Brandon Routh Photo session problems

freshjim

I Travel 3 hours on the train yesterday to meet brandon routh and to have my photo taken after waiting 2 or so hours they said they wernt handing them out today but they will post them out to me. they asked me to right my discription,what i was wearing ect...

im very worried because they might either lose my details or send me the wrong picture.

if they lose my details what happens to the photo do they go back to show master to be resent if i call?

can anyone help me if they have had this problem before,or have had joy in being sent it.

thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mum has to pick my photo up today cause I was unable to go. Just hope they give it to her. She has that ticket slip anyhow. If not, I hope they keep them there tommorrow.

im hoping that to because im might go up there monday if i can but its so expensive traveling from where i live its £22 up there and the journey. im hope show master read these comments to put our minds at ease.

I don't think you're the only one! The photo shoots for Marsters, Charisma and Brandon were just one massive queue! I queued up an hour for Charisma, then another hour Brandon. When I left at 6 last night they were still waiting for some Marsters ones to come back and there was a queue for the postal form! I left with no photos and they don't have my details and address. Hopefully a friend of mine can pick them up today, if not how do I get them? :borg:

PS Perhaps instead of a form where you "describe" yourself, SM could get some polaroid cameras and take pics of people and they could write their addresses on the bottom of it. It would work out at £1 per pic, but it would save them work when it comes to posting them out to folks.

Edited by A007

Just heard from my mum, she;s got my Brandon photo ( I look very short on it apparently). There were many people collecting photos for friends and family so you'll be OK.

I'm 6 foot 2 tall, and I felt small stood next to him, I'm glad you've got your pic!

Sounds like just another example of the disorganised chaos that was Collectormania 11!

Hmmm, member since December 06 and has only posted 6 times are you here just to slate SM?

Nope, not at all. I went to Collectormania G-MEX in November last year and had a perfectly good day, meeting Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Julie Benz and Dwight Schultz. It was far better organized than yesterday, yesterday was as I said chaotic and overcrowded which led to us not being able to see about 4 of the guests we'd travelled down to see. I have nothing against Showmasters, I believe they are responsible for the Collectables Show at the Birmingham N.E.C also which is exceptionally well organized.

I think that we'll be OK if you can't collect your photos but this may be a slight problem for those people who haven't described themselves very well.

If nothing else, I'm wearing exactly the same shirt as I am in my avatar so I should be easy to trace.

At the end of the day. I'm sure that if there are problems than you could just e-mail a recent picture of yourself to Showmasters and they'll be able to trace you easier than from a description.

But again, we're gonna be OK as forum members with constant contact with SM but what about those folks who ain't forum members and were just 'joe Q. public'?

Here is an idea. Why don't CM scan the pics of the people that have not claimed their photos after Monday. Put them on the forums here and give each photo a number and the person can have a look and email in with that number and say that it's them and they can then be sent the photo.

Because i live far away i can't be there Sunday or Monday and i am just worried the pics will be lost or the forms that we filled out will be lost. I was offered my money back but i don't want that i just want my photo and im sure i speak for everyone that can't come back to collect theirs.

Here is an idea. Why don't CM scan the pics of the people that have not claimed their photos after Monday. Put them on the forums here and give each photo a number and the person can have a look and email in with that number and say that it's them and they can then be sent the photo.

Because i live far away i can't be there Sunday or Monday and i am just worried the pics will be lost or the forms that we filled out will be lost. I was offered my money back but i don't want that i just want my photo and im sure i speak for everyone that can't come back to collect theirs.

i was just thinking that myself (great minds think alike) is there anyway we can get them to do it?

i was just thinking that myself (great minds think alike) is there anyway we can get them to do it?

Im not sure but it does seem the best idea. Rather than having the problem of sending the photos out to the wrong people and having them sent back that will just create more work. This way if they have say 400 photos unclaimed after monday they can put them on here with a contact e mail address and i could email them and say im number 65 and i could be sent that photo. I could send the SM number with the e mail. Just and idea but it does seem the best way. Any idea's anyone?

they could lay them out in sections, take a photo of it, and then put numbers above each photo - that might be quicker than scanning them all. 10 per photo or something.

if that makes sense how i've described it.

You'd need to prove to them it was really you. With another photo, or something. Otherwise anybody else could claim them saying they're you, just to cause chaos. Because you know some people will do that because they're idiots.

Yeah i guess so but they could always put an e mail address up and ask people to send a pic of themselves and the SM number and they could tie the photo up to the picture sent.

As I posted earlier in this topic in the future SM need a few polaroid cameras. Then people who can't hang around all evening can have their picture taken, and then write their address on the white bit on the bottom. SM then match up faces and post them out.