General Event Questions & Queries

I thought I'd start this thread for a couple of reasons - Showmasters are obviously fairly new to running full weekend conventions like this as opposed to the Collectormania/LFCC type events so I think a lot of us are likely to have questions to ask them.

And also because while so far Mark and Jason are doing a fantastic job at weeding the questions out of the event announcement thread, questions can easily get buried in squee (I've been guilty of it myself!) so I'm all for making it easy for them to find stuff like that!

So this is a compilation of the questions they've been asked/answered so far in that thread, which might help anybody who has things to ask but doesn't have time to read the whole announcement thread for their answers!

(Not intending this to be/take the place of an FAQ necessarily, but just to leave the other thread as a nice place for squeeing without getting bogged down by details :poki:)

(Most smilies have sadly been removed due to board limits! Sorry!)

Question:

Aspen: Can we have more details on massive events ltd and its going to be a busy year

Jael001: yes please, I googled them but nothing came up. I'd like to know what their experience is etc, just for reassurance.

Answer:

We are massive events its a new wing of showmasters set up to run smaller more intimate events like this

you could say we have had a little experience grin.gif

we are all looking forward to this one dance.gif

jason

Question:

chris_mk: Any idea how many tickets you're hoping to sell? Is it likely to be at a venue that can hold 800+ or less? I'm only asking because I can't decide whether to buy a gold ticket! Any idea how many guests you're hoping to have (subject to work committments)

Answer:

it will be for around for 800 people

As to stars we are working with 4 agents that rep most of the cast of Heroes so we should do well :poki:

we are working on Heroes guests for the other show we run as well so the agents are getting to know us well

so things are looking good :poki:

Jason

Question:

rainbowsparkle: A Heroes convention sounds like fun, but I just have a small query about the autographs.

In the first post, it says that the free autographs will be on personal items. From experience of other cons that are run this way (ie. all-inclusive tickets), the personal items are not allowed to be unofficial 8 x 10s (or other size pictures) such as may be downloaded off the internet. I understand why not - legal issues and stuff - but this means that for people who only collect autographs on 8 x 10s, the cost can be a bit prohibitive because they're paying up to £80 for entry, parties and autographs on other items, but if they want to get 8 x 10s signed, they have to purchase the official ones on top of the entry fee for between £10 and £20. Which kind of makes the free autographs not free in that instance. Not everyone wants coats, posters, books and DVDs signing - some of us just get the 8 x 10s and display them nicely smile.gif

I'm not suggesting this will be the case for the Heroes con, I'm just asking if it might be, based on similarly organised cons.

Answer:

Your item is whatever you bring to be signed

we are trying to be fair to all and run the best event we can

it is not our aim to charge as much as we can our aim is to run events you can trust and are fun and fair

hope that helps

jason wave.gif

Question:

lams9999: I think this question has been asked above already, but after registering to the store this afternoon, I think it would be safe to clarify what the gold tickets include. Are all the photo sessions included in this price ? That means if we have say 5 guests, we can have 5 pics taken for free (i.e. £75 saved, well not really saved since we pay more but you see the point) ? It's important to know because if I can have a gold pass, it means I don't need to buy a photo shoot with Zachary. I thought this question might be answered much later as I didn't expect the photo sessions tickets to be on sale so early (I mean there are risks of cancellations and therefore lots of work for Jola to refund everyone again...).

Answer:

Hi there,

The gold programme will include one of each photo shoot that we have at the event! :poki: So, if we end up with 6 photo shoots then the gold programme will include one of each of those 6 photo shoots! grin.gif

Hope that clears things up.

Mark grin.gif

Question:

FADPOV: Any info for press? As in coverage of the con, etc

Answer:

I don't think we expect to do anything for the press as the event is aimed at the fans and we are keen to concentrate on them! grin.gif

If nearer the time we find ourselves deluged with press enquiries we may try and do something for them, but only if we can do so in a way that does not take away any time that the fans would have got to spend with the guests. It certainly isn't something that we will be looking at until much nearer the event!

Mark grin.gif

Question:

SerbianJanet: Obviously I don't know what you've got planned, but if like at other events, you have a session that's, say, Zachary and Hayden (I'm using Hayden as an example as a second person because it's so much easier than saying "person B"!) together in one shot, we'd be entitled to those as well as a Zachary solo shot and a Hayden solo shot?

