Vernon Wells....

hnhismyname

My friend and I met him on Saturday and what a pleasure it was to meet him. He happily added quotes to his autographs, posed for photos and was one of the best guests of the show....well for me anyway.

Edited by Gray Fox

I am just wondering if anyone saw Vernon Wells on Sat or Sun?

I was sitting with him on sat and he was hillarious! Kept messing around.

Anyone got any photos?

Hannah xx

I met him on Saturday, asked if Bennett in Commando was meant to be so Camp. :D

I have a pic but I can't upload to the forum for some reason.....

Figured it out...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/maxieffect/_M...s,%20Vernon.htm

Have a looksy there...

Edited by Maxieffect

I met him on Friday. I went up to see Ernie Hudson and Vernon Wells was sat next to him. Vernon looked at me all sad and said no body loved him. So I told him I'd come and see him. He was really nice when I went up. Kept calling me sweetie and gave me a big hug when I had a photo with him :( really nice guy.

VernonWells1.jpg

Edited by Thanatos

Anyone got any photos?

Hannah xx

I MET HIM ON FRIDAY AND HE FLIRTED WITH MY MUM...( WHO WAS THERE TO SEE ERNIE HUDSON. A VERY FUNNY GUY AND A PLEASURE TO CHAT TO.. GOT A COMMANDO PIC WHICH HE HAPPILY QUOTED FOR ME...TOP MAN. :uhoh::D:(:D:YAHOO:

Met Vernon on Saturday Great guy posed for picture with my son Harvey and had a good chat with my Husband who came as Agent Smith

Elfiexx

hehe i remember you! Your Husband pulled a gun on Clayton didnt he. He was chuckling about that later in the day!

Great Guys! Loved that weekend!

hannah x

I missed C10...

Did he mention a Commando SE DVD or a Mad Max 2 SE DVD to anyone?????????????

Yes he has just finished doing the special editions of one of those films. If not bouth of them. Pretty sure it was commando tho, I havent seen either of the films so i sort of smiled and shut up.

Hope that helps!

H x

Did he mention a Commando SE DVD or a Mad Max 2 SE DVD to anyone?????????????
Yes he has just finished doing the special editions of one of those films. If not bouth of them. I havent seen either of the films so i sort of smiled and shut up.
Those are his 2 most well known roles! What films have you seen him in then? Thanks for the news though, he mentioned them to me a couple yrs ago and I've been waiting ever since. Oh and see Commando, if not for Vernon then for Ahnold Schwarzenegger's best/funniest performance!!! :o Edited by nicky

I met him on Saturday, asked if Bennett in Commando was meant to be so Camp. :(
What was his answer to that? I aksed him about the vest at LFCC1 and it turns out it's actually wool, not chainmail like everyone beleives.

he said he done some research and when playing a psychopath its a really fine line between good and bad, i dont know how to word it and i cant explain it properly something like gay and straight inbetween etc

he told me to shut up when he signed the mad max 2 pic with his commando characters name... got me kinda flustered at the time.

Looking fwd to the Commando and Mad Max 2 SE DVDs...as I understand it Vernon said MM2 was a director's cut and everyone did interviews except Virginia Hay (wanted more money I think)...this was a bout 18 months ago though when he told me this.

He also expected Commado SE DVD to be out in 2005 for the 20th annivarsary but it never came...he said the studio kept saying there would be one so I dunno why it's taken to goddamn long.

Did he say when they were due?

Edited by nicky

Looking fwd to the Commando and Mad Max 2 SE DVDs...as I understand it Vernon said MM2 was a director's cut and everyone did interviews except Virginia Hay (wanted more money I think)...this was a bout 18 months ago though when he told me this.

He also expected Commado SE DVD to be out in 2005 for the 20th annivarsary but it never came...he said the studio kept saying there would be one so I dunno why it's taken to goddamn long.

Did he say when they were due?

didnt ask him anything about rereleases at all, i alwasy ahve stuff to ask and then when it comes down to it i just forget everything, only done 3 shows but am getting better with each one...

maybe one day i'll ask what i want att he right time! :wub:

When I met him at LFCC1 he told me he got the part of Bennet in Commando thru producer Joel Silver who he worked for on Weird Science and Ahnold actually asked him to replace the original actor who was cast as Bennet, Ahnold couldn't work with him "cos he was a loon" (he didn't say who it was). He also said I think he auditioned for Ahnold's role and they were plans to do a prequel when they were back in the unit. He got on with "Arnie" well and everyone called him that.

There was footage cut from MM2 which should be in the dir. cut namely the opening where we see how what happened before Max is being chased by the motorbike gang at the very start of the film. The rape scene was also more graphic. His cameo in Werid Science was of course a deliberate "send up".

Never asked him about Inner Space or Fortress...maybe next time.

When I met him at LFCC1 he told me he got the part of Bennet in Commando thru producer Joel Silver who he worked for on Weird Science and Ahnold actually asked him to replace the original actor who was cast as Bennet, Ahnold couldn't work with him "cos he was a loon" (he didn't say who it was). He also said I think he auditioned for Ahnold's role and they were plans to do a prequel when they were back in the unit. He got on with "Arnie" well and everyone called him that.

There was footage cut from MM2 which should be in the dir. cut namely the opening where we see how what happened before Max is being chased by the motorbike gang at the very start of the film. The rape scene was also more graphic. His cameo in Werid Science was of course a deliberate "send up".

Never asked him about Inner Space or Fortress...maybe next time.

I wish he's had a better commando pic on the desk but I got this one as it was the only one left

Vernon

Now I've got to complete it! What with Arnie not signing movie stills anymore that's a dead cert no hoper.

This was the MM2 Pic I got signed

MM2

I think I'm gonna get a frame for that one as I think it's ace.

Anyone got any photos?

Hannah xx

Hi Hannah. I saw you on the day in question and because you were laughing so much, you didn't tell me what "porch monkey" meant. Well babes, what dose it mean? :D

Sorry no photo's only the one i've got is of me & him on Friday when i first met him. I wish i had he was off his trolly by Sunday. He was nuts. And you! i thought you were going to pee yourself you were laughing that much. I asked him what he'd done after Commardo he's reply was "Do you whatch don't read, mods please delete?". ^_^

For me he was one of the highlights of C10 LONG LIVE VERNON WELLS. ;)

Brian xx

Edited by datalore

I met Vernon on the Saturday. He was fantastic. He was really chatty. I had a t-shirt on that said 'I'll be nicer if you give me chocolate'. He offered me a bar of chocolate and wanted me to strip for it. LOL He was sat next to Clayton Watson who was in stitches the whole time. It was one of the best experiences of a convention. He was really nice to me and after my daughter took the photo of us he gave me a kiss!! He put on my Mad Max 2 photo 'The look of love'. He was definately my fav guest of the day.

This is him offering me the chocolate

Vernonofferingmechocolatesmall.jpg

and him and me

VernonWellssmall.jpg

hehe i remember you! Your Husband pulled a gun on Clayton didnt he. He was chuckling about that later in the day!

Great Guys! Loved that weekend!

hannah x

Heh heh...erm yep..That was me..A little presumptuous of me..but He was ok about it..Great bloke..

His face says it all..

(sorry to hijack)

SmithVsTheKid.jpg