The Guests Aren't As Promising...

celebrityfan

• Moderators

Well that's all you can do really. They're not always (in fact probably NEVER!) going to cater for everyone, which is unfortunate for some, but on the whole they usually do a pretty good job of getting a wide variety of guests :chair:

I'm sure we all have guests we've been requesting for ages but still haven't attended!

Me too, more than Happy to see James and Tony and George H there - bring on the buffy guests always the most popular at these events and it is 10 years since the show began.

i know you will never please everyone though will you, we all have different tastes - but i am more than happy.

Thanks showmasters

nicky x

They've only announced a few guests, and theres loads of time left. Last time the bigger guests like David Wenham, Ian Sommerhalder were announced a week before :D

oh David Wenham? Did I miss that? *pout*

He was great in the Ozzie mini series Seachange if anybody remembers that little show.

collector-man - I haven't changed my profile in months - I love all sorts of different films and TV shows.

When Alan Tudyk came I was really happy, and when Ernie Hudson came. Both great guests - also I enjoy CSI (all three) and no CSI guests have been announced either. I'm a fan of most films and many TV shows but not Angel/Buffy or Star Trek.

thanks for the latest announcements SM... can we have some GOOD guests now please??! Quite frankly I wouldn't walk to the end of my garden to meet ANY of those announced so far, let alone the 300 mile trip that I do twice a year to milton keynes.

As i've said before, each to his\her own, there will obviously be people lovin this line up, but to me it is completely one dimensional.... think outside the box a bit SM... some of us arn't teenagers\in our twenties!

thanks for the latest announcements SM... can we have some GOOD guests now please??! Quite frankly I wouldn't walk to the end of my garden to meet ANY of those announced so far, let alone the 300 mile trip that I do twice a year to milton keynes.

As i've said before, each to his\her own, there will obviously be people lovin this line up, but to me it is completely one dimensional.... think outside the box a bit SM... some of us arn't teenagers\in our twenties!

I'm not a teenager, or in my twenties, and i too do an estimated 300 miles round trip to go to MK. And if i wasn't going to London ( to see James Marsters ) i'd still go for the other guests they've got going. :YAHOO:

thanks for the latest announcements SM... can we have some GOOD guests now please??! Quite frankly I As i've said before, each to his\her own, there will obviously be people lovin this line up, but to me it is completely one dimensional.... think outside the box a bit SM... some of us arn't teenagers\in our twenties!

I'm neither either and I am am still very happy. In fact I am coming in from Germany for the show.

As you say, it's all a matter of taste. And I personally think you're thinking pretty one dimensional when you say only teenagers/people in their twenties love this guest list.

• Moderators

Peter Davison and William Sanderson (only going by the pinned announcements!) aren't likely aimed at teenagers/those in their twenties, surely? Both men have had lengthy careers, and while Dr Who might be the 'in thing' right now, I'm sure most teens wouldn't think of Peter first when they think of a Doctor! And I'm not sure how Sanderson fits into the 'one dimensional' lineup .. he's pretty different to Buffy/Angel/Dr Who etc surely?

Your idea of "GOOD" would probably be rubbish to some other people. There'll always be those who love the guests, and those that aren't that interested. Not much point in insulting the guest list though is there? Just make guest suggestions like the rest of us, and remain hopeful something will come up that fits in with what you like.

think outside the box a bit SM...

They'd have to get themselves out of the box first. A paper bag would cause them problems even on the best of days. :YAHOO:

All most teenage girls/early 20 somethings want are ad nauseum repeat Buffy/LOTR guests, and that's what they're given. That places SM under no pressure to think outside the box.

Can't we have a few proper classy old school actors from time to time?

The whole event calendar is in real need of some good quality guests if people are expected to fork out 20 quid for a signature. I'm looking at quite a few guest lists for upcoming events and wondering why the organisers didn't leave their labotomy until after they'd arranged the guests.

• Moderators

All most teenage girls/early 20 somethings want are ad nauseum repeat Buffy/LOTR guests, and that's what they're given. That places SM under no pressure to think outside the box.

There are plenty of other age groups that attend Showmasters events who are into Buffy/LOTR and other stuff too. The fact is that they're popular guests, and so it makes great business sense to try and appeal to the masses. And by masses I mean some of the most loyal fanbases, as well as casual viewers too.

Something like Autographica is more focused for the older/rarer guest perhaps, even if it's more Space-focused this time round. That's not to say that Collectormania doesn't get some different guests, as I've already said before, but for a show that takes place in a public shopping centre you'd have to assume they're better off with more mainstream recognisable guests.

It's not like they're getting guests that aren't popular, and won't do good business. These fandoms have a proven track record, but they'll never appeal to everyone. It's just the way it goes.

Your idea of "GOOD" would probably be rubbish to some other people. There'll always be those who love the guests, and those that aren't that interested. Not much point in insulting the guest list though is there? Just make guest suggestions like the rest of us, and remain hopeful something will come up that fits in with what you like.

if you'd read my message you would see i said its all about personal taste - it obvious that any guests i would like (my idea of "GOOD") will be "rubbish" to others... just like i think this current line up is so far. I am allowed to have an opinion.

i have offered sugestions on previous messages (none taken up thus far of course!) - feel free to check out my previous posts to see what "rubbish" i requested.

Oh and of corse there are exceptions, not EVERY SINGLE person in their teens or twenties is gonna be mad on buffy\angel\bladdie blah... its a generalisation... gee, get a grip!!! Do me a straw poll on the age group of the fan base for these programmes, it's going to come up 70/80% in that age group. i've yet to see an older person at an event with a tshirt showing these programmes.... (waits for obvious inevitable response "i am 43, and at collectormania 8 i wore.....")

Peter Davison and William Sanderson (only going by the pinned announcements!) aren't likely aimed at teenagers/those in their twenties, surely?

oh and as for the big announcements of Peter Davison and William Sanderson... not really the big names i was looking for.... just waiting for the Dave Prowse announcement.....