Lost Season 4 - Episode Nine Discussion

DavidB

that episode was amazing, but i dont want penny to die:(

poor alex and sayid! explained so much, it really was amazing, im gonna have to re watch the entire season this week so that i can see if i missed out on any easter eggs :(

i was so scared at one point i thought locke was gonna shoot sawyer and oh what a surprise jack cried ... :D

That was without a doubt the best episode ever! I loved every second of it.

Every character was at there best. I really thought Claire was going to be dead at one point but luckily she was made it! How sad was it when she called Sawyer Charlie. Did anyone else get a feeling they may be setting up a Sawyer-Claire romance?

And oh yeah, OMFG Smokey as awesome!!!

Edited by Lambourne

Did anyone else get a feeling they may be setting up a Sawyer-Claire romance?

Yes!

I was sooo confused by the dates- 21st Oct 05 as Ben said, 8 years to find his wife Sayid said, n I'm guessing that was after the island with the Shannon thing. :S

I thought it was an ok ep but I'm not enjoying watching the characters die one by one. Poor Alex, after all the build up to her and Danielle's story and it ends so abruptly! ;)

Liked the raging smoke monster and loved the tense interplay between Ben and Widmore, even if what they said seems to imply that the true 'meaning' and story of the island has nothing to do with the 815 survivors after all. :(

Like the idea of Sawyer/Claire romance esp. since it's almost certain Kate wants Jack and is gonna get him in the future. I actually like the idea of Claire/Hurley much more, since he's been a shoulder to cry on.

*post edited*

Please don't post unmarked spoilers. It's unfair on people that don't want to know them.

Edited by DavidB

def one of the best episodes ever!!! Im amazed. I really thought claire was dead, the whole kate/aaron thing would have made sense then....but no, im still confused ;)

The dates are a bit odd with ben/sayid but on lostpedia it says thay sayid was in Oz looking for nadia so it depends how many years he was looking for her before the island...it may be possible to work the dates out now.

lost rocks! :(

• Moderators

I thought it was an ok ep but I'm not enjoying watching the characters die one by one. Poor Alex, after all the build up to her and Danielle's story and it ends so abruptly! :(

Personally I thought it worked really well to signal just how dangerous the freighter guys working for Widmore are, and just how much they want to get to Ben - certainly moreso than the initial few that turned up to "rescue" them.

And I have no issue with it simply because I know it won't be the end of their story.

Naveen's "That's three blocks from ..... " was very poorly delivered, but the closing scene between Ben and Widmore is the single finest scene in the history of the show !

You harm one hair on his curly head ....

Charlie ? .....

Oh so you DO speak English ?

Tell your daddy goodbye.

He's lying !

Excuse me James .....

You don't want to do that Hugo ..... Open the damn door !

I stole her as a baby from an insane woman

I know who you are BOY !

You mean TOWARDS the guys with guns ?

So many fantastic lines ! Not sure about Mr Moriarty as a cover name though :wub:

sorry DavidB if what I posted was a spoiler :D , I'm not sure what it was now(?). If it was Claire related I just was saying what everyone has been speculating how events will turn out since Kate has Aaron in the flashforward, and I guess there are only a couple of possibilities for Claire's fate, right? So, don't panic Claire fans!

But, sorry again! :thumbup: