Going alone

One of the best things about a weekend convention like this, is that the hotel will be full of like-minded people, who share a common interest. This means that you'll always have something to start a conversation, or knowledge to join in one. Also, if you start talking to someone and don't click with them for whatever reason, there are 798 OTHER people to go and meet. :D

Weekend conventions tend to involve a little bit of queuing, which encourages you to chat to new people and there's a good chance that you'll be sat on a table with new people during the evenings festivities.

All in all, it couldn't be easier to meet people, you just need a little courage (and only a little!)

With any luck, there will be a couple other Heroes fans there... XD

I'm in the same position at current, and I also have the double problem that my mom may have to come with me and waste her vacation trip on a single weekend (she wouldn't mind going, but she'd want to be in the UK for at least a week, which is a bad idea for me because I'd probably fail several courses). And I would totally talk to you. Just don't expect to be able to hear me. =J

OOOh err. Just realised I bought a gold ticket for the event but I dont know anyone else with one so it could be a very lonely nights partying for me :unsure:

Dude/Dudette (not sure which)

Conventions totally rule as you stay in the hotel all weekend. Go out to McDonalds when you promise yourself you won't. Get drunk with complete strangers who turn into lifelong friends.

In other words...you will be fine.

OOOh err. Just realised I bought a gold ticket for the event but I dont know anyone else with one so it could be a very lonely nights partying for me :lol:

Conventions totally rule as you stay in the hotel all weekend. Go out to McDonalds when you promise yourself you won't. Get drunk with complete strangers who turn into lifelong friends.

DUDE all the way! i really should change the nickname :YAHOO:

I already have too many Mcdonalds when home in Wales :unsure:

OOOh err. Just realised I bought a gold ticket for the event but I dont know anyone else with one so it could be a very lonely nights partying for me :lol:

DUDE all the way! i really should change the nickname :YAHOO:

I already have too many Mcdonalds when home in Wales :unsure:

This is the second time I have been wrong. I thought Psychosis was a dude, but it was the other way around. :lol:

OOOh err. Just realised I bought a gold ticket for the event but I dont know anyone else with one so it could be a very lonely nights partying for me :wub:

DUDE all the way! i really should change the nickname ;)

I already have too many Mcdonalds when home in Wales :P

This is the second time I have been wrong. I thought Psychosis was a dude, but it was the other way around. :YAHOO:

Does Psychosis have a cheerleader outfit if I recall? :wub:

Yes, Psychosis does have a cheerleader outfit, therefore I'm thankful she's not a dude :thumbup: lol

LOL :blink: I wouldn't put it past some guys...

And yes, I do! Two, actually. A red one and a blue one.

Edited by Psychosis