The Talks generally ....

dufresne

I know getting people from the signing table to a talk or photoshoot is sometimes time consuming, but the Lost talk started late and finished early .... it was only about 20 minutes in the long run (or short run!) even before Dominic milked his entrance, and went on to get the majority of questions.

Serious point about the bigger talks generally though - the microphone would be better either carried around the audience, or on a stand at the side for people to queue at, but having it in the middle, the three deep, never shortening queue meant many people in the front half of the seating couldn't see sh12.

I was sat just past the half way mark for the Lost talk, could hardly hear a thing especially from the people asking the questions and couldnt see either because they were standing in the middle opposite Dom and William! I know quite a few people left behind me because it just wasnt worth being there? Me i just enjoyed the sit down on a proper chair! :chair:

What they used to do was have several people around with microphones so that anyone who had a question could put their hand up and they'd come to them. I was sitting right in the middle of a row so to get up and ask a question I'd have probably have had to step on a few toes along the way. I just think the old system was better.

I went to the Billy West talk, which was just amazing! Hearing all those voices coming from him in person blew my mind away! I think Showmasters should try and get more voice artists in the future.

I really enjoyed the talk but I was sitting in the third row so I was nice and close. I've sat near the middle/back in talks and sometimes it has been really hard to hear so I know what that's like.

I agree about the mic being placed in a stupid area. I asked Dom a question and it was really difficult walking to the mic from my seat in the middle of the row. I don't see why a crew member couldn't have just brought the mic to each person like they did before sometimes. Would have saved a lot of irritation.

I went to the trek talk saturday, was half way back though, along the big wide walkway from side to side but on the rear side of it, if that makes sense, but I couldnt hear a thing. Couldnt hear anything that was being asked, and could only occasionally hear Nana and Louise's reply. Didnt do any others after that.

I went to the trek talk saturday, was half way back though, along the big wide walkway from side to side but on the rear side of it, if that makes sense, but I couldnt hear a thing. Couldnt hear anything that was being asked, and could only occasionally hear Nana and Louise's reply. Didnt do any others after that.

I also went to the Trek talk and couldnt hear a thing! What puzzles me is that crew members were walking around Surely they should have realised the guests could not be heard and done something!

I know getting people from the signing table to a talk or photoshoot is sometimes time consuming, but the Lost talk started late and finished early .... it was only about 20 minutes in the long run (or short run!) even before Dominic milked his entrance, and went on to get the majority of questions.

Serious point about the bigger talks generally though - the microphone would be better either carried around the audience, or on a stand at the side for people to queue at, but having it in the middle, the three deep, never shortening queue meant many people in the front half of the seating couldn't see sh12.

Weren't you the one who posted the thread saying people should stop complaining? How ironic.

The reason the sound was so bad was because Sparks had no roof to bounce the sound off back into the room, normally the crew would have been walking round with mics but its was decided i think because people complained that the crew were standing in the way of people view when trying to get the mic to someone that it would be better if the a stand was used.

I went to the Saturday Star Wars talk and the Mads Mikkelssen talk. I could hear the people on the stage fine but not so much the people asking the questions. It would have been nicer if it was easier to get to the microphone to ask questions. For the Star Wars talk I was sitting in the middle of a row and didn't want to tread on peoples toes getting to the front. Nevertheless they were extremely enjoyable talks to go to and I'm glad I went.

I think the idea of having a mic stand was better than having staff walk around with mics - there's less confusion and it seemed like they got through more questions that way...

I did feel sorry for William but I suppose people are more interested in Dom...

The only thing that I didn't like was that last year the talks were on a raised platform so that no matter where you were sat, you could still see what was going on - this year, although I was farely near the front, I couldn't see much for the couple of rows in front of me.