everybody please read this

My name is Thomas Howard and i am discraced about the lack of time gone into the Elijah Wood meet. I had waited for 8 hours to meet my favourite person in the whole world and never got to. i had ticket number 728 which is pritty high i know but after people had waited that long to see him you would have thought that they would of at least have your photo taken with them because that is what every fan wants. They stopped this around 600 then you where only aloud 1 autograph per person which i think is unfair because someone saw a person take 18 photos of Elijah Wood in 1 go.

Then we wernt aloud to have it personally signed to us like i wanted mine signed To Thomas, Best Wishes Elijah Wood. But he only signed it Elijah Wood. i didnt even get to shake his hand and as soon as he had signed it i actually got pushed out of the way to the side my mum was there and she got tapped on the shoulder and told to move on.

I think when you have waited that long you should be able to get the items signed and have a photo with them.

PLEASE IF ANYONE READS THIS PLEASE SAY WHAT YOU THINK IT WAS LIKE AND WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN!!!!!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

THOMAS HOWARD

i loooooved meeting him but i know how you feel, i was number 258 and they had already stopped letting people have photos with them or have photos personalized, it was very quick and my dad got pushed out afterwards when he hadn't seen him yet!

but still i think that showmasters did a great job and this really was the best weekend of my life!

i loooooved meeting him but i know how you feel, i was number 258 and they had already stopped letting people have photos with them or have photos personalized, it was very quick and my dad got pushed out afterwards when he hadn't seen him yet!

but still i think that showmasters did a great job and this really was the best weekend of my life!

thanks for that yes it was the best time in my life to but i still would have liked to have actually looked at him

IF SHOWMASTERS READ THIS PLEASE GET HIM BACK NEXT YEAR SO I CAN HAVE ANOTHER CHANCE

Same happened to me.I was number 330. What didn't help in my case was an extremely rude woman muscling in on my meeting with Lij. Still, he was lovely. And I'm still a happy bunny. Met Sean he was a total delight aswell..374 and I got a hug, a photo and it personalized. Limit the number of autographs. Especially in Elijah's case, I think those people taking half a dozen piccy's held him back. LIMIT THEM PEEPS....please xxxxxxx

I had number 119 for Elijah. When I went up then said no photos and no personalisation but i had a little piece of paper with my name on which he saw and wrote my name on the pic before he signed it. I wish I could have had a photo with him. Mmaybe next time..... :angel:

I think when you have waited that long you should be able to get the items signed and have a photo with them.

They have may moved you cause the queues were ENORMOUS, so they wanted to keep them as short as possible to fit more people in (like you).

I had ticket 239 for Elijah and I could not have a picture taken with him or my autograph personalised. I did manage to take loads of photos of Elijah from Dom's queue.

I still think it was amazing but I would have loved it even more if I could have had a photo of Elijah or if he could have wrote my name on the picture :angel:

I had ticket 239 for Elijah and I could not have a picture taken with him or my autograph personalised. I did manage to take loads of photos of Elijah from Dom's queue.

I still think it was amazing but I would have loved it even more if I could have had a photo of Elijah or if he could have wrote my name on the picture :wacko:

Hi we were tickets 359 and 360 (one ticket per person), we used postit notes on the pictures that were to be signed, so without being asked they automatically wrote the name of the person on the photo (without having to ask for them).

Showmasters had posted this on several notices at the event to speed up the queues (this had been done at previous events we have attended).

Elijah commented how professional the postit notes on the photos looked and was happy to personalise them.

Both of us were through very quickly as a result.

ps. we got there at 7.15am (Monday) and met all 4.

I have been to all the collectormania shows so far and they have all been really good. This last one however, I really did think was bad.

Im suprised they didnt get in trouble for the lack of safety.

I saw a pushchair pushed over (with a very small baby inside it) in the rush to see Elijah Wood and Dominic Monaghan.

The baby actually fell out of the pram. Worse than that. All these ridiculous screaming "fans" nearly trampled the baby trying to get past the pram and the mother who was bending down to pick up the baby.

She was also kicked in the head (by accident)

By an over eager, grown man who stepped over the pram.

I dont know what would of happened if there had been a fire scare.

I realise that the organisers of collectormania do their best but I feel its getting to the stage where they wont be able to have the fair at MK hall.

Originally it was great that it was free to get in. But with the collectormania 4 they advertised and advertised and it was just swamped.

They cant keep getting bigger stars and moving in more stalls.

I couldn't even get around the stalls comfortably and easily.

Plus there were people who weren't really interested in the fair but came for a gawp because it was free. So that is even more people.

I think there were just too many big stars at this fair, and some stupid people!

Katie

i had an ace time, and i was one of the lucky people who got an photo with him, though no personalised autograph.

I still had an great time, one of my best weekends ever, meeting elijah wood was amazing, i have been a big fan of his for ages. I even got to hug the guy. But i know what you guys mean, safety issues could of been better, i wonder what sean would say lol, loving the safety talk and all :D

My name is Thomas Howard and i am discraced about the lack of time gone into the Elijah Wood meet. I had waited for 8 hours to meet my favourite person in the whole world and never got to. i had ticket number 728 which is pritty high i know but after people had waited that long to see him you would have thought that they would of at least have your photo taken with them because that is what every fan wants. They stopped this around 600 then you where only aloud 1 autograph per person which i think is unfair because someone saw a person take 18 photos of Elijah Wood in 1 go.

Then we wernt aloud to have it personally signed to us like i wanted mine signed To Thomas, Best Wishes  Elijah Wood. But he only signed it Elijah Wood. i didnt even get to shake his hand and as soon as he had signed it i actually got pushed out of the way to the side my mum was there and she got tapped on the shoulder and told to move on.

