carrying weapons?

skapunkninja

There are some USCM usually in attendance at LFCC but I've never seen any at Collectormania, thus as its in a public shopping centre the powers that be might have a problem with you carrying M41-A pulse rifles/greade launchers......you could use "harsh language" instead??

Actually what you need to do (and Combat Gerbil if he's about will probably agree and expand on this nicely) is contact the police.

Saying politely that there is an event on at the Milton Keynes shopping center (date and times) and that you will be dressing up as it is a convention. That there will be replica weapons about. If you declare them, then there will be no suprises. The police will normally appreciate the call. And I would like to think that many of us will be doing it.

HOWEVER. ONLY carry the weapons in the center and if you can, use them maturely. To wave them about and threaten people will only send the wrong message and could have you arrested.

Taking them into the Xscape centre is sheer folly and shouldn't be done. And if you can (if it wont damage your costumes too much) if the replica weapons look a lot like regular grade guns - put a bright orange stopper at the end of the barrel. Then from a distance any one will know they're fake.

Just something to think about. :)

There are some USCM usually in attendance at LFCC but I've never seen any at Collectormania, thus as its in a public shopping centre the powers that be might have a problem with you carrying M41-A pulse rifles/greade launchers......you could use "harsh language" instead??

harsh language might be a problem with kids about.. how about the sharp sticks instead? :P and i was one of them marines at lfcc :angel:

cheers smaug, that sounds a good idea, i'll give the old bill a call tomorrow :o

Just expanding on what Smaug has said, it would be appreciated that if you are planning to bring any replica weapons into the centre, if you could email me, with

a photo of the weapon, your name, and we will use your email address as a contact. I will then pass it on to the security team.

As they are supposed to check out all replicas, something that they do do with the UKG..

awsome suit dude! heres mine....

measpredator.jpg

and the one im working on for my girlf...

DSC00042.jpg

i'll email ya a bit closer to CM, we can meet up and go hunt some stormtroopers :dance:

And regarding the weapons, i rang the mk police today, and its fine as long as they know about it :YAHOO:

ALX, i dont know exactly who's going, or carrying what yet, so as soon as i do, i'll let ya know

nice going on the female suit, i recognise you from the lair aswell
That's a female Pred?! Do you guys have plasma cannons too, they seem to be missing from the pics? I'd like to get some pics of you guys at the con...can you do any good Pred poses?

Actually what you need to do (and Combat Gerbil if he's about will probably agree and expand on this nicely) is contact the police.

Saying politely that there is an event on at the Milton Keynes shopping center (date and times) and that you will be dressing up as it is a convention. That there will be replica weapons about. If you declare them, then there will be no suprises. The police will normally appreciate the call. And I would like to think that many of us will be doing it.

HOWEVER. ONLY carry the weapons in the center and if you can, use them maturely. To wave them about and threaten people will only send the wrong message and could have you arrested.

Taking them into the Xscape centre is sheer folly and shouldn't be done. And if you can (if it wont damage your costumes too much) if the replica weapons look a lot like regular grade guns - put a bright orange stopper at the end of the barrel. Then from a distance any one will know they're fake.

Just something to think about. :)

Hey Smaug how ya doin babes....

Okies I'm Combat Gerbils wife and last time we were at the event he carried a replica as he was doing Agent Smith so what you need to do is call the police and tell them what Smaug has said they will give you a reference number if they dont tell them you want one then every morning you call them and quote the ref tell them the event has started.. Then you need to call them again at the end of the evening to tell them the event has finished for that day. You need to do this everyday of the event. As for Security needing to check your weapons well they never once checked Kevins so it's upto you guys if you want to give out your details but personally I wouldn't

Your costumes are AWESOME BTW can't wait to see them up close

Elfiexx

nice going on the female suit, i recognise you from the lair aswell
That's a female Pred?! Do you guys have plasma cannons too, they seem to be missing from the pics? I'd like to get some pics of you guys at the con...can you do any good Pred poses?

hey man, yeah i have a plasma, just not shown in the pic, my suit is 70% complete, just in need of assembly and the hand/feet sculpt.

be sure to come over for some pics, pred poses? damn i will pick you up and hold the wristblades to your neck if you want me to, lol

Andy

...last time we were at the event...

As for Security needing to check your weapons well they never once checked Kevins so it's upto you guys if you want to give out your details but personally I wouldn't

That was then, this is now. Last time you were at the event, you could wander on to a plane with as many mysterious bottles of liquid as you could carry.

And the police hadn't just seized a huge cache of arms in the home counties.

No guarantees, but times and circumstances change, and things may be different now.

be sure to come over for some pics, pred poses? damn i will pick you up and hold the wristblades to your neck if you want me to, lol
I meant poses from the movie, like do you have a convincing Pred stance?

got a few, but im my own pred, the ones from the movie died :vader: hehehe

Andy

i was wondering... me and some guys from our costuming group are gonna come dressed as colonial marines from aliens, whats the deal with carrying replica pulse rifles? i know the ukg guys always have their blasters, so its no different from that really

You have a PM on the RQ forum... Hope it helps..

And Thanks Smaug..I remember it well..... ;-)

Edited by Combat Gerbil

As for Security needing to check your weapons well they never once checked Kevins

If you are talking about the SM hired security I think you might be amazed atjust how many replicas they check without the person realizing!!!!! Having stood with them a fair few times I can tell you that their eyes are honed and thorough!!! :vader:

If you mean MK security then who knows!!!! lol

Edited by Dum dumdum Dum

.. how about the sharp sticks instead?

But you could poke someones eye out with one of those! How about a blunted stick instead? or to make doubly sure they are safe wrap both ends with cotton wool - they you can be the only predator in the universe to threaten people with a giant cotton bud.

Excellent costumes by the way.

what like, a rip billy skull from his body pose? or attack hawkins whilst he stand there in terror :) or a roar at dutch and watch him squirm pose?

so many choices! ill be sure to get osme pics of you guys too.

(zack from ff7 vs preds) lol .

Add Sephiroth to that photo op.

Thats for starting this topic as I was about to ask myself. I have a sword for Sephiroth that I was unsure about (I'll post pic as soon as I get batteries for my camera)it. It is about 5'6" long about about 4" wide. Although the blade has been shaped it has been kept safe. It is made of a soft wood, plastic and Milliput (for the handle). All points have been blunted and sanded down. Is it still worth me sending my details to security?

Nice Pred outfits peeps!

Leggy aka evil unhinged blond from FF7 xx

As for Security needing to check your weapons well they never once checked Kevins

If you are talking about the SM hired security I think you might be amazed atjust how many replicas they check without the person realizing!!!!! Having stood with them a fair few times I can tell you that their eyes are honed and thorough!!!:thumbup:

If you mean MK security then who knows!!!! lol

I was refering to Events Solutions UK, the security firm that Showmasters hire. I know they check out weapons. And they do stop people. I have seen them stop and ask to take a closer look at weapons. It makes things easier if you let them know in advance..

Hence, being as I work for them, Im saying if you email me Ill forward your details to the boss.

A