cameras

veasse

Hi all you wonderful convention lovers!!

I was just wondering what sort of camera you have and how it works at conventions...

Our camera is complicated to use and is awful in strip lighting... so we are getting anew one and i want to the best peoples advice on this sort of thing,...

So i'm asking you guys!!

Hope to hear from you soon

Andrea xx

Best advice from me is just to get a GOOD digital camera.

I have a Sony DSC-W50 and i love it.

Good luck finding a suitable camera.

Adam

Ooh tell me more as i have ordered one to see what its like... was going to send it back if its no good..

does your con pics come out really clear etc?

bearing in mind my BF is a gadget freak who even poopoos HD sometimes for bad pic quality!

Kirsty HI HI HI how are you... long time no chat!!

Are you going to another show??

hugs

Andrea xx

For the last year or two, I had a KM Dimage Z3, however, especially at gmex and lfcc the lighting has been appalling and all the pics have come out orange/yellow SO, whenever ive had my photo with a guest, ive used my Sony Erriccson K800i camera phone which essensially is a Sony Cybershot in a phone, and that has worked fine (when ive remembered it!).

A couple of examples: KM Dimage Z3 and SE K800i

So anyway, K800i phones are good for photos with guests.

I finally had enough of the other camera after very poor shots at a once in a lifetime event, so I invested in a Canon Powershot S3IS at xmas, and in the 2 events ive used it as so far, its proving VERY good and much better than either of the other cameras! Has many different shooting modes, one of which is specifically for indoor use and filters out the yellow/orange from the lighting and has been very handy so far. Unfortunatly with next months gmex cancellation, wont get to try it out under hall conditions until lfcc in sept.

Okay..I'm a slight camera nazi..it's what happens when you work in Jessops.

Fuji F30 all the way seriously it has a high iso,anti shake reduction and is amazing in low lighting.It won a load of awards last year and I've been amazed by it.It's got some more advanced features like apature and shutter priority modes which are pretty good...but if you want stuff like that then you really need a d-slr.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilmf30/

There really isn't much else that compares in the £150 price range.

Or it's a little bit chunkier side but still a very good camera.

Canon A710is

6xOptical zoom on this one

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/CanonA710IS/

again good in the dodgy lighting with the image stabilisation.

It's got lots of different scene modes too.

Downside it takes AA batteries..and camera's just eat them if you don't use lithium batteries or rechargables.

I've got a Fuji F30 and a Nikon D40 both are awesome

Edited by Tiggsy

Best advice from me is just to get a GOOD digital camera.

I have a Sony DSC-W50 and i love it.

Good luck finding a suitable camera.

Adam

Ooh tell me more as i have ordered one to see what its like... was going to send it back if its no good..

does your con pics come out really clear etc?

bearing in mind my BF is a gadget freak who even poopoos HD sometimes for bad pic quality!

Kirsty HI HI HI how are you... long time no chat!!

Are you going to another show??

hugs

Andrea xx

Hey.

I have taken a lot of clear photos at events. although the lighting at LFACC events can be a bit funny as theres no true light coming into the building. I have given a link for the camera that i got.

Comet Digital Cameras

Go into Comet somewhere and ask them what camera they feel is best. I love my camera DSC-W50 and havent had a single problem with it.

Nicky mate go without saying what? I've never met someone who critises nearly every point someone makes.

Edited by Crostini

If you want a bigger digital camera (ie, not pocket sized), I can recommend the Panasonic Lumix. Mine's an older one but copes with the lighting in all sorts of places (including dark Ring Con halls), on auto is essentially a point and shoot, has anti shake and a huge zoom. It's also very sturdy - mine fell off the car roof and suffered only a cosmetic scratch. cameras2u.com have some good prices, and good customer service too if you know what you're after.

Lumix camera's also have the best lens's out there.Leica lens's.Seriously if you look at the price tag on a Leica camera and your getting one of their lens's on a panasonic it's amazing.Most of the new Panasonic's also have wide angle len's 28mm if i remember correctly.

:blink: Comet and digital camera's

My advice would be to go into your nearest Jessops or Jacobs a dedicated Camera shop.Were not on comission were just trained to give advice on a camera to suit you.

Again though for what you want Fuji F30,Canon A710is or as someone mentioned a lumix