PLEASE IF ANYONE READS THIS PLEASE SAY WHAT YOU THINK IT WAS LIKE AND WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN!!!!!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

THOMAS HOWARD

I do understand where you're coming from, and yes it wasn't really fair we could only get 1 thing signed, but the way I look at it was that in the end it didn't matter - we got to meet him, and that's the reason I went. I'd been so stressed all day as I didn't think there was a chance in hell of meeting him (I was ticket no. 882!! :angry: ), so to actually be able to made my entire year! :D And I think the security people were just trying to ensure that everyone got to meet him (don't know if they were dodgy to anyone else?? :huh: ), but they didn't move me on, as Elijah actually spoke to me for a minute or 2, so they couldn't! :D:P

Edited by sarah-monster

I must admit to feeling the same way. My time with Elijah was very short & I wasn't one of the lucky ones who could go back for a second chance on Monday. I got a quick few words & a quick photo (not with him like I wanted) and no personalised autograph. I am a little disappointed but am still extremely grateful that I got to meet him in the first place. I hope he can come to C5 so i can get another 'go' :firedevil:

sarah-monster:

but they didn't move me on, as Elijah actually spoke to me for a minute or 2, so they couldn't!

Nice, the rest of us got moved on in seconds, spent all day waiting to see him and then had 3-6 seconds standing for a sig and move on, at least I can say I was considerate and moved for people, so everyone could get a chance, some of us obviously did not think of others, 2 mins means 30 per hr! joke if everyone did that!!!! :firedevil:

i was about number 350/400 with all 4 of them.

they signed it unpersonalised (except serkis) and i really don't care. they signed it and that's enough for me.

they allowed me to have a picture with them. elijah even took off the sunglasses (after we asked him to take it off. how shameless :) and i got sean and elijah to switch their pencollors and i had a little chat with sean and andy. i just asked them 1 question while signing and they anwsered and afterwards took a picture with em. and it really didn't take longer than a minute for bothe me and my friend.

Congratulations to all the people that got personalisations and pictures taken with him. I was ticket number 102 for Elijah and i only got an autograph (I realise that I'm one of the fortunate few so I'm not going to complain about that at all, I'm just pointing out that anyone in the 600s who got one was very fortunate and anyone that didn't was in the same boat as me and I was at the centre at 0600 so dont feel bad!)

What bothered me was I was told by the steward that I could not ask for personalisations nor could i get a picture with Elijah but that I could take a picture of him as he signed. 15 seconds later when I put my picture down to get signed I took a photo only to have the steward chastise me ("I said you couldn't ask him to pose!") Excuse me since when does taking a picture of him as he is signing classify as posing for pictures? What I did didn't hold up the queue one second and I was following the instructions given to me

In fact the time taken to defend my actions and explain to the steward that he needed to get his facts straight before having a go and making me look stupid/selfish in front of Elijah probably caused a delay that prevented two people at the end of the day from getting through. If this happened with enough people then it isn't hard to see that silly delays like this would have resulted in a hell of a lot of people not getting through that really should have.

I have worked for conventions in autograph lines and experienced hoarseness by the end of the day because I was repeating the same speel over several hours but the key point is that you should repeat the same instructions to EVERYONE and don't have a go at people that innocently do as they are told.

That was my only complaint for the weekend

Which day did you go on mate as I got ticket number 650 yesterday and had to wait until 5.15pm to meet him but when I did they were not taking photos and were only doing 1 autograph, luckily I had bought the litho as the pictures left on the table were terrible and dont know if I was just lucky but I told the guy there that I only had 1 picture left in my camera and he took the camera and said be quick, I asked Elijah for a photo and he agreed so I was very lucky and I now have a picture of my and Elijah, and this was at 5.15pm, I felt very very lucky.

I was really disappointed that I didn't get to see Elijah as I actually wanted to see him becuase I was a fan rather than a seller... I say this becuase I saw a group of guys with a pile of about 10 signed Elijah photos, one was saying 'yes!' and another saying how much money they were going to make :D

Same happened to me.I was number 330. What didn't help in my case was an extremely rude woman muscling in on my meeting with Lij. Still, he was lovely. And I'm still a happy bunny. Met Sean he was a total delight aswell..374 and I got a hug, a photo and it personalized. Limit the number of autographs. Especially in Elijah's case, I think those people taking half a dozen piccy's held him back. LIMIT THEM PEEPS....please xxxxxxx

This is strange...

On the monday Andy and Sean whizzed through their tickets and had free lines where you could just go and chat for a while. Was anyone else there on the monday at the end of the day when they let anyone without a ticket go and see Elijah and Dom? They were signing stuff and you could take photos as long as your camera didn't have a flash (although there were many people who obviously didn't know this cos there were flashes that were blinding me and I was behind the person taking the pic!)

When I saw Elijah on the monday one of the helpers was trying to hurry me along but I still managed to get everything I wanted (by pretending to ignore the guy) so many thanks John!! :firedevil:

oh, adn i never got to meet ANY of the hobbits! and i am totally obsessed with LotRs!!! they are my favourite people, id been counting down to this event since they announced dom!! i never even got as close to elijah as you did...it sucks it had to be so quick but you were SO lucky to get that close to him!!

i got to go to the screenings and they made my weekend so special to me that ive not been posting threads of complaint!!! sure it was busy and fast and messy, but thats coz all the fans are so determined to get near them! SM did what they had to so as many people as possible could meet them...hopefully these guys will be got again so those who didnt meet them at all can get to!!

Ok these events should be about the fans, right?. ok you make loads of money but it is really about the fans. This event was about getting as many people through as possible and thats not so more could meet him , it was all about money!!!!!! You can't call 2 seconds a meeting!!!