Stolen Jedi Chefs posters

Morden

I will be honest.... I have been to lots of convention where the Jedi Chef posters have been.... And I have never ever thought... I might take those..... I have just spent ages looking at them and laughing at the celebs in them!!!

Just amazes me...

Morden, I hope you get them back

Lisa

It's awful that someone would take them. Maybe at the next con Jason should mention in his welcome speech that thieving is not acceptable under any circumstances?

Although, the type of people that did this probably wouldn't take any notice anyway.

That's a horrible thing to do, it's like going into someone's house and taking something. Whoever took it if you really liked it you could have just taken a piccy, or if you had no camera just ask someone to take a piccy for you.

You can easily post them back to Neil wothout giving away your identity, this way the Jedi Chefs won't have to pay out again for more posters.

And now that Neil is paying out towards new posters how will I ever get my Uncle Ben's egg fried rice from him. :wub:

Edited by bonniesrg

It's awful that someone would take them. Maybe at the next con Jason should mention in his welcome speech that thieving is not acceptable under any circumstances?

Although, the type of people that did this probably wouldn't take any notice anyway.

Probably not best to open on such a negative note

Probably not best to open on such a negative note

What would be best is if people of that sort of nature didn't attend in the first place! But I see your point. It's just sad when a minority of people spoil things for others.

Morden, As I became a member of the Jedi Chefs ( at least I wore the chefs hat ) I feel that as a new member, I'd be willing to contribute towards the cost of getting the missing posters reprinted.

Maybe posting paypal details or something on here would be good.

I'm looking forward to seeing the photos of new members that were taken at the Sunday night party !

Morden, As I became a member of the Jedi Chefs ( at least I wore the chefs hat ) I feel that as a new member, I'd be willing to contribute towards the cost of getting the missing posters reprinted.

Maybe posting paypal details or something on here would be good.

Thanks for this and other offers of help. I appreciate them and I'm sure the other contributors do if they've seen them. As far as helping out towards the poster replacement cost, just wait until next we meet - that's easiest.

But anyone with spare funds is more than welcome to donate to our charity fund. We raised about £475 for Cancer Research UK last year and have recently launched this year's appeal. There's a link to the page at the bottom of the Jedi Chefs web site and here is a direct link to our fundraising page on JustGiving.com.

I'm looking forward to seeing the photos of new members that were taken at the Sunday night party !

I hope to get the site updated over the long weekend. There are pics from 4 events to add!

Honestly - I should find it harder to believe than I do. However, perhaps it was a misunderstanding. There were lots of newbies and its possible that someone wasn't aware it was personal property. Ok so am reaching a bit - but if that was the case the person could give them back quite easily - no harm or foul.

If someone did deliberately steal them - well they're no use to you so you might as well give them back anyway.

I can't believe someone would steal the celeb ones and not the one with me, Morden, Jason, Bozo and others on it.

Are we not good enough for you or something? :drunk:

But seriously, I'm really disappointed that this has happened.

If somebody needed these images that badly, they are all on the Jedi Chefs website or if you just ask them, they would probably have sent you them.

Hope this gets sorted and I will contribute to the donation for any future posters if needed.

• Showmasters Admin
I think it was the hotel staff that told Neil they had vanished.

One of Jason's people (could have even been Jason) took the posters down for us on Sunday afternoon. When I looked at them, I discovered that 4 were missing. They must have been taken before the others were collected.

I'm guessing they were stolen purely because they were the celebrity posters, all the other posters were left where they were.

I agree.

yep i took the posters down of the bar wall rolled them up took the bluetack off went to the other wall to take them down and sour that they had already been take down

so someone has them so if you do see them let us know as thay belong to the nice people that are the Jedi chefs

if you are felling gilty then why not just send them to us at showmasters and we will get them back to them and all will be cool ok

i can see someone thinking that thay had been left behind and no one wanted them and took them i do see that but now you know other wise so do the right thing please and send them back i look forward to seeing them soon thanks

jason