Just plain Disapointing

locke

My friends and I bought tickets months ago when only Desmond was announced, with the expectation of more guests, firstly, it took a long time for more guests to be announced which was worrying, but also the standard of guest is quite disappointing, with most only playing a small insignificant role in the show, and could easily have been replaced within the show itself and not made a major impact. Now most of my friends have decided not to go, and that they standard of guest isn't worth the money, although I'm still attending I can see where they're coming from and it's a great shame. It's also making it worse that we have to wait for this next "star" guest, if there isn't enough warning, people won't be able to book the time off work and attend, which would also be a shame, so I guess the main aim of this is to tell show masters to get their asses in gear!

I know this may have all been said before but I had to vent my grievances.

Edited by locke

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a lot of us that feel this way, only recently I was saying how I wished they'd announced the lower class guests first so that people understood what to expect, instead of announcing Henry Ian Cusick first which gave people the impression that all guests would be of the same high standard.

There's nothing we can do about it now so I've come to the decision that I'm not going to worry about it, even if all the guests cancel (which they wont, but worst case scenario) I'll still have a great time at the parties and meeting new people.

Obviously I would prefer the main actors as guests, but as a Lost obsessive (and I'm in no way saying your not a Lost obsessive) I would love any guest from Lost I can get my hands on. In the gap from October-February when we had nothing I would of 100% agreed with you but now I can't wait for Lockdown and can't wait to meet all the guests! Although as Lockdown is little over 3 weeks away, I would hope the last guest is going to be announced soon so I can get 8x10's printed off etc.

i have to agree with lambourne. i'm a lost fanatic and would love to meet all the guests, but i no lots of people who dont want to. everyones entitled to their opinion so its their choice if they dont wanna go but if they've already paid for it, i dont think they can get a re-fund.

I gotta agree to some extent with locke here...I too hoped for "bigger guests" but I decided long ago that hey it's STILL Lost, I still get to meet some Lost actors and I get to party with fellow Losties, so I'm just gonna go there, have fun and just enjoy myself lol. I know some ppl going anyways from the boards so it'll be nice to put faces to the nicks on the boards :P.

I understand all of you but I also agree with locke.

To me it´s not that I´m not a Lost fanatic because I am, I have been all into LOST since Season 1, totally obssesed with it.

The problem in my case is that I´m from Spain and I´m already going to Eclipse. If I lived there in the UK I would go to Lockdown no matter what, even if Claire´s mother was the only guest, lol (nothing against that actress, it was just an example to refer to someone not that important on the show).

But living that far away, I would really appreciate it if Showmasters could announce the last guest as soon as possible because I will take the decision regarding if I go or I don´t with the last guest announcement.

I know I shouldn´t go just because one guest but I´d LOVE to meet Henry and would like to meet Mikhail (sorry can´t remember the actor´s name right now) so if the last guest was one of ones that I´d also love to meet I would book the flight right away!

I just need one more name to decide if I go or not. I would love to meet Henry, I´d love to go to the convention because I´m totally addicted to LOST and I´m sure I´m going to have a great weekend at ECLIPSE, but it´s SO expensive to me that I really need at least one more reason why I should go, that´s all :P

When Lockdown was first announced, I was really excited and assumed I'd be going along to it, because I'm such a Lost obsessive. However, the line-up of guests has been so disappointing. The way things are now, it just isn't going to be worth the time, money and travelling for me. To be honest I'd expected a few more big names, and although we're getting one more big name announcement, it's coming too late for me to be able to go even if it was someone like Josh Holloway or Terry O'Quinn.

Too bad, but what can I do? I do hope everyone who does go has a great time. :)

I was pretty excited when Henry was announced and I'm also pleased as punch that Frederick is going, but I'm still hoping that there will be another big name announced for Lockdown. Otherwise, it's quite disappointing.

I agree with locke and karen. :unsure:

But i have already booked my travel from France and my gold pass and in the 2 cases there is no refund available.

To my mind, it's not a problem that there is "some" characters as the marshal or Yemi or "namaste" :poki: , like for Eclipse there Jessalin Gilsig, but i think if there was ONLY characters like Claire's mother at Eclipse, there would not be so much ticket sale...

When i bought my ticket 5 months ago, i thought that if showmasters could not have one or two actors like Mickael Emerson (i never thought that Sawyer, Kate, jack and perhaps Locke could be there), perhaps they could have main LOST characters they have already had for Collectormania (like shanon, charlie, hurley or Boone). With that kind of actors, i think there would be more ticket sale...

Now the only thing i hope for Eclipse is that Henry Ian Cusick would be there, because I think he is in hawai for the season 4 since a few weeks... and without HIC, i know some people who have a pass and who will decide not to come if he could not come...:headscratch:

But finally, i think there will not be a lot of people and it would be a smooth and quite event :D

and in terms of the overall story arc, they've all played an important part.

Je suis d'accord qu'il ne faut pas parler négativement des acteurs qui sont là... ils n'y sont pour rien si d'autres acteurs n'ont pas pu venir... mais dire qu'ils sont tous importants, il ne faut pas exagérer quand même. Acceptes au moins une fois de dire que le casting n'est pas exceptionnel...

OK, i translate because you're a nice boy ! :D

I was just telling that we have not to write negativ comment about the actors who are coming at Lockdown... because they have no relation with the fact that Showmasters could not have others guests. But... you could accept (arretons la mauvaise fois :dance: ) that the casting announced is not "exceptionnel"

Edited by sebastianillyria

• Moderators

It's all been said before, but I still think it's unfair to say something like 'showmasters need to get their asses into gear' or whatever.