Answer:

Those are good questions! grin.gif

If we have photo shoots with multiple guests in them the gold programme holders will be entitled to them too. Basically, gold programme holders will be entitled to one photo shoot with each guest or group of guests!

Question:

SerbianJanet: Next question, a little simpler - since I see Zachary is listed for Saturday and Sunday photo shoots, will Gold Pass holders be allowed in both days? Or will it just be one? The only reason I'm asking is (not because I'm greedy, honest!) some people (I'm one of them!) sometimes like to get a photo with guests on both days. If only one picture with each guest is included, will we know in advance which day the Gold Pass pictures will be so that we can think about buying a ticket for the second day as well?

Answer:

So far as you other question is concerned, Gold programme holders will get one photo shoot with each guest, so if the guest has a shoot each day then you would only get to attend a shoot on one day. That would not stop you buying a seperate shoot with them the other day though. As a general rule we will try and make gold programme photo shoots on Saturday so if you wanted to buy another shoot then Sunday would be the day to do that for. Zach will definitely bedoing his gold programme shoots on Saturday and if that is going to be different on any future guests that we announce then we will let you know! grin.gif

Sorry that's all a bit wordy and I hope it makes sense!

Mark grin.gif

That's everything so far, from the "New Event Announcement" thread :)

One question that's been asked and not answered yet (because it was only just asked!) is:

Thanks for the info - certainly helps!

I know you're obviously going to get, well, as many guests as possible (!) but is there likely to be a minimum number guaranteed? Photo shoot wise, the Gold Programme option is excellent value if there are, say, five plus guests but less so if there's only a couple! Although of course you do still get a t-shirt :poki:

Now I'll stop being annoying and go :poki:

Edited by SerbianJanet

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a great idea to start a thread like this and if it's okay I'd like to ask a question myself. I am new to conventions as a whole, and have never even been to a con dedicated to one specific TV-show. There's not one actor I think I wouldn't love to get an auto from if possible, so I think it's worth it to get a gold programme.

But is there some sort of guarantee everyone who either buys the seperate tickets for a shoot or gets a gold program will be able to actually get something signed and/or get a photoshoot? It just seems to me that (I am assuming they won't be signing all day for three days but there also will be other events) there will be a lot of fans attending who want autographs and such.

Oh and also to continue about the schedulled Golden programme photoshoots, but you mention that the Zach one (as it looks now) is on Saturday, but say it's around the same time something else is schedulled I'd like to attend am I obligated to go to the Saturday photoshoot (if I have a Golden programme) or am I allowed to change it to Sunday if I address this far in advance?

Thanks for answering :)

Edited by Zarina

• Showmasters Admin

I think it's a great idea to start a thread like this and if it's okay I'd like to ask a question myself. I am new to conventions as a whole, and have never even been to a con dedicated to one specific TV-show. There's not one actor I think I wouldn't love to get an auto from if possible, so I think it's worth it to get a gold programme.

But is there some sort of guarantee everyone who either buys the seperate tickets for a shoot or gets a gold program will be able to actually get something signed and/or get a photoshoot? It just seems to me that (I am assuming they won't be signing all day for three days but there also will be other events) there will be a lot of fans attending who want autographs and such.

Oh and also to continue about the schedulled Golden programme photoshoots, but you mention that the Zach one (as it looks now) is on Saturday, but say it's around the same time something else is schedulled I'd like to attend am I obligated to go to the Saturday photoshoot (if I have a Golden programme) or am I allowed to change it to Sunday if I address this far in advance?

Thanks for answering :)

Hi there,

I agree that this thread is an excellent idea and because of that I have pinned it at the top. I will try and get in and answer any questions as often as I can! :hathor:

Now, for your queries! We do guarantee that everyone at the convention will get at least one personal item signed by each guest in attendance. We also guarantee that everyone who buys a gold programme will get to attend one of each persons photo shoot. They will also get one of each guests autograph on a personal item. Every person who buys an individual photo shoot is also guaranteed that they will get that too! The event schedule will be constructed in a way where that is possible.

So far as the gold programme photo shoots are concerned, we will do our best to schedule all photo shoots when the other stuff that is going on is something that you can dip in and out of so that you dont miss too much of anything. The other thing to bear in mind is that gold programme holders will be the first people through the photo shoots, and so should not have to wait very long at all anyway.

