Billy Boyd to Sign Campaign

a simpson

Nah save him for another show

I can't get to another show... ;)

If he goes to Collectormania this could be the chance for me to buy a LOTR poster and start getting it signed... :D

trilogy poster

He might not want to sign on Saturday and then play the party as well - it would be like a long work day. Maybe sign on Sunday though?

Hell Yeah!...... :borg: .....I'd back Billy signing any day of the week, month or year!......As for him being too tired to sign the same day as he's playing at the party, when he did ORC in L.A last month, he did a Brunch with an auction, a photo session, and then a signing session all on the same day, and then went on to do the gig on the night-time!.....all with only an hour or so's break in between each one, so I don't think signing on the same day as the party would worry our Billy!.....He's a wonderful, kind man, a hard worker, and a real trooper!!!!!...contrary to what some people believe!..... :D

Come on Showmasters get Billy now!......A lot of his Beecake fans are coming to Collectormania and most of them are not members of this forum!....They want to meet him!.... Two and a half years to have waited for him to come back have been too long!........Since C6 in 2004 he's done 3 ORC's and 2 ELF's, all in the States, and 1 LFACC in 2005 here, so why should the USA get all the luck!.....We want him here!...NOW!!!....:dance:

:dance::dance::chair::chair:

I think it would be really cool if Billy were to make an appearence at C11 (at the event) cause not everyone can get to another show and he is already there... ;)

orrrr maybe the band could appear and sign CDs? I remember Common Rotation doing that before :smile:

surfy sah xx

Hiya all :D

Just thought you might like to see this review that Billy and "Beecake" received from their ORC appearances last month.....I've bunged in a couple of pics from the gigs they've done so far too!......Apart from a couple of covers.....ALL of "Beecakes" music and lyrics are written by Billy!........

Billy Boyd and Co. ready for rock stardom?......

Billy Boyd became a household name by virtue of his portrayal of Peregrin Took in Peter Jackon's cinematic immortalization of Tolkien's epic novel "The Fellowship of the Ring". By the time "The Return of the King" was released in theaters, Billy's fans were pleasantly surprised by his very moving vocal performance of "All Shall Fade". If that wasn't enough, fans learned that the melody was actually written by Billy himself. His natural comedic sense in combination with his keen sense of drama and musical gifts stood as evidence that there was more to this Hobbit than met the eye.

Surely enough, Billy Boyd has a wealth of musical talent as a songwriter, a singer, and a guitarist. Currently, he is nurturing these gifts with his group cheekily called Beecake. Yes, that's Beecake as in "bumble" and not a misspelling of the word "beefcake". The group is not that pretentious. In fact, his four-man band of two guitars, bass and drums is anything but pretentious.

In a special appearance at ORC 2007 in Burbank, CA on March 10, Billy came over with his three band mates from Scotland for a one-hour performance which included such titles as "I'm Sorry", "Friends and Lovers", "Get Myself Arrested", "All You Ever Wanted", "Lost Direction", "Lilac Wine", "Rip It Up", and several others. The music was an eclectic blend of Celtic flavors, funk, blues, and a strong influence by The Beatles, a group Billy says inspired him to start playing rock music many years ago having seen the film "A Hard Day's Night". Among the other artists cited as musical influences are The Who, The Rolling Stones, Dean Martin, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Lou Reed, Crowded House, INXS, The Clash, U2, Japan, Yes, Paul Weller, The The, Ani Difranco, Black Crows, Pearl Jam, Ben Harper, Talking Heads, Beth Orton, The Skidz, Brian Wilson, Kings Of Convenience, Nina Simone, The Associates, The Police, Wilco, Joy Division, Aimee Mann, Adam and the Ants, Sex Pistols, Os Mutantes, Johnny Cash, and The Blue Nile.

Their blending of musical style is not a mere rehash of predictable clichés which often pepper the airwaves in North America. This group has a unique sound which is at once refreshing to hear and quite approachable. Drummer John Crawford laid down one powerfully tasteful groove after the other which proved to be the essential backbone of this group's delivery as it should be with all good rock music. Bass and guitar lines were cleverly interwoven by Rick Martin and Billy Johnston, respectively. There was always something of genuine musical interest going on, whether subtle or full throttle. While all members contributed fine backing vocal skills to their performances, Billy Boyd was clearly the lead singer. At times he played strong chordal guitar rhythms while singing, but at other times he left the accompaniment to his band mates and simply sang his heart out.

And did he ever sing! Boyd's voice is a powerful one, and to hear his performance with this group, one would not readily identify this voice as the same one that rendered the poignant "All Shall Fade". Sure, there were elements of the same sort of expression at times, but Billy offered so much more dynamic range. Often, his voice would soar into the stratosphere with a clarity and staying power that was both surprising and impressive. At times it was a gut-wrenching belt. At other times, it was almost operatic in quality. Yet, his dramatic sense of delivery and good taste afforded him moments of striking lyricism and depth of emotion.

There were none of the amateurish mistakes in the performance that often plague inexperienced groups who naively perform publicly without enough rehearsal. Beecake is a polished band with many years of experience playing in the pubs of Scotland. Their performances have made into at least one film soundtrack, and the group made its BBC television debut "live" on a program called "Offside" in January of this year. Music is clearly a lifelong passion of Billy's, but his film fans can rest assured that his acting career is still in full swing.

As the group played through their selections, I began to long for at least one song on which all four members could just jam without vocals; they were just that good. The set was a little on the short side as is their new CD, which contains only five songs. But it's hard to complain when this group leaves you wanting so much more. Let's hope that there will be more to come!!

From the "Barfly" Gig.....Glasgow 26/01/07

P12600222.jpg

From the "Hotel Cafe" Gig.....Hollywood Blvd 09/03/07

P30400862.jpg

From the "ORC" Gig.... Burbank California 10/03/07

000ee1602.jpg

Lotsa Huggles

white_rider....... :D:wub::wub:

• 2 weeks later...