AT THE SFX STAND THIS YEAR

SFX

OMG, this contest sounds so cool, I just have to find some kind of costume to wear!

Edit: I just had a look at the talks and events and Alexander Siddig's talk doesn't finish until 2.10, does that mean that I would miss the contest?

Does anyone know the answer to this? Sorry for being pushy, but I need to know so I can get to work on my costume.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prizes you say?

Hmmm I shall come as "Showmaster Crew Member" !!!

(Assuming I can get away from my post!)

they were my thoughts exactly XD

Mine too!! Ha ha ha ha ha :P

I want a toaster. Doesn't have to be Star Trek I just fancy some toast at the weekend.

All round to Christa's hotel room for crew breakfast then ;)

OOOOOH great... breakfast in bed!!! :wub:

Hi SFX

is there any goodies/freebies for people who are already SFX subscribers

Hi,

Yes we will have some goodies, so pop by the SFX stand

Ade

SFX

www.sfx.co.uk

Join SFX on facebook today

Wooo Hoooooo!! *polishes off SFX subscription*

OMG, this contest sounds so cool, I just have to find some kind of costume to wear!

Edit: I just had a look at the talks and events and Alexander Siddig's talk doesn't finish until 2.10, does that mean that I would miss the contest?

Hi,

We are running the compo on both days mind!

Ade

SFX

seeing as sfx have given us such nice reviews in the past,we will swing by and give you one of our badges on saturday!

cos you're such nice guys,and gals.

jamie,of moonfacepress.

Edited by jamie1138

i feel that you may be lying about aformentioned tosters, they fell of the back of a truck and you just wrote star trek on them in sharpie didn't you...

LOL. Look out for the yellow 3 wheeler and a bloke called Del Boy!!

Ade

SFX

seeing as sfx have given us such nice reviews in the past,we will swing by and give you one of our badges on saturday!

cos you're such nice guys,and gals.

jamie,of moonfacepress.

Cheers Mate

Ade

Will Leah be on the stand on Saturday? She looks very pretty from the pics in your mag :blink:

Yes she is there so pop by and say hello to her.

Ade

SFX

SFX at London Film and Comic Con

It's the annual London Film and Comic Con this weekend, and it's looking set to be a great one this year! As well as being packed full of trading stalls selling everything from collectable models to movie Collectables, there's a huge selection of guests from the worlds of film and cult TV - get autographs and have your photo taken with the likes of John Hurt, Brian Blessed, Claudia Black, Karen Allen, Malcolm McDowell and absolutely loads more - as well as a cosplay competition, an exhibition of original Indiana Jones props, and numerous guest talks on both days of the event.

And, of course, SFX will be there with our stall, and we'll have loads going on if you come over and check us out. As well as our usual special subscription offers, we'll also have a special guest on the stand in the form of Ian Whyte, better known as the Predator in the Alien vs Predator movies, who'll be signing autographs on both days of the con (signing fee £10 per photo). We'll also be selling some extremely limited edition SFX t-shirts (how limited? We've got two designs, and only 50 of each, that's how limited!), and we'll be running a Star Trek costume competition in conjunction with our friends at Paramount Home Entertainment and HMV. They've supplied us with some exclusive Star Trek toasters, (yes, toasters!) jackets, signed DVDs and loads more! Come to the SFX stand in costume at 2pm each day for your chance to win! And we may even have a few more things up our sleeves - just look out for the TARDIS if you want to find us.

OMG THE TARDIS! I am definitely going to take lots of photos of that. Can we pose in front of it? :D

Yes you can. Also on Sunday (TBC) we are planning a photo shoot where you can have your photo in front of the Tardis, and a magic printer will print out a colour 10 x 8 spoof SFX COVER there and then!!!!!!!!!!

Your Chance to become a SFX Cover Star Folks, and it will look like your the new Doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There will be a charge of £10 but well worth it i think and very original!!

Who's up for it if we do this folks??

Ade

SFX

Yes you can. Also on Sunday (TBC) we are planning a photo shoot where you can have your photo in front of the Tardis, and a magic printer will print out a colour 10 x 8 spoof SFX COVER there and then!!!!!!!!!!

Your Chance to become a SFX Cover Star Folks, and it will look like your the new Doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There will be a charge of £10 but well worth it i think and very original!!

Who's up for it if we do this folks??

Ade

SFX

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG! Can't you do this on saturday? I can't come on sunday! Oh why is everything happening on sunday - I cheesed off now :YAHOO:

BTW - great idea SFX and £10 sounds like a bargain to me :D

Hi

Spoke to one of you today about the Alien, just thought you might like to see a picture, he is full scale size and ready to battle :D

dsc1282il7.th.jpg

DAZ

if you click on the image you can see the full size

That was me Daz,

Looks fantastic. See you on Friday mate

Ade

SFX

CALLING ALL STAR TREK FANS!!

Thanks to our chums at Paramount Home Entertainment They have given me a load of unique Star Trek memorabila to give away, including some really nice Next Gen Puffa Jackets, fleece's, signed DVD's

AND WAIT FOR IT!!!!! 20 STAR TREK TOASTERS!!!! Yes i did say toasters!!!

HOW TO WIN SOME STAR TREK BOOTY?

At 2pm on both Sat and Sunday simply turn up at the SFX stand in a costume and myself and Ian Whyte will judge a winner. We have 10 runner up prizes for each day to givaway too (Any Costume from any show is good enough to enter)

Ow, we were at the SFX stand at 2.00 in costume, we didn't get anything. :crying: I asumed I must have got the day wrong and maybe it only applied to Sunday. My friend got an Ian Whyte autograph while we were there, you must have seen us :(

Edited by Ray

I was there at 2.00 and there was no one elise in uniform, so I'm not sure what happened there. I was given a Toaster and Enterprise fleece - it was beautiful - for being the first, and one of the few people who were actually there. Are you sure it was 2.00 that you got there? It is on again tomorrow, so you shouldn't worry.

thanks to the guy at the sfx stand for taking the copy of our new comic book,septic isle.

fingers crossed it gets to the desk of your comic book reviewers!

thanks again.

jamie,of MFP.

Edited by jamie1138

I was there for the prize draw at 4. Did I misunderstand or did the first person out the hat have the answer wrong but was still given the prize? Thats what the predator guy said when he looked at the piece of paper he drew out. Apologies if I got it wrong but a few people wondered that! :D