Latest photo session announcement - JOHN CANDY

showmasters

• Moderators

Realistically, if Showmasters did an announcement about someone like Sarah Michelle Gellar (i.e. someone ALIVE), it'd cause even more of a backlash than this because some people would actually believe it, and get their hopes up, and spread the word etc etc.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor taste would be something along the lines of

NEW PHOTO SESSION ANNOUCEMENT - John Candy's Body!

Yes thats right, Showmasters is pleased to announce that we have recently exhumed John Candy's decaying body and are parading it around for people to take pictures of!

People have mentioned last years with Monroe etc . Someone said about it not being as bad because they have been long dead. Why exactly is that? is there a waiting time before we are allowed to make jokes using dead people?

Also there is no joke derogatory to the actor himself here. Its not as if Showmasters are using his death as a joke for god's sake.

• Moderators

Exactly.

Nothing "sick" or "disrespectful" has actually been said about John in the slightest.

Some people just love any excuse to jump on Showmasters and criticise them, and unfortunately this has proven to be an opportune moment.

What if a relative of John Candy's regularly visited this forum and saw this???

Then they could state whether they are offended or not, and Showmasters could issue an apology to them if necessary.

However, I'm sure they'd see that nothing was said about John in a derogatory fashion, and perhaps they'd even believe than John Candy and humour go hand in hand.

It's analysing it a bit TOO much though I think!

Edited by DavidB

Some people just love any excuse to jump on Showmasters and criticise them, and unfortunately this has proven to be an opportune moment.

Then maybe they shouldn't give people the opportunity to jump on them!

• Moderators

I bet there are so many "jokes" or humorous situations out there online, in newspapers, books, and movies that people have heard, read or seen.

And I bet the majority of them say NOTHING about them whatsoever. How many of you write off to these places and complain? Or even feel that offended? Bet it's not many!

But of course, because it's Showmasters, there are those just waiting in the wings to pick at every possible thing and criticise it.

There are FAR more offensive things than this in the world. What about comments about guests that are announced, saying they're crap or whatever? Do you care about offending ALIVE PEOPLE? Do you think about whose family member will be reading this forum? I highly doubt it.

There's being politically correct and inoffensive and all of that, but there's absolutely no point in a world where you have to watch every last thing you say because SOMEONE SOMEWHERE might be offended by it.

• Moderators

It's April Fools day, everyone lighten up for crying out loud!!!

It seems anything can trigger an arguement on these forums!!!

Yeah well stop using so many !!!!'s moron!!!!

I bet there are so many "jokes" or humorous situations out there online, in newspapers, books, and movies. How many of you write off to these places and complain?
That's right. Other forums like the imdb 'boards, the members absolutely take the pi$$ at any given chance!! This is the big bad cyberworld where everyone mocks everyone and everything. But this forum does tend to pride itself on being friendly and polite and politically correct.

People have mentioned last years with Monroe etc . Someone said about it not being as bad because they have been long dead. Why exactly is that?
:YAHOO: Monroe and Price were vintage stars so the mainstream here on this forum didn't give as much of a toss about them. Candy on the other hand was more recent and people here on this forum remember him more.

What if SM announced Jesus as a guest??

Petmania joke was funny.....

I was offended by the idea of Petmania myself.

Parading animals like that wouldn't be funny at all.

Weren't quite a few of those guests deceased as well? :YAHOO: And Blue Peter's Fred and Freda were - er - one and the same, as they found out too late. :dance:

Oh god, that I'm old enough to know that... :dance::YAHOO:

Why are people so angry? I know many comedians who make fun of the dead... this isn't making fun of, I'm sure the poor guy would have laughed at this... and esp the arguments about it!

Oh come on, which of you are actually going to 'boycot all of sm's events'... we all know that if your fave star, or even a minor person you like is announced, you'll still turn up... you won't just because of a silly april fools joke! And as someone said, people would have been mad if it was someone alive announced and they got they're hopes up... poor SM can't win!

Come on people, lighten up a little! (geez, and i thought I was argumentative, most of you have registered just to argue!!)

*waits for meaningless backlash which I really cba about cos I have more important things in my life*

tee hee... good 1 SM, you rock, thanks 4 cheering me up :YAHOO:

I bet there are so many "jokes" or humorous situations out there online, in newspapers, books, and movies that people have heard, read or seen.

And I bet the majority of them say NOTHING about them whatsoever. How many of you write off to these places and complain? Or even feel that offended? Bet it's not many!

But of course, because it's Showmasters, there are those just waiting in the wings to pick at every possible thing and criticise it.

There are FAR more offensive things than this in the world. What about comments about guests that are announced, saying they're crap or whatever? Do you care about offending ALIVE PEOPLE? Do you think about whose family member will be reading this forum? I highly doubt it.

There's being politically correct and inoffensive and all of that, but there's absolutely no point in a world where you have to watch every last thing you say because SOMEONE SOMEWHERE might be offended by it.

I don't generally come here and pick holes about the whole SM experience, hell I'm normally defending them... but this is just in bad taste. The petmania thing was funny, but this is just disrespectful. I hope that none of the guests were friends of John Candy and take offence at this crap.

I'm disappointed in SM, they're normally a lot better than this.

I don't generally come here and pick holes about the whole SM experience, hell I'm normally defending them... but this is just in bad taste. The petmania thing was funny, but this is just disrespectful. I hope that none of the guests were friends of John Candy and take offence at this crap.

I'm disappointed in SM, they're normally a lot better than this.

I think that friends of John Candy probably have a good sense of humour and won´t take offence.

Wars are going on, politicians lie, children starve. Those things offend me. A joke about a dead guy on an internet forum does not.

What if SM announced Jesus as a guest??

I mucher rather meet Satan