Hope that explains everything. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Mark :borg:

In reply to various questions that are too long to repost here :dance: in the Event Announcement thread: (starting here if you want to read it all!) about how many guests there are likely to be:

Hi there,

It really is impossible to guarantee a certain number of guests for any event, but I do also understand why the question is being asked since this is the first dedicated convention that we have run so there is nothing to look at from before to get an idea of the number of guests likely.

For that reason I do agree that we need to give you an idea, but please be aware that this is in no way a guarantee, as all sorts of things can affect it! We aim to have somewhere between 4 and 6 guests at the event. I can't see it being less than 4, and would be surprised if it was more than 6, but you never know! If you base your bookings on 4 to 6 guests then that should be pretty accurate, and of course if we end up with more than 6 guests by the time the event comes round then that will just be a bonus. :YAHOO:

Once again though, please be aware that this is NOT a guaranteed number of guests, as for many reasons we simply cannot do that, and as other people have said if you are booking purely because of a certain number of guests then you may want to think a little bit about what option you go for. However, I think our reputation with our other events, Collectormania etc, pretty much speaks for itself! Also, remember that we are fans too, and we want to put on the best conventions we can for us and you. Our aim is that everyone has a fantastic time and we don't intend to disappoint! :YAHOO:

Mark :dance:

Now, I have a Very Important Question of my own here!!

Can you guarantee that the Gold Programme (and the event itself)...

...will be awesome enough that it's worth me, a football mad Sunderland season ticket holder, missing our home game with Chelsea?

:dance:

• Showmasters Admin

showmasters ..... i had a problem booking my ticket. i filled in all the fields required but i have'nt got a start date on my card, so i put in when i think it started? if this is'nt right will my order still be processed :D

The shop doesn't automatically process your card. The site purely saves the details and then Jola processes the cards later. If she has a problem processing your card she will send you an e-mail.

Would probably have been better to have felt the start date blank but I'm sure it'll be fine, if not Jola will be in touch. Don't worry.

The problem is that the system won't let you leave the start date blank.

I had the same problem when ordering my ticket.

In reply to various questions that are too long to repost here ;) in the Event Announcement thread: (starting here if you want to read it all!) about how many guests there are likely to be:

Hi there,

It really is impossible to guarantee a certain number of guests for any event, but I do also understand why the question is being asked since this is the first dedicated convention that we have run so there is nothing to look at from before to get an idea of the number of guests likely.

For that reason I do agree that we need to give you an idea, but please be aware that this is in no way a guarantee, as all sorts of things can affect it! We aim to have somewhere between 4 and 6 guests at the event. I can't see it being less than 4, and would be surprised if it was more than 6, but you never know! If you base your bookings on 4 to 6 guests then that should be pretty accurate, and of course if we end up with more than 6 guests by the time the event comes round then that will just be a bonus. :D

Once again though, please be aware that this is NOT a guaranteed number of guests, as for many reasons we simply cannot do that, and as other people have said if you are booking purely because of a certain number of guests then you may want to think a little bit about what option you go for. However, I think our reputation with our other events, Collectormania etc, pretty much speaks for itself! Also, remember that we are fans too, and we want to put on the best conventions we can for us and you. Our aim is that everyone has a fantastic time and we don't intend to disappoint! ;)

Mark B)

Now, I have a Very Important Question of my own here!!

Can you guarantee that the Gold Programme (and the event itself)...

...will be awesome enough that it's worth me, a football mad Sunderland season ticket holder, missing our home game with Chelsea?

B)

Save yourself the trouble of watching your team lose and come to Eclipse instead. :D

• Showmasters Admin

OK in that case use the comment field to let Jola know the start date is not on your card. If you can set it to something stupid like 01/50, this would make it more obvious that it's not real.

showmasters ..... i had a problem booking my ticket. i filled in all the fields required but i have'nt got a start date on my card, so i put in when i think it started? if this is'nt right will my order still be processed :dance:

The shop doesn't automatically process your card. The site purely saves the details and then Jola processes the cards later. If she has a problem processing your card she will send you an e-mail.

