to guage how busy he'd be but like someone else said, once they realised he was going to be busy they started handing them out.

Edited by Gerrysgirl

I only said 170 cos that was the numner he was up to when I saw him at just before 3 Sunday ;)

Aaaw, why was his daughter in hospital? Hope all was ok- this seemed to be a bad show for guests' illnesses!

Edited by Lizzy

Brad was very cool, i'm happy i got to meet him, it took a long time to get to him, he was on the phone for a while, then the guy in front of me handed over 14 things to get signed, during which Brad gave me a funny look and half shook his head ;)

lol 14!!! thats like £210!! Actually... thats only 8 for Patrick or Chris Lloyd lol.... meh, its a lot of money lol

lol yep 14, i was happy with one 8x10, i guess he was getting them for other people, either that or he is Brads biggest fan ........

Brad was very cool, i'm happy i got to meet him, it took a long time to get to him, he was on the phone for a while, then the guy in front of me handed over 14 things to get signed, during which Brad gave me a funny look and half shook his head :lol:

You must have been standing just in front of me 'cos I remember thinking "14?!?"

It was just after he signed your stuff that he said he had to go to the hospital and I felt kinda bad for holding him up by wanting an autograph :thumbup:

Brad was very cool, i'm happy i got to meet him, it took a long time to get to him, he was on the phone for a while, then the guy in front of me handed over 14 things to get signed, during which Brad gave me a funny look and half shook his head :lol:

You must have been standing just in front of me 'cos I remember thinking "14?!?"

It was just after he signed your stuff that he said he had to go to the hospital and I felt kinda bad for holding him up by wanting an autograph :lol:

hhmm? are you female? the people right behind me were female...:thumbup: lol

Aaaw, why was his daughter in hospital? Hope all was ok- this seemed to be a bad show for guests' illnesses!

Not sure I should give details on here but she was fine by sunday and even came to the show for a while.

Like I said before, he was an absolute star and was desperate to make sure everyone who met him had a nice meeting. I hope he comes to another show.... He was a great guest. Glad you enjoyed meeting him :D

I met Brad on Saturday, he wrote out a fairly long quote from Deadwood for me on a poster and posed for a photo, I had no idea he had other things on his mind. What a gentleman, how many other actors would have used the excuse he had and cancelled or turned up for the minimum time etc, you can be certain he obviously has time and respect for his fans. NOW how about some more Deadwood guests, Ian McShane would be a great start.

Firstly I would like to say he is a brilliant actor and i was really looking forward to meeting him.I was in the line for him for ages which i didnt mind untill i started to see the autograph that he was given im sorry but we are paying for it and it was an absolutely terrible autograph I have friends who have met him before and got his autograph and it was a full one not what he was doing this weekend from what i saw very dissapointing so i decided not to go and meet him and get the atugraph i walk out of the line

[yes true people can change there autographs but when you are oaying for them and all he does is bascally a scribble or initials when he was here the last time in Milton keynes i was with a friend and he got a full autograph and he was singing like that all day and he was even more busier im sorry but if you are paying for an autograph they could have the decency of doing it properly