Seating in the Main Hall

zebredy

I was reading in the other thread that some people had concerns with the seating, the fact that they might loose there seat if they went to the toilet etc, and the fact that if they had a really high ticket number they would be at the back of the hall and might not have that good a view.

I'm still umming and arring about goint to Chevron 7 so wanted to hear what people (other then the gold ticket holders or first 100 in the hall) thought off the seating arangements for the weekend, were they better then they thought or worse...

Thanks in advance for your replys

:thumbup:

LLAP :dance:

I had a high ticket number, in the 500s, but I found the room perfectly fine. They have a massive screen up and are filming the talks and showing it on the screens so that everyone can see...

So for enjoyment, yes, the room is perfect, just don't expect to get ant decent photos if ur sitting at the back, unless u have an amazing zoom!!

I had a high ticket number, in the 500s, but I found the room perfectly fine. They have a massive screen up and are filming the talks and showing it on the screens so that everyone can see...

So for enjoyment, yes, the room is perfect, just don't expect to get ant decent photos if ur sitting at the back, unless u have an amazing zoom!!

Thanks for the info on that. I like the idea of the group shot but would have liked to take a few pics of the guests on stage. I don't suppose any of the guests have seen any S3 scripts yet?

Thanks for the info on that. I like the idea of the group shot but would have liked to take a few pics of the guests on stage. I don't suppose any of the guests have seen any S3 scripts yet?

I think Sendhil mentioned in one of the talks that the writers were in the process of writing the scripts. And he said that no one has shot any scenes for season 3, except for a possible four scenes with Jack Coleman and Kristen Bell in, before the writers strike - that were supposed to be for episode 12 of season 2.

But he didn't know for sure.

Edited by domino

Although I never had a problem myself, I did witness a man losing a seat he had saved for his girlfriend when he first walked into the hall and told to move along.

I was quite sad and camped (read: sat for a few hours) outside the hall to make sure I got front row aisle seats. Unfortunately I was slightly miffed at the closing talk that some foreign girl queue jumped and then literally shoved me out of the way when I was walking down the hall!

Although I never had a problem myself, I did witness a man losing a seat he had saved for his girlfriend when he first walked into the hall and told to move along.

I was quite sad and camped (read: sat for a few hours) outside the hall to make sure I got front row aisle seats. Unfortunately I was slightly miffed at the closing talk that some foreign girl queue jumped and then literally shoved me out of the way when I was walking down the hall!

They don't know how to queue like the Brits do they? :D

I think Sendhil mentioned in one of the talks that the writers were in the process of writing the scripts. And he said that no one has shot any scenes for season 3, except for a possible four scenes with Jack Coleman and Kristen Bell in, before the writers strike - that were supposed to be for episode 12 of season 2.

But he didn't know for sure.

I don't suppose the actors would have known about the writers process, especially after the strike was looming. It would have been interesting to see what had to be cut out or curtailed just so S2 could be neatly 'completed' early.

Unfortunately I was slightly miffed at the closing talk that some foreign girl queue jumped and then literally shoved me out of the way when I was walking down the hall!

Actually I witnessed this at every talk! :headscratch:

Although i didnt have a gold pass, i would also miffed that the exact same people were at the front row for EVERY talk... i mean, who cares if you have come from spain, austraila or whatever... the second row or the isle is just as good as the first row, if not better, so why not let other people have a chance? pfft.

I was one of the first 100, and was VERY lucky to have an isle seat every time.. i like to get in the isle because im REALLY short.. so when im not in the isle i can basically see nothing! lol.

i liked the way the seating was set out, all the talks were awesome.

I was s87 but never really managed to get a good seat. I was either at the back or right at the side where someone tall or holding a camera was sat. But meh, I did get a fairly good view of the Saturday talk with Sendhil and Santiago, so that was all good.

Edited by Lenatalia

The seating arrangements was ok ish, it was more down to people deliberatly sitting in the way that annoyed me most.

For saturday me and my friends were in a little late. Now we were all different groups yet we all managed to go down a little bit further than halfway from the front and sat together.

Sunday we were there before talks, so was trying to find a seat. I was Micha's Misfits so one of the crew pointed to a row again about halfway back and said my group could sit anywhere from that row backwards. Funny thing is, there was NO-ONE at all in front on the whole left side of the hall until the gold seats, then the crew member vanished and suddenly anyone and everyone surged forward into the empty spaces..had a nice clear view of the stage for a while till the surge forward..I was already dug in so no point moving forward too!

For sun afternoon, this huge guy (height and build) and his almost as big friend sat almost center on the front row, and a rather large lady sat a few rows back, meaning rest of the afternoon talks I couldnt see the guests directly and had to watch the screens..ok fair enough people can sit anywhere, but the taller people do they really have to sit up as straight as they can right down the front and block everyones views? Most of my camera photos have 2 heads in the way, and this is after lifting the camera about 8ft in the air!

Perhaps different crew were saying different things. I managed to get seats around 9 or 10 rows back for all but 1 of the talks. I was told I could sit anywhere behind the first 100. Nobody seemed to want to sit on the left side, which is how I got so far forward. I was also able to stand on the side and take a few half decent pics without getting in anyones way behind me.

Incidently, all the pictures I took without the flash on came out better than the ones with the flash. In the time they gave us I could only manage to take 2 or 3 pics with the flash as my camera takes forever!

My only concern was this: the combination of the proximity of the front row to the stage, and the curved arrangement of the guests' chairs for the "group talk" meant that I could not get any decent photos of the 2 left-most guests (David and Noah, as it happens). Having the guest's chairs in a straight line would have solved this, but I realise that the curved arrangement allowed the 6 guests to more easily interact.

I'm just being fussy! :)

I think it worked better on the Sunday for the group talk as when you were called in they had crew telling you which rows your group could start from as I know on Saturday people with higher groups were sat in front of us!!

But it was fine...I am also pretty short so couldn't see the stage but I could see the screen really clearly from where I was sat!!

• Showmasters Admin

We tried to police the seating the best we could but as you can imagine with 700 people coming through the doors, some things got missed.

On the whole I felt the loading of the hall went well.

I agree that a couple of thing need keeping an eye on.

1: People running (barging) to the front seats.

2: People holding seats at entry.

3: People holding cameras at head height for long periods of time.

Staggering the seats would make a huge difference I think. Even with a gold pass, and sitting in the second or third row, sometimes I couldnt see the guests and at the last talk I couldnt see Cristine at all, despite being on the third row, 2 in from the aisle. Plus having a screen on both sides of the hall would help as when I was sat on the left hand side I couldnt see the screen.

i was in the high 300's and got in arround the middle of the hall,not a great seat for seeing the guests but i could see the large screen ok.

as i wasnt wanting to take photos and only went to hear the guests talk i thought it was good because i heard everything they had to say.

Thanks for the info, kinda puts me in two minds about going to Chevron 7 now, as I'm short myself and have a good camera which I bought specifically to take good pics at convetions (as well as other things) and if I can't garantee getting any good pics of the guests due to having a hight ticket number or having to loose my nice seet, so I can wander the stalls, and maybe make the stall holders some money, then I'm not sure its worth the money to go for me....

^_^

LLAP :borg:

maybe there should be signs on the backs of the chairs down the side as you come in, *do you know where i mean? couldnt describe it well, so uhhh, the far right chairs?* so you know where your group is sat?

not sure how this would work though, as im sure some rude people would still sit where they arent meant to