It's hardly like they've chosen to specifically only get non-main cast members to **** everyone off. It's clearly an unfortunate set of circumstances that has limited what is available to them.

Truth is no matter how many 'miracles' they seem to perform at other events, it's all down to who's available and sometimes things fall into place, while other times things go against you. It's happened before, it's happening now, and it'll happen again.

That being said, I think the guests we have ARE significant in the show, regardless of how 'small' some of their roles may be. They're far more important than some guests we could've had, and in terms of the overall story arc, they've all played an important part.

Je suis d'accord qu'il ne faut pas parler négativement des acteurs qui sont là... ils n'y sont pour rien si d'autres acteurs n'ont pas pu venir... mais dire qu'ils sont tous importants, il ne faut pas exagérer quand même. Acceptes au moins une fois de dire que le casting n'est pas exceptionnel...

Why is half your post in French. Most people can't read it and I don't get why you didn't type it in English.

Edited by Lambourne

What I think is going on is that maybe (hopefully) the last guest is a main cast member, who is unable to confirm until the call sheets for the episode filming when Lockdown is on goes out.

Also, once the call sheets do go out, Showmasters can attempt to get whoever isn't in the episode. There's usually one or two regulars missing each week.

I'm not ecstatic with the guests we've had so far, but I'm very much looking forward to the event. I'm holding out hope that we'll get one extra awesome reason to do so soon enough.

Exact !

Nothing is sure :headscratch: and there will be no confirmation before the last week i think...

I hope that´s not truth because then I won´t be able to book the flight and plan everything out :dance::unsure:

• Moderators

I was just telling that we have not to write negativ comment about the actors who are coming at Lockdown... because they have no relation with the fact that Showmasters could not have others guests. But... you could accept (arretons la mauvaise fois :unsure: ) that the casting announced is not "exceptionnel"

It's my opinion, as a Lost fan, that the characters played by the guests we have are important. As much as main cast? Of course not, but I'm not saying that.

Mikhail for me was one of the best characters in Season 3, with a good few memorable moments, and a significant part in an exceptional finale.

Yemi's appearance to Eko on the island lends itself to the 'smoke monster' perhaps, which again is extremely significant in the show.

The Dharma tapes have been the source of much mystery for a few seasons now, and Francois continues to appear in them and tease people with new information. They've been one of the key catalysts for speculation between fans, and clearly the Dharma stuff is very important in the overall story arc of Lost.

And while Fredric hasn't had a significant on-island role since the Pilot, the character of Edward was extremely important to Kate and her background. I really enjoyed the dynamic between those two, and that has taken place in something like 9 episodes over the first three seasons.

In all honesty, I could probably list a load of guests that would be less significant than the ones we've got now.

Yes, of course I agree they're not 'main' ones, but I think they're good for secondary characters and I'm genuinely interested in hearing what they all have to say :dance:

If others aren't, then that's fair enough, but I'm sure you respect my opinion too.

I can assure you that you won't find a bigger fan than me, and trust me, that's not an exaggeration, and it's because of that that i would have liked more significant guests, it would have been far more interesting to me to have guests that have played a part in the mystery of the show and find out what their views are on where the show is going, but most of these guests aren't main cast or even regular guests stars, i would have greatly enjoyed L. Scott Caldwell (Rose) as a guest because of how the island has saved her and i would love to hear her views, but 'Kate's policeman' as he will be called by many outsiders isn't significant in where lost is now! But that is also what makes HIC an even better guest, as his latest story line is what I believe the whole show is about and will play a huge part in the overall mystery of the show.

• Moderators

I'm not debating that the guests are or aren't main cast/regular guests etc, but they don't have to be to fulfill your interest in 'guests that have played a part in the mystery of the show' surely.

Yemi's appearance on the island, or the Dharma tapes with the Dr, or Mikhail living in The Flame and having a cat called Nadia and being able to communicate with the outside world etc .. you must see something of some significance there?

Granted Edward Mars has the least connection/s with the mythology and story of Lost, but the rest for me are interlinked in some very interesting and mysterious ways.

The dharma tapes are concluded, we know about dharma, the mystery was ended in 'the man behind the curtain', also the communication with the outside world has been concluded, we know they did communicate with the outside world through Mikhail, and that's how they found out about the survivors, to be honest I wouldn't say their characters are contributing to the mystery at the moment as their time has, in a way, passed.

• Moderators

So basically you only want to meet 'now' people and you'd have no interest in meeting anyone that's had any significance in the past, regardless of answers already being given or not?

That's how I'm reading that.

no, I'd love to meet charlie or dave (hurley's imagionary friend) just 2 examples, because they still play a significant role in the mystery of hurley for example, if hurley's mystery was concluded (totally) then i would see no benefit in meeting dave, whereas past members of the cast such as shannon or boone would also be fantastic guests because they played a big part in the show when they were cast members, little bit clearer?

i think we should all stop argueing

if you dont like the line up dont go.

you cant change the lineup im sure youll have a great time and if you dont im sure that miss "bai ling" will have a spot for you on her quiz team

:P

plus we all have our own opinions on who we think would make great guests i think we should reopen this topic when the 6th guest is announced.

Edited by nikstar1989

• Moderators

Aww, it's not an argument. At least I'm not trying to argue, it's a debate really. I find it quite interesting to see what different people want.

As long as it stays friendly, there's no problem :P