keeping you all in the loop on Lockdown

• Showmasters Admin

hi all

i just want to say even though we are very busy with this weekends con we are still working on Lockdown we are fans of this show and we want to run the best event we can

we have had some unexpected difficulties with getting guests for this event, the main one is that J J Abrams has decided to put back the release of Star Trek which allows him to go back to filming Lost and this is now affected us badly, as he wants most of the cast to stay on set even if they are down for filming or not incase he needs them

we want this event to be the best event for lost fans in the world but we have been unlucky.

we are still working on this Convention we will not give up on it and it will happen it may just not be the big A list event we had hopped for

your support of this event insures that it happens and that we will get the chance to grow and run a Lost Convention next year were we can get more A list guests

the guests we have coming are looking forward to the event, so you will all get to know them well.

one last thing most of the main cast knows who we are now so if we do not get the gusts you want to see this time we will get there in the end

well i thought i would put you all in the picture and be honest and up front with you all

i hope you all understand we try and still do our best to put on an amazing event

thanks for your time

jason

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for keeping in the loop SM, means alot to us to have the info and know whats going on. Few questions if pos: Just wondered what this means in regards to Henry? Will it affect his appearance? Also what is happening in regards to a 6th guest? Will we just have the 5 now or are you still looking at side characters for potential guests? Thanks again

thanks for keeping us in the loop, i just hope HIC can still come, at least next year we should get an a list lineup and its soo cool that the guests are excited for this event!, more hanging out time hehe:)

i heard with eclipse that the guests are invited to the regular parties too its just theyre decision whether to show up or not :D

but anyway WOOO LOCKDOWN

Sad to hear that. Relating to the Star Trek, for the Eclipse event would Zachary Quinto had been able to come now? I know there's nothing that can be done now and he won't be there.

It's just a question but...

Aren't they filming the begining of Heroes volume III ?

Since the strike stopped, most of the TV Shows are now filming back... but i have no news about heroes...

Edited by sebastianillyria

Sad to hear that. Relating to the Star Trek, for the Eclipse event would Zachary Quinto had been able to come now? I know there's nothing that can be done now and he won't be there.

It's just a question but...

Aren't they filming the begining of Heroes volume III ?

Since the strike stopped, most of the TV Shows are now filming back... but i have no news about heroes...

Why are Sendhil, Noah, Christine who are main cast members coming this weekend ?.

Heroes vol 3 starts filming in May.

Thank you very much ! ;)

I will stop to look for pictures :whistling:

Why are Sendhil, Noah, Christine who are main cast members coming this weekend ?.

When Hayden, Peter, Adrian and Jack were at LFCC in september 2007, I know that Hayden was filming heroes the following week...

So it was possible they are filming the volume III since a few days and they can come at Eclipse :headscratch:

All they actors are not always filming together. Particularly in heroes, Denis Hammer spok about that and particularly since the second volume.

But Bob D answered this question.

I think it's more difficult for LOST actors to leave Hawaii only for a 3-days con.

Edited by sebastianillyria

Thanks for the reply Jason, to be honest I've not seen anyone criticising on the commitment or work that you guys put into this (or any other) event. I think we've just been expressing the frustration that you are probably feeling and the concern that this event may not be as well attended as any of us would like because of the problems getting guests (and also the fact that there are a lot of events around this time.)

I would suggest that perhaps this statement was given perhaps a week or three later than would have been ideal.

• Showmasters Admin

Thanks for the reply Jason, to be honest I've not seen anyone criticising on the commitment or work that you guys put into this (or any other) event. I think we've just been expressing the frustration that you are probably feeling and the concern that this event may not be as well attended as any of us would like because of the problems getting guests (and also the fact that there are a lot of events around this time.)

I would suggest that perhaps this statement was given perhaps a week or three later than would have been ideal.

we could not find out what was going on from any one as i do not think the people involved new any more than us apart from production not letting them commit to the event now we know why

as we say as soon as it is conformed and is fact we tell you we have to do it this way as we here lots or rumors we would be going back and forth on every thing and no one would know what to think

so we do it this way facts only

well thanks for all understanding it will be a fun event anyway :headscratch:

jason :whistling:

Thanks for the update. Truthfully - I thought there would be bigger support for this event from the fans. I know that I'm excited to go. I totally understand all of your (Showmaster's) issues and I'm betting that the strike put a big cramp in your sides regarding getting guests to free up time and sign on. :headscratch:

But the strike did happen - and it did screw around with this convention a bit - but maybe from all of this will come a stronger Lost con for next year? I hope that's the case.

It's good to get an update that contains no cancellations and to know that the guests already signed on are excited to come.

Hoping you get a confirmation on the 6th one soon... we are dying here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whistling:

LOL.

B

Edited by So Bella

Thanks for the update. I'll be there next time too and will be proud to say that I was there at Lockdown #1!!

That's how I feel. ('Cept I don't know if I could make the same trip next year. This one cost me alot of $$).

