RALPH BROWN - Who met him?

nicky

I wasn't at LFCC but would like to have asked about his thoughts and expereinces on Alien 3 and if he's seen the Assembley Cut.

Apparaently Alien 3 director David Fincher is a big fan of Withnail And I and even originally offered Charles Dance's role (Clemens) to Richard E. Grant first in an attempt to reunite him with Paul McGann and Ralph Brown as a Withnail And I homage.

Edited by nicky

Have to admit I found him a bit unresponsive, it may have been that when I was in his queue was when he was quite busy early on Saturday and maybe he was a bit consious of wanting to keep the line moving. He was polite enough and certainly not rude or anything just a bit removed somehow

anyone get any pictures of/with him, and did anyone ask him about Wayne's World??

I did and I did lol

He said Wayne's World 2 was probably his favourite gig. He said it was great fun to do and that Aerosmith were amazing to hang out with, very chilled and friendly.

I thought Ralph was really nice and friendly although he did start to look at me oddly after a while as I was rather excited to meet him lol

I'll post my pic as soon as I get a chance.

Spoke briefly about Star Wars, he commented that he really liked my TPM poster :poki:, i got a photo with him and will post it up soon. He was a great guest, and I thought he was going to be £15 so when he was £10 i was rather happy :)

Got a really nice pic with him.

I was so pleased to meet him, he was a little unresponsive at first, but once you got him chatting he was ok. I don't think he's one of those really responsive excitable people.

He was good enough to personalise our stuff and even put a quote on our Withnail and I photo.

So glad we met him :poki:

Have to admit I found him a bit unresponsive,
Don't take it personally and dont worry, he's generally like that I think. He's pleasant enough, just a bit quiet I found.

I didnt go to LFCC but met him in 1999 at the Aliens Fan Club con and he was pretty much the same with me as folks here are saying. There were less than 100 people as it was a very small con in a hotel room in Shepperton. After his talk fans queued up for a sig but didnt really stop to talk and he went thru everyone in about 45 mins. Afterwards when he was just packing his stuff at the desk I went back to him to get a pic with him - I'm one of the very few people there that actually chatted to him for a while.

I was his guest assistant all day on Saturday, honestly one of the most interesting guests i've encountered so far. Very nice guy! He said he really enjoyed the day and wishes he'd come back on Sunday after hearing how busy it was.

He was good enough to personalise our stuff and even put a quote on our Withnail and I photo.

He put a quote on my pic without me asking lol

The only thing i was disappointed with was that he had no Wayne's World pics. I mentioned that to him and he said he had a load at home he just didn't think to bring them....dammit!!!

Note to SM: If you are able to get him again can you ask him to Bring Wayne's World piccies....ta muchly!!! :D

He said he really enjoyed the day and wishes he'd come back on Sunday after hearing how busy it was.
How did you get to hear him say that if he wasn't there on Sunday in order to know how busy it was???:headscratch::D:headscratch:

I spoke to him briefly on Monday night via the internet, mentioned how busy Sunday was then.

Sorry, i didn't make that clear :D

• Moderators

I spoke to him briefly about Alien 3 and he said he thought he did some of his best acting on that movie. He seemed happy to chat, so long as you had something to contribute. He wouldn't sit and natter on unprompted, but if you showed a real interest in his work he was happy to chat.

Graham

I was his guest assistant all day on Saturday, honestly one of the most interesting guests i've encountered so far. Very nice guy! He said he really enjoyed the day and wishes he'd come back on Sunday after hearing how busy it was.

I wish he had been there on Sunday. I couldn't go on Saturday because I was at a friend's wedding, but I'd really like to meet Ralph Brown. Please, Showmasters, bring him to another show!