Autograph Pricing

KAT

How much are you happy to pay for autographs (be reasonable!)?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. How much are you happy to pay for autographs (be reasonable!)?

• Maximum £15.00 for signed pic
    • Maximum £20.00 for signed pic
    • £20.00 - for signed pic & autograph on own item
    • I will pay any amount

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was talk about this before; hmm having your own thing signed for £5 less than getting the 8x10 signed. But then the 8x10 was "free", well actually they were I got quite a few when I was getting my own items signed.

It's complicated, but I don't think the prices are that bad really; especially when I had a fantastic time and spent way less than what I did when I went to LA to a paid "con" and didn't have to spend money on sigs.

If I really wanted a guest's autograph, I would be happy to pay up to £20 for it but it would be nice to have something of your own signed as well for that price. What I want to pay & what I would pay are 2 different things. ;)

Ahh see I find getting my own things signed to be worth more than the 8x10; only problem is is if you wanted the items personalised.

One of the reasons for high prices are the profit margins from dealers..

You can't blame the guests for thinking they are being exploited..

Personalised photos are not desirable to a dealer, but a treasure to the true fan..

How about a discounted price for personalised photos...

One of the reasons for high prices are the profit margins from dealers..

You can't blame the guests for thinking they are being exploited..

Personalised photos are not desirable to a dealer, but a treasure to the true fan..

How about a discounted price for personalised photos...

I think if it is a personal item like an autograph book or persons own clothing than it should be discounted as they are not able to sell on those type of items to others especially autograph books!!!

MO :huh:

it is an interestying subject but at the end of the day if you had to pay lets say 3o guid to meet BRAD PITT? would you plus autograph i think it depends on if you really want to see and talk to who ever.

i would pay 30 guid to get an autograph of brad pitt and meet him but i wouldn pay that much for daniel radcliffe.

I had a firm agreement with myself to not spend more than £100 all in all, but I broke this promise to myself thanks to all that Hobbit action going on. I would definitaly not spend any more than £15 per autograph on anyone but Elijah and some of the main Lord Of The Rings cast, but £20 for Elijah and Dom, expensive but definitely worth it! :D

• 1 month later...

A cheaper price for a personalised autograph is a good idea, but the problem with that is that everyone (bar the dealers!) would want a personalised one, if they didn't already, & the time aspect would be a problem! I had no problem paying £20 for the hobbits, my friends all thought I was mad, but I think if you really want to meet the person & you've saved up for it then price isn't really an issue. I did think it was expensive, especially when converted into euros (nearly 30!), & it cleaned out my savings, but to me it was well worth it! :D

I know some people who will got pay at all for an autograph, they think that if they have to pay anything its a rip off, I think completely differently, Showmasters must go to alot of trouble to get top guests over here and remember, entrance is free unlike other shows that charge upto £60 and then still get you to pay £15-£20 for the autograph so in comparison, the prices Collectormania charge are very reasonable and I have no problem spending £20 for an autograph from a top star.

The chances are this note will get deleted. BUT I have mentioned price is no object for me BUT on the conversation for value for money. Yes other people DO charge you to get in BUT of two places I could mention that most of you go (Somewhere in London and Birmingham), if you add the price of parking and enterance together plus the fact that people were cheaper for personnal items....They STILL come out far cheaper than collectormania!!

That is not a dig...just a fact

Well it shouldn't be deleted because you aren't actively advertising any other shows, just commenting on how cheaper they are in comparison.

But you are right, the other show's guests worked out slightly cheaper than Collectormania. Maybe a fiver cheaper on average per guest.

I will still attend ALL of these shows so long as they provide guests I want to meet!

:D

Yes, you hit the nail on the head.

Price has nothing to do with whether we buy an autograph or not (Although I would have bought more than one from Madaline Smith had she not been £20 for personnal item..£20!! who does she think she is?) but whether we want to meet that person.

But on the price subject...If they were cheaper, chances are I'd get more of each and as such they'll make MORE money out of me.

How can Doug Bradley be £15 for personnal item one week and £5 a few weeks later??

Yes, you hit the nail on the head.

Price has nothing to do with whether we buy an autograph or not (Although I would have bought more than one from Madaline Smith had she not been £20 for personnal item..£20!! who does she think she is?) but whether we want to meet that person.

But on the price subject...If they were cheaper, chances are I'd get more of each and as such they'll make MORE money out of me.

How can Doug Bradley be £15 for personnal item one week and £5 a few weeks later??

I couldn't agree more. The NEC had a lot of Bond stars at 20 quid each (photo OR own item) which is a bit crap. C4 charged 15 quid for Mr Sulu, Robocop and spam Galore. What makes these people think they are worth 20 quid because they were 15th on the running order for a 20+ year old Bond movie ? :lol::lol:

I also take your point about Doug Bradley. However, it's really up to whomever is hosting a star, be it the event itself, or a dealer. I have to say I waited to get him at the NEC because I saw that one coming. I paid 20 for Elijah, naturally and Margot Kidder (Lois Lane) and I know Mr Kilmer will be at least that at LFACC.

Like you say, it's more about how much you want to meet someone. You usually get plenty of notice of events nowadays, allowing you to save up for an event if need be !

The problem with all these conventions are that the organisers arrange the prices for signings. It all boils down to how much they have to pay for that star to get over here.

There are always chances that some actors might have there own space at conventions etc. At this point they might only charge £5 or £10. An example of this is Mike Edmonds (Star Wars fans should know him). I think if I remember correctly, he was at a Collectormania show, but not working for Showmaters, so he pocketed all the money. His autos were on £5 each.