Carrie Fisher

Howie

I heard on the grapevine that she was lined up to do one of the shows earlier this year but I assume due to her theatre show 'Wishful Drinking' she had to postpone. 'Wishful Drinking' has now ended its extended run but it is due to go 'on the road' taking the show on a 5 city national (USA) tour. As shown below

http://baltimore.broadwayworld.com/viewcol...cfm?colid=27230

But she will be available prior to her stint in San Jose running from July 23rd. So please Showmasters for the love of all that is good in the world please, please, please (being slightly melodramatic) bring Carrie Fisher to any of the UK Showmasters events as I'll travel from Ireland to see her.

I too want my A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back & Return of the Jedi posters signed and also a photoshoot...would it be too much to ask that she adorn the Gold Bikini?!

Photoshoot and multi signatures for me. So I would really like this to be the priority guest right now. Carrie didn't do any of the 30th Anniversary events over here last year. Derek Maki is very approachable and I am sure he could arrange for her to come.

This must be your priority event organisers.

Is that due to the fun and games over Celebration Europe? That was the best event I've ever been to, I've always wondered if SM regretted pulling out of that.

Really?? I had a ticket for all 3 days and onlt did the first two cos I just found it so overcrowded it was stupid.

But anyway - Carrie yes please bring her back. I met at her at LFCC '06 and did manage to get quite a nice photo with her but would happily meet her again.

Really?? I had a ticket for all 3 days and onlt did the first two cos I just found it so overcrowded it was stupid.

Yes there were queues, but most of them kept moving. The worst I was in was for the left over medallions at the end!

I agree, this event really does need more super huge guests for fast ticketless nerd fanboys to crowd.

It almost turned into hillsborough last year with Patrick and the Heroes guests, seriously it only takes one accident and that's the end of any future events.

Queue management needs improving or someone IS going to get hurt.

I agree, this event really does need more super huge guests for fast ticketless nerd fanboys to crowd.

It almost turned into hillsborough last year with Patrick and the Heroes guests, seriously it only takes one accident and that's the end of any future events.

Queue management needs improving or someone IS going to get hurt.

Last year was stupidly busy and you're right that an accident at these events is on the cards if it isn't properly managed. I felt bad for the helpers last year cos they were telling people that there wasn't any point in waiting around the Heroes table but people just didn't listen. I struggle to see the fasination of standing around watching someone sign stuff from a distance but hey thats just me. The only other solution would be to box of the guests behind screens so there would be no point in standing around getting in the way.

Yes there were queues, but most of them kept moving. The worst I was in was for the left over medallions at the end!

For me the biggest queue was the Mark Hamil talk. I will never forget the look on peoples faces as they walked past and realised just how long the queue was. But I guess queuing up is what being a Star Wars fan is all about!!

Did you get a full set of CE medallions in the end?

Did you get a full set of CE medallions in the end?

No just four. But I was very happy with four! I got the Germany one sitting in on the merchandise talk, then got another three later. I really wanted the UK one which I got.

Basically they did it anyone who needed 1 went first, then the 2s, then anyone left after was allowed three. Which was fair really - the people who made it to 11 then 10 shows had top priority to complete the set.

I never found my way up there till the last day! I would have liked to of attended more, but you can only do so much!

I think they were going for £40 each on eBay just afterwards, too much for me to get more, but not a price I wanted to sell at either!