Latest photo session announcement - JOHN CANDY

showmasters

• Moderators

so if your mum dies and I have a good laugh and joke this time next year I hope you understand and see the funny side of it......................

:angry: I hardly think that was called for.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to think that although gone, John has not been forgotten and will continue to make us all smile in many ways much like this April Fools gag.I can of course understand why people would be offended, but hell... when I'm gone I'd be cool with people joking about my death for a chuckle. I'm sure John Candy feels the same.

This is of course assuming Showmasters aren't planning on digging up his remains and propping then up in some small booth for photos. Perhaps even going so far as to add a latex skin and riddle his corpse with animatronics which make him wave and mouth move to spout common Candy character phrases like "Weights in the sled!" and so forth.

Edited by Guy

Oh FFS, come on people...try to laugh once in a while (you never know, you might begin to enjoy it).

Mr Candy himself would've found it funny!

Ah but you have to realise Lee, this is an unprecedented move - a joke about a dead person.

That's why people are so offended. It's never been done before!

... no, wait, I lie. It has been done, in much more offensive and distasteful ways :angry:

so if your mum dies and I have a good laugh and joke this time next year I hope you understand and see the funny side of it......................

Then again, John Candy is more likely to turn up than Christopher Lee and Richard Dreyfuss were ever going to at LFCC.

rich5 - dont ever let ANYONE try to bully\put you off posting. YOU are the main reason i keep checkin out the board!! Laff my ass off at your comments and a few home truths to boot too at times. keep it reeeeeel my friend.

am just hoping the whole lineup for CM11 is an april fool!!!

:angry: I hardly think that was called for.

There's more than a few people I know of who think your very existence is uncalled for.

Hmmm, time for a long metal pole, a raging fire and a spit roast, me thinks.

We'll all have a REALLY good laugh at that!

Always knew Joiner was sick, but April 1st or not, this kind of thing is truly appalling. People seriously need to think about boycotting this and future events from now on.

I doubt all the Hollywood stars who never turn up to Showmasters events will find this funny either. I'm sure John Candy still has a lot of friends.

• Moderators

There's more than a few people I know of who think your very existence is uncalled for.

Well I'm not going to get into a debate about any of the other crap you've said, but do feel free to tell me who exactly?

And who are you as well? I'm more than happy to talk to people, but it's stupid that some feel the need to hide behind weird forum names, or have other people tell me they don't like me.

So please be a little more informative :angry:

No one complained when they did it with Vincent Price and Marilyn Monroe,
I don't remember that, I guess people didn't have a problem with them cos they are classic stars who are long dead...in fact almost famous for being dead(?)

Personally I'm not offended by this spoof announcement, though perhaps this is because I was too young to appreciate John Candy's talents when he died. If it had been River Phoenix instead I would have found it upsetting as he was an actor I genuinely would have loved to meet for his role as the young Indiana Jones in Last Crusade.

• Moderators

Most of us would've been equally disgusted, that disgust not having been diluted by the fact Phoenix bought his demise on himself unlike Candy who had a heart attack.

I assume you won't be answering my question/s on the previous page then? No surprise.

Most of us would've been equally disgusted, that disgust not having been diluted by the fact Phoenix bought his demise on himself unlike Candy who had a heart attack.

I assume you won't be answering my question/s on the previous page then? No surprise.

I try not to pay attention to the lapdog detrius which comes out of your whatever it is.

Anyone who defends them regardless of how low they sink, and then criticises people for finding this "joke" offensive doesn't deserve to be given recognition.

• Moderators

:D ok then, that's fair enough if you want to keep replying with posts that completely avoid answering anything with any substance whatsoever. That's exactly what I'd expected.

Some people like to criticise Showmasters whatever they do, and you're one of them. I've been around long enough to know your type.

Funnily enough they're also the ones that usually (a.) criticise/insult ME and (b.) hide behind weird forum names, which means no-one knows who they are, and consequently can't discuss anything with them in person.

I've had issues with people before, but thankfully some of them such as Nicky (no offence meant!) have the balls to be themselves and have no problem talking to people in person, rather than being just someone who hides on an internet forum anonymously and talks complete sh!t.

Edited by DavidB

I've had issues with people before, but thankfully some of them such as Nicky (no offence meant!) have the balls to be themselves and have no problem talking to people in person, rather than being just someone who hides on an internet forum anonymously and talks complete sh!t.
Yes. I have big brass King Kong size balls and have tracked people down. I talk the talk and walk the walk unlike some assholes who try to talk hardcore from behind the anonymity and safety of a keyboard and sometimes enlist the help of their forum pals. There was this one guy who tried to give it loads just before C10 saying he'd be ready for a "chat" who then turned up to the event with his mum!!! (from what I read here, dunno what he looked like) I would have taken both of them on!!! Edited by nicky

I try not to pay attention to the lapdog detrius which comes out of your whatever it is.

Anyone who defends them regardless of how low they sink, and then criticises people for finding this "joke" offensive doesn't deserve to be given recognition.

I think someone needs to get a grip and realise two things.

1) It was a simple joke, that to be honest was quite funny. People who are offended by this are probably far too sensitive and should lock themselves away from the world in general

2) Arguing on the Internet is like competing in the special Olympics. Even if you win, you are still retarded...

so get a grip Wonder Poodle.

Petmania joke was funny..... but this is awful.

Would you be laughing if we made a sick joke about your dead relatives????

An April Fool's joke is supposed to be something that tricks people in to believing something that is not, but this isn't convincing at all!