New Buffy series!?!

Purple Cheese Monkey

I read in 'The sun' paper last week, in the entertainment section, that Sarah and the rest of the cast, along with Tony Head, are interested in doing a new show, even though they all wanted it to end at series 7.

I don't know any more than that I'm afraid.

I doubt it'll be a whole new series 8, but maybe something like they do on the Sci-fi channel, those four 1hr mini series' (like they did to end FarScape).

Has anyone read 'Queen of the Slayers', set after the show? I havent quite finished it yet (couple more chapters) but that story could be really cool for a new mini series.

Anyway, if any of you have heard/read about this anywhere else, or have your own thoughts, please share.

Thanks!

PCM

• Moderators

I've honestly not read a single thing about that, and if it were true it'd no doubt be everywhere on entertainment sites etc and I do read a lot!

Only thing I've read about lately is the season 8 comics, sorry! :poki:

As much as id love any continuation of Buffy/Angel, i just cant see it happening now? Its been too long and i wouldnt want them to come up with any old storyline just to keep us fans happy! If they were to come up with something for me it would have to be Angel based, not saying that Angel would have to be in it but more with the characters from Angel cos for me Season 5 was no ending for me and i would of loved to have seen more! :thumbup: Of course if David Boreanaz changes his mind and decides to come on board too then thats fine with me! :D Its good to talk about the possibilities tho cos it shows we are all still interested? :D

Maybe just a show about Slayers from the past, Victorian era, World war 2, The form of the watchers council in London, they touch these topics in the Spike and Dru book "pretty maids all in a row" and the tales of the slayers books...anyone else like that idea?

i like that idea, theres a huge history of the slayers so they could easily make a series out of it.

Nudity involved again i see? :YAHOO:

On another note i havent read any of the books and comics that are around, i dont really have much time to read like that anymore, this forum is the most that i read lately! Are the books any good tho cos ive seen them around on Ebay and stuff?

We should tell Joss our ideas and hopefully he could get the ball rolling finally, if ever, after Wonder Woman that is? :YAHOO:

I havent heard about the new Buffy comics, but i'll have to pick them up. Aren't they currently doing an Post-Angel comic line too?

Let's just wait and see, I guess. Something as big as Buffy is bound to come back anew on our screens at some point...

Is it just me or are all the good new shows not getting the rateings they should. I loved Tru Calling & Hex both didnt last as long as they should have.

• Moderators

I felt that Tru Calling unfortunately took a bit too long to get really good i.e. towards the end of Season 1 and the very few Season 2 episodes, so it was a shame that it didn't get the chance to carry on.

Hex was always going to be seen as a British Buffy or something to that effect, even though it was good and different, it wasn't strong enough.

Same with something like Point Pleasant .. USA tends to be very brutal with new shows and if they're not instant successes on the level of Lost, Prison Break, The OC etc then they don't stick with them.

• 5 weeks later...

I havent head anything at all. There have been rumours (obv!) but nothing took off so I just figured nothing was happening. But I have read Queen of the Slayer. Its an excellent book and that as a series would be great, or maybe an end film like "Serenity" Something to end the show. A spike or faith series would be awesome! But they gotta think of James age as well. If theyre gonna do it they have to do it now other wise Spike isnt gonna look like Spike anymore!

• Showmasters Admin

Indeed as a vampire he's not allowed to age. And in Smallville he's already looking older. I don't mean that in a bad way, he's still a good looking git (is not jealous at all). It happens to all of us. He's in his 30s now and he looks it. I think he'd be hard pressed pulling off the 20s looking Spike anymore.

Indeed as a vampire he's not allowed to age. And in Smallville he's already looking older. I don't mean that in a bad way, he's still a good looking git (is not jealous at all). It happens to all of us. He's in his 30s now and he looks it. I think he'd be hard pressed pulling off the 20s looking Spike anymore.

However hopeful i am of future projects ive got to agree with you about James, i was only watching Buffy the other day and he looks so young compared to now, i know maybe the blond hair might make him look younger but not enough? I think infact hes in his 40s now, not old but not able to carry spike off anymore! Its a shame nothing was done sooner! :dance:

Me: Can you send happiness to everyone at the forum?

God: Yes, but only 4 times or 4 days

Me: OK, please let that be the spring, summer, autumn and the winter time?

God: That would be to much, I can only offer you 3 days.

Me: OK, I will take yesterday, today and tomorrow.

God: Maybe not. Let’s make it 2 days

Me: OK, then during the day and during the night

God: Oh...no! 1 day only, sorry.

Me: OK, I’ll take that

God: Then which day would you like that to be?

me:???????? whoever can post/reply me? which day?

;):dance::D

^^www.elpisworld.com^^