General Event Questions & Queries

Queen_Sindel

I'll steal the idea from the Eclipse topic - easier to collect all questions here than trying to keep track of them in the announcement topic. B)

Will this be just Stargate SG-1 or include Atlantis as well?

I have a question......

The child price does that include under 18 months as would be a bit much to pay out.We will have a 16 month olld and 8 weeks old.Dont usually have to pay for them that young.

thanks

when you say 3 day event, are we talking the normal Friday evening, Saturday, Sunday and Sunday evening with staying Sunday night for party?

cheers xx

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more here...

Do you get your photos with (the ones taken with the guests) given back to you signed, seeing as this is a convention rather then a signing event. If not then it would be cheaper for me, if I decide to go, to go for a normal ticket as I don't want a photo with, at a convention, if its not given back to me signed (hey everyones different right)

:D

LLAP :P

• Showmasters Admin

One more here...

Do you get your photos with (the ones taken with the guests) given back to you signed, seeing as this is a convention rather then a signing event. If not then it would be cheaper for me, if I decide to go, to go for a normal ticket as I don't want a photo with, at a convention, if its not given back to me signed (hey everyones different right)

The photo shoot photos will not be given back signed. But you can of course get your photo shoot photo signed as your personal item included in your weekend ticket price.

Daft question from me.......am I right in assuming that if you get a Gold Programme, you still have to pay extra to buy the Photo-shoot tickets? (Sorry....am still a raw newby at this :uhoh: )

You don't have too for the other showmasters conventions (not signing events) that they are putting on, usless you want more then one with each guest that is going, so I assume its the same here, but if I am wrong then someone will no doubt correct me....

Take a look at the link I posted below which refers back to the events main website

http://www.massiveevents.co.uk/chevron7/info.php?programmes

Edited by zebredy

You don't have too for the other showmasters conventions (not signing events) that they are putting on, usless you want more then one with each guest that is going, so I assume its the same here, but if I am wrong then someone will no doubt correct me....

No correction necessary, you are most likely right. :D

The wording on the websites for all events is the same, so I don't see why there would be any changes for Chevron compared to Eclipse and Lockdown.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

No correction necessary, you are most likely right. :D

The wording on the websites for all events is the same, so I don't see why there would be any changes for Chevron compared to Eclipse and Lockdown.

Fantastic - thanks for that (I needed the reassurance and that has just made my day :P )

I apologise in advance for the many more daft questions I will no doubt be asking over the next 5 months (I'm just so excited ^_^ )

Hotel - seems the hotel is already fully booked (they put me on a waiting list) How far away is the IBIS from the event close enough to walk to it each morning and evening ( I've no car) is there a closer hotel?

Am also interested in what time the Event starts on the friday is it 9am or later need to know so i can book an extra night in Hotel if need be!

Thanks

Shirl

Did you specifically mention that you want to book for Chevron 7? I booked my room less than an hour ago without a problem.

The Ibis is the designated overflow hotel for the other conventions held at the Park Inn. So unless you find a B&B inbetween it should be the closest hotel. Going by the map the distance is definitely walkable. :drunk:

Again this is going by what was said about the other events: the event will not start that early in the morning. Late afternoon/early evening was mentioned for Eclipse, so I assume it will be the same here.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Did you specifically mention that you want to book for Chevron 7? I booked my room less than an hour ago without a problem.

The Ibis is the designated overflow hotel for the other conventions held at the Park Inn. So unless you find a B&B inbetween it should be the closest hotel. Going by the map the distance is definitely walkable. :YAHOO:

Again this is going by what was said about the other events: the event will not start that early in the morning. Late afternoon/early evening was mentioned for Eclipse, so I assume it will be the same here.

I'm glad i asked here, just got off the phone again and was told the lady who booked me in had it all wrong and i am now booked in for all 3 nights, thank goodness i asked & thanks for the quick reply you saved my skin lol and yes they do have rooms left :drunk:

You're welcome.

The Park Inn people are really nice, but it looks like there's some persons in reservations who are a little confused. A similar thing happened at Eclipse. ;)

I managed to book mine within a few days. But had to wait for confirmation email because of Christmas and the New Year rush. Booked for all 3 nights. I thinks its a very good rate. It does include breakfast, doesn't it? I'm sure it does.

I'm SO excited about this con. Never had MS for a whole weekend :D Got everything sorted. Room, someone to share with and my tickets...

Bring it on!!!!!

