Has anyone rung the Doctor?

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

It's just struck me that the Doctor's phone number was on screen quite a few times in last Saturday's episode, and it's a great opportunity for a bit of viral promotion (like they did with the Lost websites).

So has anyone rung the number? And what happened?!

Andrea

I did whilst watching it and got a message saying that numbers were not being connected and that I wouldn't be charged. It was too tempting not.

I think its a missed opportunity for the BBC to create a bigger buzz (like they already haven't! :thumbup: )

But maybe all the fines over phone in comps being rigged put them off charging people for what would basically be a promo... :dance:

Still, can't wait til Sat.... :D

Yea the CallTurk number worked- when they were off set it was just a promo message, but if they were on set, they'd have the phone on and if a cast member was around when it rang, they'd answer. Was ages ago now though and I guess it was only an american thing :D

Years ago there was a Unit documentary shown before a rerun of a Doctor Who episode, which quoted a Unit recruitment number. I didn't call the number, fearing that it was a cunningly disguised army recruitment ploy, but apparently there was a message from the Brigadier telling fans that another story was shortly to be rebroadcast.

I rang The Doctor at midday today and got through. Going to see her on Friday. Ooops..I thought this was a medical string :D

You beat me to it... But it's next Friday and it's a Him! Although one of the GPs at my practice did go to School with David Tennant! :poki:

Anne

What complete numpties. Moaning because the phone number didn't connect. I also like the fact that the number of people moaning because the finale didn't match what they wanted in a "screw you other fans, I want it my way" kind of way. You have this every finale of every programme. Yawn.