:headscratch:

B

Thanks for the update. I'll be there next time too and will be proud to say that I was there at Lockdown #1!!

That's how I feel. ('Cept I don't know if I could make the same trip next year. This one cost me alot of $$).

B

You're coming from the US? I'm impressed. And jealous :)

B

I thought like you when i wrote that...

Is it possible our support to the con would be awarded :P

I mean I'm sure you do all you can so that Lockdown will be as great as possible. :thumbup:

I've just one thing which makes me a little angry because i heard this argument a lot of time :uhoh:

It's when we speak about next convention...

because all people have not the possibility to attendee all the events, that's why i thought about award :poki:

I have the exemple about another convention with several actors who canceled and organiser told "we do the best to run another con next year"... Next year is 2008 and in fact some of the canceled actors would be there... but i had money last year for the last event, but not this year for this event...

So i just want to say that every event is an independant event, and people who attendee one convention are not the same who will attendee the next. And i don't think speaking about next con is a good idea, sometimes it could make people more angry or sad or what you want...

B

You're coming from the US? I'm impressed. And jealous :)

Yes. It's crazy, I know. It's putting a cramp in my financial situation.:whistling: I'm probably giving up some beach days this summer by traveling to England for a Lost con. My husband doesn't get it. LOL. But, I love to travel and I love the show - and when the opportunity presented itself last year - I said "why not?"

Jealousy is so not necessary - you Brits (and I say that lovingly) have a much better health care system than we can ever wish for! - I would consider my family at the lower end of the middle class. My health insurance sucks, big time. (I look at it that way because I've got a kid who needs yearly check ups, eye exams, teeth cleanings, etc. - not to mention the same for my hubby and myself). If I had the security of a good job with decent pay in England or France - heck, even Canada - I would move out of this country in a second, just for the health care, among other obvious reasons. But the shopping is good here, I have to say. :chair:

B

Yes. It's crazy, I know. It's putting a cramp in my financial situation.:headscratch: I'm probably giving up some beach days this summer by traveling to England for a Lost con. My husband doesn't get it. LOL. But, I love to travel and I love the show - and when the opportunity presented itself last year - I said "why not?"

Jealousy is so not necessary - you Brits (and I say that lovingly) have a much better health care system than we can ever wish for! - I would consider my family at the lower end of the middle class. My health insurance sucks, big time. (I look at it that way because I've got a kid who needs yearly check ups, eye exams, teeth cleanings, etc. - not to mention the same for my hubby and myself). If I had the security of a good job with decent pay in England or France - heck, even Canada - I would move out of this country in a second, just for the health care, among other obvious reasons. But the shopping is good here, I have to say. :whistling:

Oh, we're so going to have to meet up at Lockdown!! You can tell me all about the US - I'm desperate to emigrate there, with my hubby and daughter :)

May I ask why you're so keen to go, Kayim? We have it SO much better here.

I honestly dont know :) It's just been a dream of mine for a long, long time. I am fascinated by everything American and I've always hoped to live there.

It's not likely to happen though - it costs a lot to emigrate :D

Yes. It's crazy, I know. It's putting a cramp in my financial situation.:headscratch: I'm probably giving up some beach days this summer by traveling to England for a Lost con. My husband doesn't get it. LOL. But, I love to travel and I love the show - and when the opportunity presented itself last year - I said "why not?"

Jealousy is so not necessary - you Brits (and I say that lovingly) have a much better health care system than we can ever wish for! - I would consider my family at the lower end of the middle class. My health insurance sucks, big time. (I look at it that way because I've got a kid who needs yearly check ups, eye exams, teeth cleanings, etc. - not to mention the same for my hubby and myself). If I had the security of a good job with decent pay in England or France - heck, even Canada - I would move out of this country in a second, just for the health care, among other obvious reasons. But the shopping is good here, I have to say. :YAHOO:

Oh, we're so going to have to meet up at Lockdown!! You can tell me all about the US - I'm desperate to emigrate there, with my hubby and daughter :)

Yes!! I would love to meet up and chat!! Seems like we have a lot in common! Do you have a Gold pass? I'll be at the Park in Hotel from Thursday the 3rd until Monday morning after the event is over (Cheaper to travel on the weekdays). Send me an email so we can chat: deelovelee@aol.com

I've only met 2 people online here at this forum so I feel like I'm walking into the unknown. LOL. But I've been assured that the people who go to these things are super friendly - and you always make fast friends. I hope that's how it goes.

~Oh, and I agree with the poster (Psychosis) who says you have it so much better there~ You really do. My huband immigrated here 18 years ago and had a rough start. (He's from Montenegro and he lived in London for 6 months prior to moving here). I'd say your best bet is vacationing here is great but coming to live.. hard. OK.. enough babble. Really, send me an email - I can talk your ears off.

B

Edited by So Bella

Thanks a lot SM.

I have to say I actually love this line up, and would go to Lockdown 2 even if it was the exact same guests again. Despite the problems we have awesome guests. Although from the sound of things Henry will probably have to cancel, but that's the way things go I suppose.