Anyone getting anything unusual signed ?

dufresne

I'll be getting Richard Briers to sign some boxsets, Carrie Fisher for Burbs, and I can't be the only Eternal Sunshine poster that Elijah will sign ?

So is anyone else getting any unusual stuff signed, or something from a guests less obvious roles ?

I think its much better to bring less known and more obscure items for the guests to sign because not only does it show how much of a fan you are of them, but I think they'll be pleasantly surprised.

I still haven't decided if I'm going to get an autograph this year but good luck with yours, dufresne

I think its much better to bring less known and more obscure items for the guests to sign because not only does it show how much of a fan you are of them, but I think they'll be pleasantly surprised.

I still haven't decided if I'm going to get an autograph this year but good luck with yours, dufresne

got a hughe picture of Elijah/Foro standing looking at the ring in Mt Doom, looks cool. Also got a big piccy of the Princess lying at Jabbas feet to sign. Gotta love the slave outfit! :wub:

oh go on then last time before lfcc

my lost poster for Jorge and Daniel Dae Kim (possibly fingers crossed)

PICT0272.jpg

my C3 star wars poster for carrie fisher, peter mayhew and paul blake to sign

IMAG0030.jpg

my new saga poster for carrie fisher, peter mayhew and simon williamson to sign

SA400022.jpg

and finally my brand new dr who poster for all of the dr who guests (with some help from stevie 79 ;) )

0350.jpg

nlindenj - I am SO envious of you for your signed Lost poster!! Where did you get that poster from? I've seen it before, but haven't been able to purchase it?

I'm going to ask Jorge and Maggie to sign the 2-sided Lost poster that was in Heat magazine last year and also on the Channel 4 and E4 promo posters (The one where it says on the back "One of us is a murderer", "One of us is a junkie" etc etc. The other side is of all of them. I love that poster, just need a frame for it now!

Haven't decided which Elijah Wood poster to bring for him to sign yet...

hi L I T

thank you for the comments, i got it from a guy in the states who went to the cons just before the second season started, my friend got mira furlan when she was last in the country

i saw that lost poster, its folded isn't it ? it would be worth getting it custom framed (the frame on the star wars poster was £40, but it is huge and was worth every penny)

see you in 7 days

Im just getting the usual 10x8s and my Lost book signed, but my sister is getting Elijah to sign his replica sword from LOTR and shes got a Hobbits journal that shes been getting signed by different LOTR guests that we've met, plus box sets etc, nothing that unusual! ;)

Nothing too unusual for me this time (no posters for anyone, sorry guys!), just the following:

Elijah:

Sin City Japenese promo artwork

Faculty 10x8

A3 size LOTR image

Maggie:

Lost cast logo shot

10x8 of Shannon

Nathan:

Firefly cast photo

Nathan & Adam photo from Serenity

Slither item (if I can find a good one)

It's always good to bring weird & wondeful stuff from people's lesser known work. Lance Henricksen was over the moon when I brought him my "Pumpkinhead" DVD cover to sign, and Prescilla Barnes was so happy I chose a "Devil's Rejects" image over the standard "Bond" stuff people were getting signed. They usually have a longer chat and more to say about their smaller parts, so it usually proves fun for you and them!

See you all in 7 days! ;)

I might get Elijah to sign Eternal Sunshine, as I already have Mark Ruffalo on an Eternal pic. But I'm still not sure yet. I'll decide before I'm there though.

It's always fun to hear what the actors have to say about unusual choices. Like when I met Alan Cumming, I had a pic from God, The Devil & Bob, instead of the usual X-Men or Bond pics. He really enjoyed that, good stuff.

I just remembered - I've got a 6ft door hang poster of Elijah from LOTR, but considering it's bigger than me, I won't bring it! I must try and find something unique!

EDIT to ask: Might sound like a silly question, but on the 10x8's can you ask the guest star to write a little message to you? Like "Dear x, Best wishes, Elijah" Or is that too cheesy and not allowed? I just want something personalised, if you see what I mean?

Edited by lost.in.translation

I just remembered - I've got a 6ft door hang poster of Elijah from LOTR, but considering it's bigger than me, I won't bring it! I must try and find something unique!

EDIT to ask: Might sound like a silly question, but on the 10x8's can you ask the guest star to write a little message to you? Like "Dear x, Best wishes, Elijah" Or is that too cheesy and not allowed? I just want something personalised, if you see what I mean?

