To those of you who queue for 4 or 5 hours or more...

Vanna

As someone seriously considering doing likewise, can someone tell me what happens if/when you need the loo? Does it mean losing your place? It's hard to believe most people can go that long without going.

Sorry to bring up the subject, but I want to know if someone holds your place in the queue for you...is that the norm? Many thanks.

Just have to hold it as the loo's only open when the centre does so there is no where else to go if your out there at 6am! I've seen a lot of people nip off to get coffee etc when costa opens and friends stay in the queue.

Or im sure if there ages and the people around you dont mind you popping off, you can always ask to just hold your place to go find a bush :blink: : )

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt!

Stephen

Or im sure if there ages and the people around you dont mind you popping off, you can always ask to just hold your place to go find a bush :blink: : )

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt!

Stephen

LOL

A couple of the refreshment places have doors on the outside of the centre and open them early. Fairly certain there is a McDonalds by door 6 which will open early and will definitely have toilets but there is a Burger King by door 9 which is nearer Middleton Hall which should also have toilets.

Here's a link the the store plan.

http://www.thecentremk.com/Documents/StorePlan.pdf

A couple of the refreshment places have doors on the outside of the centre and open them early. Fairly certain there is a McDonalds by door 6 which will open early and will definitely have toilets but there is a Burger King by door 9 which is nearer Middleton Hall which should also have toilets.

Here's a link the the store plan.

http://www.thecentremk.com/Documents/StorePlan.pdf

McDonalds opens about 6am, not sure about Burger King :X

4 or 5 hours? Bah!! That's nothing.

I stood for 11 hours without a toilet break in Leicester Square waiting for the Revenge of the Sith premiere. Still, I did get George Lucas' autograph.

Yes, I know. I'm insane.

Edited by sagart

Whats the longest anyone has ever queued for an autograph???? Mine was the Pirates 2 premiere in London - I went straight to Leicester Square from Comic Con - getting there for 6pm on the Saturday night for the premiere on Sunday....

I also camped out for the Harry Potter - OOTP Premiere as well - got there at 9.00pm and the Baftas this year - got there at 3.00am

Yes, I know I am mad....

I have also camped out over night to be front row at concerts - U2, Take That and Oasis!!!!!

Longest ive queued is since like 7am for the heroes people at LFCC.

And then i was in the wrong queue :|

We got at Comic Con last year for 7am too - we wanted Dom and the Heroes cast!! Twas fun!!!

there aint no one that big at c13 that you'd need to get there 4 or 5 hours early is there?

Im with you on that. Who intends to queue for 4 or 5 hours for this Collectormania. Earliest Ive been outside the MK Centre was 715am for Brandon Routh. At pretty much every other event Ive just walked into the MK whenever I got there if early around 8am. Most of the times the doors are open anyway.

Edited by jonathan

Well as I'm going with others we won't get there till about 9:45-10:15, and its only two of my friends that want to see John, not me.

Its people who post that they are willing to queue so early that makes others panic, about what time they should be there, which is pointless.

This will be the latest that I've ever arrived at a CM event, but I have never needed to get there before 7am.

:blush:

LLAP :borg:

Edited by zebredy

there aint no one that big at c13 that you'd need to get there 4 or 5 hours early is there?

I think I was with u then at around 6 in morning becuase was wrong side the building becuase venue changed to hall 1 instead old hall 2 and was worth it in the end george