Ticket Queries

Keeper

Right, blame feralmoggy for this at this time of the morning :unsure: :unsure:

queries appearing in the photoshoot thread about ticket fears, so hopefully this will help calm anyone, and additional advice is also VERY welcome - i haven't been to LFCC since the first, so i'm likely out of date a bit.

my advice is thus:

If you HAVEN'T recieved tickets, bring a letter from Showmasters

Letter = e-mail receipt - you should have that if you've been billed for the tickets.

i'm not sure how early bird is bein done, but i'd guess that its the same possibility, though i've honestly no idea. if possible, it would definitely be wise to bring your credit card receipt as well as a copy of the e-mail.

if you HAVEN'T recieved the email receipt, e-mail SM ASAP. if they've definitely billed you they should have sent it, but if you never received it there's possibly been a screw-up somewhere. not necessarily on SM's end either - its surprising how easy it is for e-mails to go astray.

EDIT - also, for the photoshoot, definitely bring any e-mail receipts you have but i would reccomend bringing your passport as well, if you don't have your credit/debit card receipt.

EDIT - any unsold tickets for any photoshoots will be sold on the day.

Talk Tickets: Elijah

Elijah talk confirmed for Sunday, 3:50.

just noting here for those who don't see the pinned thread :angel:

TALK TICKETS ARE FREE, AVAILIBLE FROM ORGANISER'S BOOTH.

One Half of Elijah's talk tickets will be given out on saturday, the rest will be given out on sunday.

one ticket per person.

This is probably all covered in the FAQ, but i admit, i've a bit of trouble myself at reading all that just to find one line, so I hope this thread helps, while keeping such fears from other threads :poki:

EDIT - i'm told by Charisma that early bird tickets are also being posted, so advice here should apply to that as well.

SECOND EDIT - i'll try to keep this post updated as much as possible so ppl don't need to read the entire thread, if it grows considerably.

Additionally, while the primary goal of this thread is to calm fears about tickets not arriving in time, I'll try to help with more general enquiries, and i'm sure others will as well :unsure:

Edit - directions to the venue, as well as links to downloadable maps, may be found here:

http://londonfilmandcomiccon.com/travel.html

EDIT - link to map: earlscourt26dh.th.jpg

EDIT - What if I don't recieve my ticket? Click here

EDIT - someone asked somewhere about Video Cameras. this from the LFCC website:

PHOTOGRAPHING THE GUESTS/USE OF VIDEO CAMERAS:

We recognise that getting a photo with a guest can be important. Therefore, when you meet the guest to obtain your autograph, there is usually no further charge for taking a photo with them. However, as the day progresses, it does sometimes become necessary to stop photos in order that the guests can get through and meet more people, otherwise there would be fans that would go home not having met them at all.

Please also bear in mind that whilst guests are often willing to pose for photos with fans, there may be reasons why they decline. If this happens please do respect their wishes.

The use of video cameras is permitted in the dealers room, although we would advise asking someone's permission before filming them. All we ask is that you use your discretion and not to film anyone that doesn't want to be filmed (this goes for fans, staff and dealers as well as guests).

Video Cameras are NOT allowed into Guest Talks or screenings. This is for a number of reasons both legal and practical.

Edited by Keeper

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated with response from Too Tall:

Ticket's not arriving?

The ticket should be sent out soon.

If you don't get yours in time do not worry you will still get in. Just bring along the email you got when you booked and you bank statement if you can. There will be extra crew at the doors to help you. Do not worry.

As for the person with the Gold Pass, don't worry, on the day there will be a gold pass queue. Even if you don't get your letter you will be fine. There will be a crew member there to help you out. They will have a list of the people that have bought gold passes. Just bring along some form of ID and they will issue you with your gold pass. you will be fine.

It my well be that at this late stage that (like the talk tickets at C9) the Elijah photo tickets will be collected at the organisers booth. Again bring your email confiramtion you got when you book(ed).

Can I buy more than one?

There is no limit on the number of tickets you can by, so you can get them for friends, but....

Will someone buy 50 and sell them?

SM will be keeping an eye on this, anything over 5-10 will be questioned.

Yes there is the possability that someone will try and sell on a spare ticket on the day, but there's not a lot that can be done about that.

VTs

The FAQ is correct.

It doesn't matter if it's an open queue or not, you can join the queue to accompany someone that is getting an autograph. You just need your own VT. A VT is to join the queue not get an autograph. But as I say you have to be with someone that IS GETTING an autograph. Even with a VT you will not be allowed to join the queue just to see the guest (i.e. if you are not with someone getting an autograph.)

• Showmasters Admin

I've added the following to the FAQ in section 1.

What if my (entry, gold pass or photo shoot) ticket doesn't arrive?

Entry tickets (early-bird or normal) - Bring along proof of purchase i.e. The confirmation email you got when you booked and/or your bank statement with the transaction shown (if you booked by phone just bring the bank statement). When you get there join the pre-paid queue and there will be extra crew at the doors to deal with this problem, don't worry you will get in.

Gold Pass - Gold passes are NOT sent to you but are picked up on the day of the event. You will be sent a letter a couple of weeks before the event. You take that letter to the show to get your gold pass and goody bags. If you are worried that the letter may not reach you in time because you live outside the UK, you can send SM an e-mail and ask them to send the letter slightly earlier for you. Don't worry, if the letter does not arrive just bring along proof of purchase. i.e. The confirmation email you got when you booked and/or your bank statement with the transaction shown. Although the letter is sent registered post (has to be signed for) and so is unlikely to go missing. When you get there just go to the Gold Pass holders queue and there will be a member of crew there to help you.

Photo Shoot - Bring along proof of purchase i.e. The confirmation email you got when you booked and/or your bank statement with the transaction shown and go to the organisers booth once you are in the show. They will help you.

Hi,

This isn't ticket related but I do need some help. How do we get from the tube station to earls court two? We haven't been there before, and don't want to waste valuable queuing time just trying to find the right venue! :huh:

PS I did check the FAQ but couldn't find it there! :D

Entry tickets (early-bird or normal) - Bring along proof of purchase i.e. The confirmation email you got when you booked and/or your bank statement with the transaction shown (if you booked by phone just bring the bank statement). When you get there join the pre-paid queue and there will be extra crew at the doors to deal with this problem, don't worry you will get in.

This all good and well, but it would s**k tremendously. Basically if the tickets don't arrive in time you'd have better joined early bird queue buying a ticket as working with the emails is a painfully slow arrangement.

This all good and well, but it would s**k tremendously. Basically if the tickets don't arrive in time you'd have better joined early bird queue buying a ticket as working with the emails is a painfully slow arrangement.

HOWEVER - at least you won't pay twice.

and its there in case, not as a necessity.

and hey, if you have all the right paperwork, its a quick check, and in you go. not that hard, unless you're either incompetent at the job or trying to bring your email up on a computer at the venue.

and i've yet to meet an incompetent crew member.

Thanks! Im just worried that I will be walking round the building the long way round or something!! Will there be signs and things?

no idea, but if its like wembly there'll be one entrance, and too many ppl outside :huh:

Hey Guys,

Just a quick Gold Pass question. I bought one, recieved the 'your order is being processed' e-mail but no confirmation. I checked my bank statement and a payment was made to Offworld Corp. for the £175 - Am I right in assuming that this is the payment to Showmasters and will this statement cover me if I don't get any other correspondence?

Thanks.

I believe it's like this:

earlscourt26dh.th.jpg

and pasted into start of thread :huh:

Hey Guys,

Just a quick Gold Pass question. I bought one, recieved the 'your order is being processed' e-mail but no confirmation. I checked my bank statement and a payment was made to Offworld Corp. for the £175 - Am I right in assuming that this is the payment to Showmasters and will this statement cover me if I don't get any other correspondence?

Thanks.

i believe this IS the correct payment, though i can't be certain.

however, if it is, take your bank statement showing the transaction with you. you pick up your gold pass at the event (as per Too Tall's post at the top of the thread)

This isn't ticket related but I do need some help. How do we get from the tube station to earls court two? We haven't been there before, and don't want to waste valuable queuing time just trying to find the right venue!

Since the Earls Court Exhibition and Conference Centre complex are by far the biggest "attractions" near EC and West Brompton tube stations, you can assume they will be well posted from the station.

According to the venue website (http://www.eco.co.uk) there is nothing else going on there on 1st July. So if you find yourself arriving at a closed door with nobody there, you've probably got the wrong bit of the complex.

On 2nd July EC One is staging "London Interiors" - "the UK’s definitive buying event exclusively for the mid to top end retail and interior design market." So if you find yourself in a queue full of people looking like Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen and Linda Barker, and rabbiting on about developments in sofa design or the latest in uplighter technology, either you or all of them are in the wrong queue.

:huh:

Hey Guys,

Thanks.

Yes, you are correct. At least this is the way things were handled at prior shows.

You should be getting a letter sometime next week though.

Hey All

Anybody know roughly when the sales of early bird tickets online will be stopped? :chair:

Been holding off as long as possible in the hope that days will be confirmed, but would like to pre-order them to save hassle and longer queues on day as I'm after EW auto.

Cheers! TTFN

B

basically, when they're sold out.

however, i understand there'll be a seperate early bird queue at the event for those who haven't already purchased it. so i'm guessing you should be ok, though hopefully someone else will have a more definite answer.

basically, when they're sold out.

:chair: that makes sense! :)

Actually doubt they would run out - was thinking more about posting times etc (And yes i know you can take your confirmation as backup)

Hum... am planning Saturday due to that horrible work thing on Monday and getting back for it... oh well, maybe I'll just buy weekend tickets to be safe! :chair:

• Showmasters Admin

This is purely IF your ticket doesn't arrive. The intention is that all tickets will be send out, but mistakes do happen. This is advice for people that do not recieve their tickets for some reason. This will hopefully not happen at all but as people worry about these things I added to the FAQ what to do in the event is does happen, I'm not saying it will happen! I'm not saying it will be the normal for everyone.

Hey Guys,

Thanks.

Yes that is correct. You should recieve a your gold pass letter soon. If not bring along the e-mail and your bank statement. But the letter should be will you soon.

Hey All

Anybody know roughly when the sales of early bird tickets online will be stopped? :chair:

Been holding off as long as possible in the hope that days will be confirmed, but would like to pre-order them to save hassle and longer queues on day as I'm after EW auto.

Cheers! TTFN

B

It is likely that ALL tickets will stop being sold on-line early next week. At previous events the tickets have stopped being sold on-line 2 weeks before the event. And that is this weekend. So if you want to get one on-line I'd do it soon.

Elijah talk confirmed for Sunday, 3:50.

just noting here for those who don't see the pinned thread :(

TALK TICKETS ARE FREE, AVAILIBLE FROM ORGANISER'S BOOTH.

One Half of Elijah's talk tickets will be given out on saturday, the rest will be given out on sunday.

one ticket per person.

I have a question

by recorded mail does that mean someone has to sign for it at the other end?

*will have to arrange for someone to be at home* a week before the show you say? I'm guessing approx 26th June then to arrive a day or two later?