Would probably have been better to have felt the start date blank but I'm sure it'll be fine, if not Jola will be in touch. Don't worry.

you cant leave it blank, it wont let you go proceed without putting a date in? i phoned somebody earlier they said that it should be fine but they will email me if there is a problem.

that's why i guessed, i remember reading your post about not being able to place your order. has your order gone through????

OK in that case use the comment field to let Jola know the start date is not on your card. If you can set it to something stupid like 01/50, this would make it more obvious that it's not real.

It also really depends on what you put your card as. As some old switch cards, are now classed as a Visa card.... :dance:

But as Too Tall says - if you can at least get the online order form to accept the booking and if there are any amendments re a start date or issue number, then pop a note on your order that I will pick up.

If there are any problems when I get round to processing the orders then I do always email you to clarify the situation.

Save yourself the trouble of watching your team lose and come to Eclipse instead. :dance:

Well I've already booked my gold programme - I just want a guarantee I'm not going to regret it :D

I mean, I'd hate to miss Chelsea's spectacular 7-0 drubbing of us that will go down in history...

Also, I had the same problem with the Maestro card when booking my Hayden photo for LFCC, and the charge went through fine when I checked my bank account today. I put in what I remember the start date being, too, so it should be fine for you.

Edited by SerbianJanet

It also really depends on what you put your card as. As some old switch cards, are now classed as a Visa card.... :wub:

my debit card used to be switch now it's maestro with no start date :D

Same here, but I just put it through as Switch and put the issue date at the earliest date I could.

There's a comment box when you start your order, so explain your situation here.

I've not had the payment come from my account yet, but was told in another topic that I would be contacted if there was a problem with my payment.

It also really depends on what you put your card as. As some old switch cards, are now classed as a Visa card.... :wub:

my debit card used to be switch now it's maestro with no start date :D

Same here, but I just put it through as Switch and put the issue date at the earliest date I could.

There's a comment box when you start your order, so explain your situation here.

I've not had the payment come from my account yet, but was told in another topic that I would be contacted if there was a problem with my payment.

i did'nt put anything in the comment box? i did phone showmasters and was told that i would be contacted if there is any problems? hopefully there wont be? i used the same card to book my glasgow tickets and photo shoot's ... there was'nt any problems then :D

lynn 35

i think you get a free auto on a person item, and you can buy later a autograph with a pictures included like collectormania.

buy the auto get the pic for free

tbh ... i dont usually bother with my free auto's but if any body has any idea's where i can purchase some heroes 10x8's that will save me some pennies :borg::hathor:

lynn 35

i think you get a free auto on a person item, and you can buy later a autograph with a pictures included like collectormania.

tbh ... i dont usually bother with my free auto's but if any body has any idea's where i can purchase some heroes 10x8's that will save me some pennies :borg::hathor:

I am sure you'll be able to buy some there but I am not always happy with the quality even dealers provide :\

Can't you print them off yourself, or is that not allowed? (I am a convention n00b...)

lynn 35

tbh ... i dont usually bother with my free auto's but if any body has any idea's where i can purchase some heroes 10x8's that will save me some pennies ;):D

I am sure you'll be able to buy some there but I am not always happy with the quality even dealers provide :\

Can't you print them off yourself, or is that not allowed? (I am a convention n00b...)

my printer is poop, i'd rather buy some official one's if possible ;):huh:

Try buying them from www.statesidestills.com or www.moviemarket.co.uk thats where i get mine from ;)

thanx, will check them out ;)

Try buying them from www.statesidestills.com or www.moviemarket.co.uk thats where i get mine from :D

the stateside still has loads of heroes piccie .. THANX :D and only £3 each :huh:

*** showmasters, sorry another question ... was hoping to get confirmation before i rush off and order 1 of each .... if i bring the 10x8 still's (purchased from www.statesidestills.com ) will i definitly be able to get them signed as my personal item. i dont think they are official, will this matter :D ***

lynn.xx

Edited by lynn35

lynn 35

tbh ... i dont usually bother with my free auto's but if any body has any idea's where i can purchase some heroes 10x8's that will save me some pennies ;):D

my printer is poop, i'd rather buy some official one's if possible ;):D

I don't know how it is elsewhere but in the Netherlands you can order prints from your pics in a normal store by sending them an order through the Internet. I did that before and it's perfect quality and supercheap :D