Sam

xxxx

*Very excited... can you tell* :wub:

if anyone wants to know, the ibis is definately in walking distance, it is literally across the road from the park inn.

the park inn is in northampton town centre so has many places to eat within walkin distance. there is a subway, macdonalds, pumpernickles (another sandwich place) there is a weatherspoons pub relatively close aswell and over the road there is a place called Jennys which is a restaurant and arome which is a chinese buffett. if people have cars there is a place called sixfields thats about 10 minutes drive away which has pizza hut, macdopnalds, kfc, red hot ( a world buffett place) old orlean, frankie and bennies, tgi fridays and buddies.

if anyone wants to know anything about Northampton post on here and ill do my best to answer your questions as i live in Northampton.

• 3 weeks later...

and arome which is a chinese buffett.

Chinese Buffet? *perks up* B)

that got my attention too :lol: *remembers Chinese at one of the GMEXs*

heeheehee! :smile:

surfy sah xx

ps-Vicky, what I am wanting to know is how far it is from the train station please? and if one needs to get a bus/taxi etc? cheers muchly!

One more here...

:hathor:

LLAP :smile:

The photo shoot photos will not be given back signed. But you can of course get your photo shoot photo signed as your personal item included in your weekend ticket price.

I have to admit that that does surprise me as this is often the norm (well at SG cons anyways) and for me personally is why I don't get photo shoots at events but rather at cons as it's normally the same price if not £5 cheaper and it includes a signeture :D I wouldn't pay to get a photo shoot signed because what exactly will the guest write? ;) but it often sways me to get a photo shoot if a signeture is included, cause ya get more for your money :D

surfy sah xx

one other Q, just cause I like to have these things set in my head :D

will there be an opppurtunity to get more than 1 item signed? and what is the cost for additional items?

normally pay £10 per extra sig, again another reason why I get some autos as cons rather than shows ;)

surfy sah xx

Edited by Queen_Sindel

the train station isnt that far away to be honest, i wouldnt recommend a bus because they dont stop near the hotel really by the time you have waited, paid got on and travelled you could have walked there.

you could get a taxi, i doubt it would cost much as it is so close. if you have loads of luggage i would say maybe get a taxi but if youve not got much and you dont mind walking then i would walk there. all you need to do is turn left out of the train station cross the road and walk up to the nest set of lights, cross over the road and turn left and walk up a bit and the hotel is there. i will have to check next time im down that was as im assuming there is a path to get there and you dont have towalk all the way arund so leave it with me and ill get back to ya!

• Showmasters Admin

one other Q, just cause I like to have these things set in my head :D

will there be an opppurtunity to get more than 1 item signed? and what is the cost for additional items?

normally pay £10 per extra sig, again another reason why I get some autos as cons rather than shows :D

surfy sah xx

Yes you will be able to get more than your one free personnal item signed. The limit and the prices have not been set yet.

• 5 weeks later...

cool good to know! :YAHOO::rolleyes:

does that mean that SM will have photos available or a print or something for the con? sorry if this Q has been answered in the Hereos/Lockdown thread!

at sh.tcon (if you are wandering where I'm referring to, think Cheltenham 2006) they gave us A5 brochures which made for an awful place to get sigs as how are you supposed to display them? the guests also had to sign over their bio, awful, awful!

at the other SG cons I normally go to, they make a print out of an A4 or slightly longer page with SG artwork on and normally have the con name, the dates, and mini pictures of the guest in character and their name. unfortunately, due to last min cancellations at the last 2007 con, at the first 2008 con we just got an art work print.

they also sell 8x10s which include getting the sig or you can buy a voucher to get your own items signed,

so, bottom line, will there be something like this at Chevron 7? or do we have to bring our own 8x10s/personal items like at the official Vancouver con?

thanks! and sorry! I just like to be well prepared!! :blink:

surfy sah xx

From the FAQ on the website - maybe we should copy the FAQs from there and pin it here. :lol:

Do I need to bring my own photos to be signed?

As part of the event we will be offering a selection of official 10x8 photographs of all the attending guests for you to purchase. But if you have your own photos that you wish to bring, that is fine!

Edited by Queen_Sindel

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there! Hoping someone can help me because I haven't been to a Showmasters event before:

Someone asked previously whether the event will go over Sunday evening and therefore whether we need to book the hotel for Sunday night, but no-one's responded yet. Could someone tell me whether this is the case, as I've only booked for Friday and Saturday and need to extend my booking if it's going on Sunday night too!

Many thanks and look forward to seeing you all there!

Emerald

x

There hasn't been any official information about this yet.

Going from the Eclipse schedule of events (see here: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=36894 ) the closing ceremony there should be finished at around 6.30 PM.

However, sometimes things overrun at events. So this time is not set in stone. It should be a good estimate though if things are done similar to Eclipse at Chevron 7.

Where are you coming from? If you don't live that far away getting home Sunday won't be a problem. If you're coming from abroad like me or if you have several hours to drive you should consider staying Sunday night as well.

Edited by Queen_Sindel