Anybody getting the train from London to Northampton on Friday 14?

I usually use www.thetrainline.co.uk to check train times etc..

There seems to be 2-3 trains per hour that go direct from London Euston to Northampton... The schedule has one at 20 past each hour and 10 to each hour.. as well as the odd other train here and there too...

I'm not sure myself what time I will be heading up... I do need to go into work on that Friday, but can probably leave about lunch time!, so I guess I would maybe try and get a train about 2.20pm or 2.50pm

(The journey time is about 50 minutes on the direct train)

There seems to be 2-3 trains per hour that go direct from London Euston to Northampton... The schedule has one at 20 past each hour and 10 to each hour.. as well as the odd other train here and there too...

I'm going that route, but probably in the morning--it'll depend on how long it takes my dad and I to go through customs and the tubes. We arrive at the airport at about 8:35AM.

hi im getting the train from there to

not sur what time yet tho but going on

my own so if anybody has a fixed time

and need some company let me know

and are people going by normal national

rail trains or virgain trains as i havent booked my

ticket yet please help

hi im getting the train from there to

not sur what time yet tho but going on

my own so if anybody has a fixed time

and need some company let me know

and are people going by normal national

rail trains or virgain trains as i havent booked my

ticket yet please help

Hey Dean, I will also be getting the train on my own... Will be in work that morning and leaving early... so I could arrange to meet u at Euston if u wanted?

I will probably get whichever train is the cheapest, lol... but havent booked anything yet either..

sounds good to me

why dont we all meet at euston station about

2.30 3.00 clock and all get the train down there

we can fill a whole train with heroes fans lol so if

that sounds like a good plan everybody messages back on

here and arrange it

:blink:

OK, well I checked out train times -

14.22 (direct), 14.40 (1 change over), 14.53 (direct), 15.26 (direct), 15.40 (1 change over)

The prices (from www.thetrainline.co.uk) are £21.20 single, or, if you book a return (which I will be taking on the Sunday), a return ticket is £25... therefore saving a lot if your plans involve coming back to London after the con!

Looking at those times above, the direct train at 14.53 is probably best for me.. but if the eariler (or later!?) trains suit other people best, I am happy to change!

Edited by Phoenix Will Rise

I would be looking at any of the 14 hundred times. I have been caught a couple of times taking a train which my ticket did not cover. I bought a supersaver, and some trains you have to pay more depending on what time they get in.

I was going to take one of the buses (Greyfriars, I believe they are called), as I wasn't sure if the trains leave from very close to Heathrow? I'm arriving from the airport, and do not want to deal with having to take a taxi to the train station or anything XD. So yes, I am planning on just taking one of the buses straight to Northampton :).

If anyone has any advice or suggestions (train vs. bus), I'm all ears!

I was going to take one of the buses (Greyfriars, I believe they are called), as I wasn't sure if the trains leave from very close to Heathrow? I'm arriving from the airport, and do not want to deal with having to take a taxi to the train station or anything XD. So yes, I am planning on just taking one of the buses straight to Northampton :).

If anyone has any advice or suggestions (train vs. bus), I'm all ears!

I believe the tubestation is basically right at Heathrow, and from there you can go straight to Euston station--that's what I'm doing, anyways.