BILL NIGHY: Are you happy with the BIG announcement?

nicky

Is Bill Nighy worthy of being heralded as a "BIG announcment"?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Is Bill Nighy worthy of being heralded as a "BIG announcment"?

• Yes, he's worthy. SM gave us a BIG guest
    • No, he's not that big. Announcment was an anti-climax
    • Unsure

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A publicist is not necessarily responsible for booking convention appearances.

Many actors have a manager, a publicist and quite possible another agent for conventions. And the more people involved in taking care of business for an actor, the bigger the chances that wires do get crossed between them.

• Moderators

There have been a couple of instances where I've known of guests that haven't actually known where they're supposed to be i.e. at what events etc. Like QS said, there are a lot of people involved and not all info gets passed through every person. So while I can't comment on the specifics here, it wouldn't be the first time someone just hasn't been informed.

• Moderators

While I don't know exactly what happened to it, I can say it's NOT the only topic to have just disappeared over the last few days.

There seems to be a problem with quite a few that have been made and/or posted in recently in different sections.

• Showmasters Admin

Here we go again. He is still coming, we wasted time chasing up agents today and they came back with "yes, he is still coming, subject to work commitments as before."

So lets not bite every time someone starts a thread like this.

On that note, why are people contacting agents and managers asking "is it true that thay are attending this event?"

1 We do not go around announcing guests we do not have its a waste of our time and upsets the fans

2 We have proved ourselves so many times on this sort of thing, so have some faith. I know most of you guys and gilrls do

so see you at lfcc

jason

• Showmasters Admin

He was announced about 3 weeks ago.

We'vre been having problems with the forums database and some thread seem to have gone missing. It is being looking into.

Ahh right OK cool well I think he is a fantastic guest!! Runs of to dug out Shaun of the Dead DVD cover I got signed at G-Mex

Too Tall - On another note within the Star Wars section of this forum there is a dead link for CE Guest Rumours for all us guys thats attending Star Wars Celebration, I am not sure if you are aware of this one

Here we go again. He is still coming, we wasted time chasing up agents today and they came back with "yes, he is still coming, subject to work commitments as before."

So lets not bite every time someone starts a thread like this.

On that note, why are people contacting agents and managers asking "is it true that thay are attending this event?"

1 We do not go around announcing guests we do not have its a waste of our time and upsets the fans

2 We have proved ourselves so many times on this sort of thing, so have some faith. I know most of you guys and gilrls do

so see you at lfcc

jason

Nurse Ratchet, please attend to the patient and administer his truth serum medication. :WINCE:

• 2 months later...