Wrestling event

jonmc999

:YAHOO: Come on if any company can do it then SHOWMASTERS can, it could include some of the classic wrestlers from the 70s 80s and 90s, there are thousands and thousands of wrestling fans in the UK alone who i believe would attend so come on and show your surport :dance:

I love wrestling, but most of the people i would like to see are tied up with WWE, so would be quite difficult to get. Having said that there are some i would be intresting in who arn't like Al Snow, and Rob Van Dam and Mick Foley.

Interesting idea. :thumbup:

Not sure if Showmasters could pull off my 'spin ' on it though.

The idea is to get some of the uk's 'american style wrestlers, and have them take on some of the americans,from WWE, TNA etc. :coolthumb:

They could also have signings etc, I think this would need to be at a large venue though, say the NIA in Birmingham?

• Moderators

Definatly, but, only if there were plenty of TNA Wrestlers there. WWE SUCKS!!!!!

Yet it's far far bigger than TNA, and would bring in a lot more attendees than TNA wrestlers would. Granted, there'd be a few that would be able to pull in people, but I'd think legends, free agents, and WWE wrestlers would form the majority of a successful event.

With the right setup, this could work and work well. There could be a mixture of old time players that now ply their trade as vets in the UK; a host of British talent with a smattering of names from the USA, Mexico and Japan. The independent scene is thriving at the moment with former big names from the WWE, old WCW, TNA and RoH taking bookings. You have a huge fan base for wrestling in the UK, and the WWE is only a small portion of that. You go to any WWE event, and you will see alot of independent t-shirts on view.

Take into account that the WWE have just green lit a territorial office in the UK - one of 3 outside the States.

• Moderators

It might not be financially viable, that's the only problem. As much as we all know there's a fan base out there, is it one that's willing to travel to wherever and pay for autographs etc?

Store signings or fan events attached to actual wrestling events are completely different.

I have no idea how successful Showmasters' previous wrestling guests were but it may not have been encouraging.

Definatly, but, only if there were plenty of TNA Wrestlers there. WWE SUCKS!!!!!

Yet it's far far bigger than TNA, and would bring in a lot more attendees than TNA wrestlers would. Granted, there'd be a few that would be able to pull in people, but I'd think legends, free agents, and WWE wrestlers would form the majority of a successful event.

I never said that WWE wrestlers would not be popular, I only stated that from a personal point of view, I would only come to an event if there were plenty of TNA Wrestlers because the WWE Sucks.

And anyway, seeing as Vince McMahon doesn't even like to call his so called "Superstars" Wrestlers anymore, you would have to call the event the Entertainment Convention or something lame like that.

WWE is a farce. It is a spit in the face of any one who truly apreciates the sport of Wrestling. I love to be entertained, but, what I don't like is to have cheap childish gimmicks shoved down my throught. I could go on, but that is not what this thread is all about.

I would love to see more wrestlers at this show, but hopefully true respectable wrestlers, not cheap gimmick bodybuilders who can't work.

:D

I know the SM die hards that only attend sm events wont care but the 'other event' in exsistence is a good experiment and it will be interesting to see a) how it goes and :D if these guys can do it well.

Let SM run what they run and let true wrestling fans run the wrestling cons. In my opinion we will get much better stars that way!

All i have to say is haha no way no how is this gonner happen got no chance none what so ever :D

Us wwe fans have been trying for years :dance:

Oh did i mention no chance in hell

However if showmasters did i would be forever in your debt :huh: Bring on Triple H just for ME :dance:

Edited by vampess

• 2 weeks later...

The Undertaker

Test

Edge

Billy Kidman

Rhyno

Brian Kendrick

Paul London

Shawn Michaels

Joe Legend (One of the nicest guys you`ll ever meet and also one of the most charismatic)

Demolition (The greatest tag team of all time in my opinion)

Jackie Gayda

Kimberley Page

Trish Stratus

Mickie James

Lilian Garcia

Rue DeBona

The Undertaker

Test

Edge

Billy Kidman

Rhyno

Brian Kendrick

Paul London

Shawn Michaels

Joe Legend (One of the nicest guys you`ll ever meet and also one of the most charismatic)

Demolition (The greatest tag team of all time in my opinion)

Jackie Gayda

Kimberley Page

Trish Stratus

Mickie James

Lilian Garcia

Rue DeBona

totally agree :smile: