Ood

suz_queen

Agree - it was a really good one and quite creepy. I didnt think it was as good as the Cybermen double bill - but am willing to wait until next week.

As for scary I dont think this series is anywhere near as scary as the last.

i found the music unusually loud too at times...

but here's what i DIDN'T like

is tennant playing the village idiot? because this is the SECOND episode i've noticed a distinct lack of continuity in established facts.

the key of the tardis can connect with it from ANYWHERE. so... why doesn't tennant actually try using it??

it was established, most recently, by ecclestone - the episode where they went back in time.

i know it would make for bad TV, to solve the problem so easily, but to me, its just bad writing, that such an intelligent being as the doctor could possibly forget how to get the tardis back... :S

hey, i did it quite a bit at uni myself :P

but, considering rose also has a key, it just seems a bit... iffy, i suppose, that he could forget the thing so easily.

the last thing that was inconsistent was the cybermen episode where he said about needing something powered from our dimension - well, there's the screwdriver, rose's watch, her phone...

added together, he seems to be missing the blatantly obvious things that he should be thinking of.

and hey, how could he land in london instead of new york?? i thought he new this planet!! :(

Agree - it was a really good one and quite creepy. I didnt think it was as good as the Cybermen double bill - but am willing to wait until next week.

Ive only seen a few episodes from the previous season (didn't like ecclestone too much) but the 2 parter about the lost child...oh gezz not been that freaked out in along time!! Ood's didn't quite have the same scare factor as the evil child but there were times when I jumped thats for sure. I did enjoy it though, very different from the other episodes (ive not seen the cybermen episodes i was at work) which I liked. Glad to see Woody from casualty making a staring role.

Overall a good episode can't wait for next week :D

I want a Ood of my very own! They're so cute. I agree with Keeper about the TARDIS key bit. If the TARDIS innards completely vanished in Father's Day and they managed to still have a link to bring it back (all they needed was a battery, the key and some careful screwdrivering) How come the same can't be done in this situation? Maybe the writers need a little poke. I don't think its 10ant's fault. He just reads his lines and looks pretty. (Its what all actors do!)

Aaaaaaaaand Fleur! You did it again. I know you don't like the guy... but Eccleston!

I want a Ood of my very own! They're so cute. I agree with Keeper about the TARDIS key bit. If the TARDIS innards completely vanished in Father's Day and they managed to still have a link to bring it back (all they needed was a battery, the key and some careful screwdrivering) How come the same can't be done in this situation? Maybe the writers need a little poke. I don't think its 10ant's fault. He just reads his lines and looks pretty. (Its what all actors do!)

Aaaaaaaaand Fleur! You did it again. I know you don't like the guy... but Eccleston!

aww Elli I only spelt it that way cause I thought you said it had an "e" on the end.

Think I might sit and watch the first volume dvd this afternoon as Im off work sick :lol: bit of "rude and not ginger" will help!

I want a Ood of my very own! They're so cute.

I'm with you on that one - I thought it was terrible when you saw them all looking up at the black hole and knowing they were going to die; they looked so lost and it was rather upsetting! :blink:

What bothers me though is that I like Rose less and less with each episode - she irritates the hell out of me, and the whole mushiness between her and the Doctor makes my teeth itch. :P

WHAAATTT???? Are you Mad?!

This series is farrrrr better for adults(unless of course you think a pig alien, and crappy rubber aliens inside human bodies with large googly eyes are scary)? :P:D:poki:

And the speacial effects are much better in this series too *thinks back to the large energy draining alien life force in first series*

By the way Tennant's Doc is not the Village Idiot he is zany with a dark side.

I'm Likin' your explaination here! ;) He's great, and him and Rose have a MUCH better chemistry between them...

Edited by Mich

• 4 weeks later...

the ood were bloomin' scary as hell!

and you've got a point about the TARDIS. the sonic screwdriver is hooked up to the TARDIS so he could have got it from there. but anyway, when he found it i was crying i was sooooooooo happy!!!!!

oh, one more thing. DAVID TENNANT A VILLAGE IDIOT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

if anyone mentions that again,:whistling: they :firedevil: will :firedevil: pay :firedevil:

anyway, at least him being sooooo cute kind of levels off the (sorry for this) rediculousness of the entire episode! :wub:

oh, one more thing. DAVID TENNANT A VILLAGE IDIOT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

if anyone mentions that again,:firedevil: they :firedevil: will :firedevil: pay :firedevil:

meh, i'm a bloke, i don't see the looks :whistling::wub:

but... he recognises a voidship - despite it being only a theory to him (second-last episode) - and he forgets where he left the tardis key... how?:headscratch::firedevil:

how could he land in london instead of new york?? i thought he new this planet!! :thumbup:

It has been mentioned in previous series, that the TARDIS has a 'mind of it's own'. So athough the Dr may have wanted to go to New York, the tardis somehow detected there was trouble going to hapen in London, and went there instead. :rolleyes: