Richard Dreyfuss

I have started this thread for all who think Dreyfuss is an inspired capture by Showmasters.

Jaws, Close Encounters and various other films...............its just a great guest.

For all those people who moan about repeat guests, even I have moaned about Baker and Prowse being everywhere, this is an original great guest that I dont think half the board recognises, as his best films were 20 odd years ago.

He was a massive name at one stage!

Just a post to say that to bring Dreyfuss to this event keeps my faith in you sky high. Please if he tries to cancel, kidknap him and make sure he attends the event. Do anything, bribe him......... hes cool.

Thanks Showmasters.

p.s. Maybe a couple more guests for LFCC to please the fence sitters!! :P

Dreyfuss is indeed a fantastic guest for LFCC4, one of Spielberg's favourite actors, and a rare name in convention circles. For SM to have secured him for us is some feat, and I fully agree that LFCC is shaping up into that "Annual Mega-Event" that was promised to us when it first moved to Earl's Court.

Thanks SM & keep up the good work!

You probably would have heard the squeals the other side of the world when I heard that Richard Dreyfuss was announced. Definitely, without a doubt (and other equally wonderful phrases) the best guest that SM have managed to get, for me anyway.

I've loved Dreyfuss since I saw him in The Goodbye Girl when I was little, and CE3K aged 7. Since then I've always followed his career - who can't love him in Jaws? He is a good stage and screen actor, with a genuine talent.

I can't wait to see him - I'm looking forward to seeing him more than any other guest I've met. I booked to see him in The Producers months before he had to cancel (but Nathan Lane was an excellent replacement!) and was gutted when he couldn't do the show.

Yes, SM - bribe him, anything - get him to keep his word :P

I'm so surprised at the number of people on these boards who don't know him, but perhaps that's showing my age...

For me, a huge fan of 70s & 80s movies, Dreyfuss is one of the BEST actors I can imagine attending a con.

Oscarwinner, worked a lot with Spielberg, a true icon.

Having him AND Carrie Fisher was enough for me to book the trip to London from the Netherlands.

Normally, I would only go when 7+ cool guests are announced, but now these 2 convinced me!

(seeing Mayhew again, Flanery & Oppenheimer are great too btw)

When I have that signed CE3K & Jaws stuff in my hands I'll be over the moon!

Btw: he played a d*mn-good part in Poseidon!

Yeah, Rich is the man !

Seen loads of his films, but him building that mountain out of mashed potato in close encounters really sticks in my memory.

He has proven to be a wide ranging actor, comfortable in a range of genres, and keep everything crossed he shows for the LFCC.

Bigger than Burt, you betcha !