When Elijah was at a convention in March here in Sweden, he signed my pic "To x, All the best, Elijah Wood."

A guest will personalise if they have time. Elijah didn't have time to personalise my poster @ CM4, but that was because he had to fit everyone in & wouldn't have seen everyone otherwise. He might have time @ LFCC, it just depends. Except for Elijah, every guest I've ever met has been able to personalise. They're all pretty cool about it & I love getting personalised stuff as it's more personal.

Enjoy the show! ;)

Thank you for your replies Railok and Victor Van Dort.

Can I just ask one more question please: When your item is personalised, what do you ask the guest star to write? I have heard of people asking for specific things to be written. Sorry totally dumb question! I'll leave now...

Again, it depends on your preference & the guests willingness to write a line or quote or whatever.

Most guests do a basic "best wishes", but if they've got time I usually ask for a quote or something if there's a short line from the movie.

When I met Billy Boyd, I asked him to sign it "To Keith, What About Second Breakfast?", and he did.

Bernard Hill wrote "Great to meet you Keith" in my ROTK book

Andy Serkis signed a picture "See you in December, my precioussss" at my request.

Dom Monaghan personalised & wrote "Be Merry" on my Two Towers poster!

My fave has to be my John Rhys Davies one of Gimli swinging his axe, he wrote "To Keith, Keep weilding the pen! Here's to you and a great future!". Because I write, ocassionally.

Oh, and I've got a great double signed piccie of Sala Baker & Nathaniel Lees. Sala's written "I smell....MANFLESH!" and Nathan's put "Looks like meat's back on the menu!"

They were really chuffed that I wanted quotes, and it makes the auto a little different!

Hope that helps!

Enjoy! :unsure:

I think when its personalised, some people just put a "To your name" if they're the popular celebs. I know Adam Baldwin last year allowed people to ask him to put quotes from some of the shows he did. So personalised depends on who is signing it.

A tip for people getting items personalised though. If your name is uncommon, long or difficult to spell, its possibliy a good idea to take a piece of paper with your name written on it so you won't be disappointed.

Thanks again for your replies, guys.

Victor Van Dort - That's amazing aout all your LOTR quotes! I love the Andy Serkis, Dom Monaghan and John Rhys Davies quotes/ statements!!

I'm trying to think of a good quote to ask Elijah. Am a bit stuck on inspiration :unsure:

For Hurley something along the lines of "Dude..." or "Have a cluckity, cluck, cluck day!" or something better!! And am still thinking about Maggie. (Can you tell that this is my first convention ever!!)

Well, I doubt if Elijah's going to have enough time to do qoutes, but just for the fun of it, my fave Frodo line is actually from the dead marshes scene in The Two Towers when he's talking to Gollum, when he says "You were not so very different from a hobbit once? Were you?" and then when Gollum looks up with those eyes so full of sorrow and longing for the past and Frodo calls him Smeagol for the first time..."That was your name once. A long time ago."

And of course, I love the closing line to FOTR, "I'm glad you're with me Sam."

Yes, its soppy & sentimental, but I love it! :dance:

Yeah, suppose you're right about Elijah not doing quotes due to lack of time.

But, if Elijah did have time, I wouldn't ask him to write that last one, because believe it or not, a guy called Sam was an ex of mine! So I'd rather not have that written there for me to look at for eternity!

But I do agree with you, and I do love the sentimental value of it in the film!

Yeah, suppose you're right about Elijah not doing quotes due to lack of time.

But, if Elijah did have time, I wouldn't ask him to write that last one, because believe it or not, a guy called Sam was an ex of mine! So I'd rather not have that written there for me to look at for eternity!

But I do agree with you, and I do love the sentimental value of it in the film!

Lol! I was going to ask him to write "I will take the ring to Mordor" or something, but when I saw how busy he was, I thought better to get just a sig!

Yeah I know! That quote did make me laugh when you said it! Haha.

I really wish I had gone to conventions before! But was "too busy" with uni, but now I'm free, I'm going to try and visit as many conventions as I can.

I know that this is wishful thinking, but I hope Elijah is not as busy as he is predicted to be (based on previous conventions) I'd love to actually chat to him for a few minutes. Ahhh well. A photo with him will do just fine!

Thank you for all your help, Victor Van Dort, you're a seriously cool guy!